+++Adepta Sororitas Outpost+++

Sure, I have the time do do another one, so...

I, Jack Burton, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Sisters of Battle and vow to complete:

1 Squad of 10 Seraphim, with Veteran Superior with Power Sword, and 2x double inferno pistols.

of total value 150 points

IMG_4211_zpsem2qf7rj.jpg

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Jack Burton strikes again! 

giphy.gif

@ Dread: As I said, great taste! :tu: Congratulations on your completion mate, very shiny yet very gothic! And the work on the bases? inspiring stuff! Any plans f going again? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

That's awesome Dread- love the shading on celestine's wings and base. Cool to see Greyfax in the mix.

My vow was briefly on hiatus while I built all the Blackstone models. Playing my first game tonight. I've also rebuilt my gaming room- I now have the space for a 4 x 6 table if I want it; my armies are still small enough that 4 x 4 is fine. The real benefit was reorganizing my minis; I actually have a pretty huge collection. Now I can see all of my armies grouped together, and monitor progress over the entire collection.

I want to try and have this vow done in 2 weeks; ultimately I'd like two put in two more vows before the end of the event- one for my vehicles (exorcist, immolator + 3 X penitent rhinos), and one for some hq- celestine + geminai + greyfax + veridyan + WGE cannoness with progena; might through in Taddeus and Pious as well. If I can finish this one in time, I can do it.

Three weeks of vacation at the end of August, so lots of time I can devote for my endgame.

I, Aquilanus of the Order of the Dauntless Spirit, vow to paint Canoness Verydian and Celestine with two Geminae for a total of 259pts. Failure to do so will bring shame to my Order.

My apologies for not entering far, far sooner. I recently got a new job and almost all the effort I have has been focused to that end. I've made a small vow here, just so that I can at least ensure I don't miss the cut off point for this year's ETL.

Edited by Aqui

Repentia squad is done. So far these are my absolute least favorite Raging Heroes miniatures. The material is quite brittle and there are mold lines in places that I just couldn't be bothered to remove any more. For spending so much on the kickstarter I feel like I was sent first run prototypes. Even after washing them 2-3 times they still feel slick from mold release agent.

Group Shot

repentia_01_by_kasumidoll_dda73l9-fullvi

The RH minis are all ball & socket style, so you can build them however you like, and supposedly even use parts across different types. Unfortunately this left me with a few derpy poses.

repentia_02_by_kasumidoll_dda73nk-fullvi

This group has one looking back at the ground like she stepped in poop.

repentia_03_by_kasumidoll_dda73p1-fullviThis group has one yelling at the ground.

repentia_04_by_kasumidoll_dda73qj-fullviThis group has one looking at her sword like "golly gee there is a hand on my sword handle". There were no other swords and no arm that seem to be used for a two-handed grip, so I have no idea what is going on there. The lash mistress I had to check three times to be sure she wasn't from the "dark eldar" minis.

Nice, I like the silver on the shoulders.  Also yeah I had the same issues with assembly of that squad.  Not sure what to tell you; what's done is done? :P  I didn't like their Mistress, for the same reason: looks like Dark Eldar, but you did a good job painting her.

I, Aquilanus of the Order of the Dauntless Spirit, vow to paint Canoness Verydian and Celestine with two Geminae. Failure to do so will bring shame to my Order.

My apologies for not entering far, far sooner. I recently got a new job and almost all the effort I have has been focused to that end. I've made a small vow here, just so that I can at least ensure I don't miss the cut off point for this year's ETL.

Good to see you Aqui - you got me worried there for a minute... :P Good luck with your vow but please, when you have the time, can you work out the points' total? thx! ;)

Repentia squad is done. So far these are my absolute least favorite Raging Heroes miniatures. The material is quite brittle and there are mold lines in places that I just couldn't be bothered to remove any more. For spending so much on the kickstarter I feel like I was sent first run prototypes. Even after washing them 2-3 times they still feel slick from mold release agent.

Hidden Content

Group Shot

repentia_01_by_kasumidoll_dda73l9-fullvi

The RH minis are all ball & socket style, so you can build them however you like, and supposedly even use parts across different types. Unfortunately this left me with a few derpy poses.

repentia_02_by_kasumidoll_dda73nk-fullvi

This group has one looking back at the ground like she stepped in poop.

repentia_03_by_kasumidoll_dda73p1-fullviThis group has one yelling at the ground.

repentia_04_by_kasumidoll_dda73qj-fullviThis group has one looking at her sword like ":cuss there is a hand on my sword handle". There were no other swords and no arm that seem to be used for a two-handed grip, so I have no idea what is going on there. The lash mistress I had to check three times to be sure she wasn't from the "dark eldar" minis.

Well, you sound underwhelmed and frustrated Silvernale - I'm sorry about that... But on the positive side, you did a great job with them - and there is a humour value too: Screaming at the ground, looking at the sword as if it's not working... :lol: It's a crazy Galaxy out there, all sort of things happen!

------------------------------

THIS IS THE LAST FULL WEEK OF RECRUITMENT - IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN DO SO FAST!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Aquilanus of the Order of the Dauntless Spirit, vow to paint Canoness Verydian and Celestine with two Geminae. Failure to do so will bring shame to my Order.

Good to see you Aqui - you got me worried there for a minute... :P Good luck with your vow but please, when you have the time, can you work out the points' total? thx! ;)

I knew I'd forgotten something :lol: last posted edited (total is 259 pts in any case) :)

Jack Burton reporting successful completion of Vow #2.  Yes it's just one squad and the point value isn't large but it took quite some time to paint and base these up.

They're the RH Icariates, with the Angel Wings rather than the default mech wings.  Not 100% sold on the angel over mech wings from a style perspective but I like how the paint came out on these so I'm keeping it like this for now.

I'm very happy with the poses on this squad as well, it was very easy to make them active and dynamic.

48145540886_06d22ce6fc_k.jpg

Here's the full squad; I have never been more afraid to put a squad of minis on the table than I am of these.  The wings stick out all over the place and they're held on by a very small ball joint on the back.  I'm eager to get them in a game but I'm bringing my glue with :smile.:.

48145630797_3a463f4226_k.jpg

48145631117_34af851894_k.jpg

Closeups of a few squaddies.  Remember boys and girls; you don't need a helmet when The Emperor Protects!

EDIT: Changed photo hosting to remove watermarks.

Edited by Jack Burton

I assembled them?

:lol:

You really seem disenchanted with them Silvernale... I guess, it's always a risk with kickstarters....

@ Aqui: thx for the points man! :tu:

@ Jack Burton: Great to see your second vow done! :woot: They look fantastic! Any plans for a third one?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE FITFTH WEEKLY UPDATE

ONLY 48HRS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

JULY 1ST @ 17:00 GMT IS THE CUT-OFF FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS

AFTER THAT, NEW PARTICIPANTS MAY ONLY JOIN AS OUT-OF-COMPETITION ENTRIES