+++Deathwatch Outpost+++

I have to join in of the fun.

I Sviar rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Deathwatch and wov to complete a Veteran kill team of a total value of 96 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

The unit is:

DW Veteran Sergeant w/ SS and Xenophase blade.

DW Veteran Blackshield w/ SS and Powermaul.

DW Veteran w/ Fragcannon

DW Veteran w/ Stalker pattern Bolter (I think it comes with the sprue)

DW Veteran w/ Combimelta.

med_gallery_58880_13871_92542.jpg

IT! IS! DONE!

I "Of the night" have risen to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Deathwatch and completed my vow of a Leviathan Dreadnought of total value 289 points.

I now give you, Leviathan Dreadnought Hierax. Completely magnetised for any loadout and full of details. This may honestly be THE best model i have ever made, possibly not exactly the best painted, but it's the one i feel the most proud of. Click the link in my signature for more details AND a backstory for my dreadnought :smile.:

med_gallery_63725_13961_20876.jpg

Edited by Of the night

And it is completed. Vow 1 is in the books. This was a fun model to paint. In my hurry to get the Vow in, I forgot to add some little details. But I got them on in the end. I wrote some fluff for him, that I’ve attached for anyone interested. A little long winded, but I wanted to give the model some additional substance for me.

(The base is unfinished, unfortunately. I’m still undecided on what the final base style will be for my DeathWatch army. They’re on GW texture right now, but I’m thinking about putting them on sector imperialis. So, I left it undone because I don’t want to rebase in the near future.)

Vow 2 to follow shortly

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14468/med_gallery_105520_14468_851857.jpeg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14468/med_gallery_105520_14468_500023.jpeg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14468/med_gallery_105520_14468_1252098.jpeg

Ollonius Tarentus, Oath-Bound.

Tarentus’s rise in the Keep was meteoric. He was an Ultramarine to his core, exhibiting a masterful application of the Codex Astartes. But, it was his uncanny ability to utilize his Watch Brothers unique heritage traits and tactics that accelerated his rise.

He was quickly elevated to Watch Captain. And as his Kill Teams achieved numerous victories and accolades, Tarentus began to be groomed to serve as Watch Master.

But that fate was not meant to be. In his last mission as a breathing Marine, Tarentus lead a combined force of 25 DeathWatch brothers in an assault on an Ork bastion world. Their goal, to recover a relic believed to have the ability to manipulate time.

As Tarentus and his team recovered the relic, a small group of the foul Hrud materialized in the Marines midst. The temporal fields of the Hrud jarred violently with that of the relic, causing a massive temporal explosion.

To Apothecary Kul’tor, the only Marine on the outside of the temporal explosion, it was but an instant. To the 14 trapped inside, it was an eternity of bloody struggle.

As the flash of light that accompanied the temporal explosion dissipated, the landscape before Kul’tor had changed dramatically. Once dominated by Ork scrap yards and hovels, now there was only weathered rock and desert. In the epicenter of the blast, two Marines remained.

Brother Varn, who’s body had somehow been revert back to its novitiate form, and Watch Captain Tarentus.

Tarentus’s body was ravaged by time. His MkVIII crumbled to the touch. His skin peeled away from the bone. Multiple limbs were missing or crushed beyond recognition. But in his eyes burned the fires of unrestrained hatred. He would not fall.

Quick action by the apothecary Kul’tor continued Tarentus existence.

The elder brothers of the Keep, deeming his duty done, vowed to return Tarentus body back to the Ultramarines.

As the procession arrived on Ultramar, they were greeted by none other then Marneus Calgar, Chapter Master of the Ultramarines, and an Honour Guard of 1st Company Veterans. Standing above the silent form of a dormant Leviathan Drednaught, Marneus declared to all “Only in death does Duty end”.

And so it was that Tarentus was entombed within a Relic of old. Bound by sworn Oaths of old to serve. Slaughtering the xeno threats of mankind until the day his soul is burned out.

@ our_baz: Great progress mate - keep at it! :tu:

@ Mr4Minutes: That Levi is sweet! Excellent job - and congratulations on completing your Vow and look forward for Vow 2. By the way, nice story! :woot: You may want to enter it in the Mark of the Liber (and perhaps future stories too relating to your next vows).

Check it out:

gallery_48988_15465_30555.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Mr4Minutes, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX, and shall continue my pledge on the side of the DeathWatch. For my second vow, I vow to complete the following: a Watch Captain with Jump Pack, equipped with a Master Crafted Boltgun and a Relic Blade; one Intercessor Fortis Kill Team containing: 1 Sergeant with a Bolt Rifle and Chainsword, 4 Intercessors with Bolt Rifles, and a Hellblaster with Plasma Incinerator, and 1 Veteran Kill Team containing: 1 Sergeant with Storm Bolter and Power Sword, 2 Veterans with Storm Bolter and Storm Shield, 1 Veteran with Plasma Pistol and Power Sword, and 1 Veteran with a Heavy Bolter, for a total value of 339 points, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14468/med_gallery_105520_14468_488738.jpeg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14468/med_gallery_105520_14468_97092.jpeg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14468/med_gallery_105520_14468_320134.jpeg

So this is another vow on the smaller side points wise, but my paint time can disappear quickly and I will not fail my vows this year.

I "Of the night" rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and shall continue my pledge on the side of the Deathwatch and vow to complete a Veteran Squad and Primaris Apothecary of total value 195 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_63725_13961_192893.jpgmed_gallery_63725_13961_258601.jpg

med_gallery_63725_13961_436032.jpgmed_gallery_63725_13961_675040.jpg

Great second vow Of the Night! Good luck with it! 

@ Sviar: Done!

------------------------------

THIS IS THE LAST FULL WEEK OF RECRUITMENT - IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN DO SO FAST!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!