+++Adepta Sororitas Outpost+++

I really like the blue/white combo. I also love the fact that you used all the panels on the vehicles from the exorcist kit. I made molds when I had my last sisters army and dressed all of my vehicles the same way. Now just waiting to see what surprises GW is going to drop on us. I'm chomping at the bit to get my next army, now that I've painted my HQ'S I know what paint scheme they'll be.

That turned out very well indeed! An it totally makes sense to wait for the Codex for the markings. Lovely work on the Rhino too - your white is so smooth!

Now let's see that vow completed! :thumbsup:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey Cap and my fellow Sisters devotees; I am proud to present my third vow completed.  I'm starting to think that I should have combined all these minis into one big original vow but honestly I hadn't anticipated getting so much time to paint over the summer.  That plus a minor windfall let me order a few more squads I've had my eye on for a while.

So, vow #3: Two full squads of Battle Sisters; the Games Workshop originals from the 90's.  Stripped a bad old paint job from these.  They're not up to the painting standard I hold myself to when it comes to new minis (that I like the aesthetic of much better) but I think they're a very good tabletop.

48251257156_823f12cffc_z.jpgIMG_4233

48251324602_f0faed95c9_k.jpgIMG_4235

48251324092_92f87926b1_k.jpgIMG_4236

I, Dread, vow to complete a Thunderbolt heavy fighter on or before September 1.

20190710-220356.jpg

I got this a few years back and built it hoping for a flyer for the sisters, emblems and all. Sadly the haven't yet but I still hope for one, but until then, this is my counts as sisters sky patrol.

20190710-220413.jpg

Complete with 4 hell strike missiles.

335 points

As for the others, great job. The sisters look so uniform and that blade really makes that model look so much better. Keep it up guys.

Edited by Dread

The war pulpit model is awesome- if you have a penitent engine, I'd love to see a side by side for comparison. I may have an unexpected influx of cash soon, and I might just have to grab one of these. Great job.

Also, can't wait to see the Thunderbolt.

Damn I hope the new dex gives us a Lord of War and a Flier!

@ Jack Burton: Do you have the points' total for your 4th vow?

@ Dread: Now that's awesome! Good luck with it!

@ Studio Silvernale: is your vow done? not sure... :unsure.:

gallery_48988_15465_41.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE SIXTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE SEVENTH WEEKLY UPDATE

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Finally did some painting. Everyone is base coated and I have the red on 5/11 repentia, plus the red on the WGE mistress. One of my resin WGE repentia fell apart during the painting, so I think I'm going to add her to the list of models I'm painting in sub assemblies.

I will probably do more throughout the weekend, and hopefully post progress photos on Monday; the red by itself doesn't look great- I need to edge a second colour against it to clean it up, and it needs a wash to be able to see the details.

It feels good to have conquered my fear and actually started, but I am finding it every bit as difficult as I expected. Like I said, even in my prime, I was never a great painter, and my prime is behind me now. I think I'll need the desktop magnifying lamp to finish this vow. I expect my skills will come up- this was only my first day painting minis since 2010, and it was never going to be pretty. But it's going to be a journey, and I have so much to paint. This vow is just the first, and I tried to keep the model count low, but I have dozens of unpainted miniatures.

Hopefully I'll have time for one more vow before the end of ETL.

Alright Cap you twisted my arm so here's a 4th vow:

Raging Heroes Vanquishers, squad of ten (counting as full Celestians).

Raging Heroes Davidians, squad of 5 (counting as 5 Repentia, planning to add to 5 I already have to make a full squad)

Total points: 225.

Pic of partially assembled models:2140c0ad-d4e5-4fe7-be0b-a24f628e3b78-ori

Cap I would like to lodge a formal complaint: these models are easily as complex and difficult to paint as Primaris Marines, and Primaris Marines would give me more than double the points on the vow.  Just saying, dont get down on us so bad for our low point vows :)

Finally did some painting. Everyone is base coated and I have the red on 5/11 repentia, plus the red on the WGE mistress. One of my resin WGE repentia fell apart during the painting, so I think I'm going to add her to the list of models I'm painting in sub assemblies.

I will probably do more throughout the weekend, and hopefully post progress photos on Monday; the red by itself doesn't look great- I need to edge a second colour against it to clean it up, and it needs a wash to be able to see the details.

It feels good to have conquered my fear and actually started, but I am finding it every bit as difficult as I expected. Like I said, even in my prime, I was never a great painter, and my prime is behind me now. I think I'll need the desktop magnifying lamp to finish this vow. I expect my skills will come up- this was only my first day painting minis since 2010, and it was never going to be pretty. But it's going to be a journey, and I have so much to paint. This vow is just the first, and I tried to keep the model count low, but I have dozens of unpainted miniatures.

Hopefully I'll have time for one more vow before the end of ETL.

Great news! :tu: Painting begets painting - the High Lords have great expectations of you! 

Alright Cap you twisted my arm so here's a 4th vow:

Raging Heroes Vanquishers, squad of ten (counting as full Celestians).

Raging Heroes Davidians, squad of 5 (counting as 5 Repentia, planning to add to 5 I already have to make a full squad)

Total points: 225.

Pic of partially assembled models:

Hidden Content

2140c0ad-d4e5-4fe7-be0b-a24f628e3b78-ori

Cap I would like to lodge a formal complaint: these models are easily as complex and difficult to paint as Primaris Marines, and Primaris Marines would give me more than double the points on the vow.  Just saying, dont get down on us so bad for our low point vows :smile.:

Ha! So my vision about you re-vowing was correct! I HAVE THE GIFT! *rushes off to the stock exchange*

I know what you're saying... Usually such inconsistencies are ironed-out by the multitude of options you get in a Codex - an area that the SoBs are lagging atm. Fight the good fight man, the gloery of finishing all your vows is the same regardless of faction! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!