+++Adepta Sororitas Outpost+++

I like the birds....

I painted the birds...

If Games Workshop listed the cherubs holding the original St. Celestine model's cape, among her wargear- say, if the opposing player rolls a 1 for his Attack Roll, the cherubs distract Celestine's opponent and subject him to a -2 Attack penalty (to a minimum of 1) until the turn ends- I'd tolerate them, instead of burning with desire to replace the cherubs and the cape with angelic wings, so St. Celestine's model would look the way she did in her own paintings. If Games Workshop gave the birds an in-game purpose- say, she has a "manifestation of the God-Emperor's blessings" (psychic attack) that takes the form of a flock of birds flying forth to peck out her opponent's eyes, with the Assault 3, Range 12", S 3, AP -1 stats- I wouldn't dare describe them as "stupid" or "silly."

Though Games Workshop has since replaced the cherubs and the cape with the Gemini (who are NOT useless) and a set of wings (which look great)- it EPIC FAILed to give St. Celestine's birds an in-game purpose. The company will have to tolerate my justified insults upon their work.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

You know Bjorn, I agree with everything you said and more. I remember as I was painting them, why? So maybe it's the their way of giving us the bird, hahaha! Seriously tho, I think maybe something like the swooping hawk grenades, a unit you jump over gets attacked, maybe like the DE'S razor wing flock. Hmm?

Hey Gang. Have been painting, and still hopeful. But it is every bit as tough as I expected- my eyesight has deteriorated considerably since 2010, which was the last time I painted minis before this challenge. 

I have written 18 pages worth of campaign rules that are almost ready to go, and and used them to generate a map of 245 territories, but the painting... 

Anyway, I've had to mix all my skin tones with the cool side effect that there's some diversity in skin tone. Hoping to finish tomorrow, but that is a bit of a longshot- more likely Friday. Should squeak in just before the deadline though. My quality isn't going to be as good as a lot of what we've seen here- even at my peak I was never a great painter. I think these will be on par with previous work, it just takes more touch ups to get there.

Hey Gang. Have been painting, and still hopeful. But it is every bit as tough as I expected- my eyesight has deteriorated considerably since 2010, which was the last time I painted minis before this challenge. 

I have written 18 pages worth of campaign rules that are almost ready to go, and and used them to generate a map of 245 territories, but the painting... 

Anyway, I've had to mix all my skin tones with the cool side effect that there's some diversity in skin tone. Hoping to finish tomorrow, but that is a bit of a longshot- more likely Friday. Should squeak in just before the deadline though. My quality isn't going to be as good as a lot of what we've seen here- even at my peak I was never a great painter. I think these will be on par with previous work, it just takes more touch ups to get there.

Keep walking brother! If you and Aqui complete your vows, the SoB's will join the 100% completion rate club! :smile.:

Keep walking brother! If you and Aqui complete your vows, the SoB's will join the 100% completion rate club! :smile.:

That's really motivational. I think I'm gonna make it. I forced myself to try a bigger brush- which sounds counter intuitive, but rough blocking is helping me see detail. Most of tomorrow's work will be fine detail stuff. It seems to be going better.

Alright I'm glad to report that I didn't blow it on the last vow.  Luckily no emergencies came up and I had plenty of time to repaint my Jump Canoness Celestine here.  Vow #5 is complete, this ETL was fantastic, thanks to all of you who worked as well and gave feedback, and very special thanks to Cap Semper for the hours and hours he puts into ETL every year to make it the best event on the B&C!

IMG 4294[2]

IMG 4295[1]

IMG 4296[1]

IMG 4297[1]

Just tell me she's better than BEFORE the repainting :)

Most definitely nicer. I love the color on the wings. Congrats on the vow. Also I second the thanks to Cap. I've always enjoyed the ETL. Next year I will have a big bunch of vows, not sure which faction yet but will be BIG!

Waaaaaay better Jack, way better! And I know where those wings come from! ;) 

Congratulations for completing and giving the SoBs a solid 89% completion rate! Now it's up to Aqui and ThePentinetOne! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Painted away my daylight... So I'm figuring out how many lights I need to keep painting. Lots of progress so far though. Gonna be close, because I can't devote all day tomorrow; if I start first thing, I could get 4 hrs maybe. Still got a good 4 ahead of me if I get the lights figured out.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I wouldn't even have attempted this without ETL- I'd still be scratch building campaign themed scenery and writing campaign rules. This is a much more significant achievement than either of those things.

Pics tomorrow... For sure!

Great effort there ThePentinentOne! Now make sure you get those pics in on time - you're dangerously close to the deadline!

@ Jack Burton: This must be very old MicroArt Studio before they split up... 

Any news from Aqui? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Keep up the great work peeps. Let's see that 100%.

Wish I could have joined this year. If it known id get sick for a couple weeks and filled the down time painted 1000+pts of fortifications and terrain, id have joined in.

But I'm not a filthy witch psyker to be able to glean the future.

I have decided to throw in the towel again :(

Without going into things too much, I've had a lot of things happen that has meant I've had no time at all to paint anything until recently. Was going to spend all day yesterday on my vow. But whilst going down stairs, my left knee decides to give way and gave myself a small concussion, my back hurts, affected knee is the size of an elephants and both wrist have swollen up too. I can barely hold my phone to type this, much less hold a model and paint brush.

Seems like ETL is a cursed event for me. Apologies to everyone else who entered on behalf of Sisters, because the quality of work has been outstanding. Well done to you all.

I have decided to throw in the towel again :sad.:

Without going into things too much, I've had a lot of things happen that has meant I've had no time at all to paint anything until recently. Was going to spend all day yesterday on my vow. But whilst going down stairs, my left knee decides to give way and gave myself a small concussion, my back hurts, affected knee is the size of an elephants and both wrist have swollen up too. I can barely hold my phone to type this, much less hold a model and paint brush.

Seems like ETL is a cursed event for me. Apologies to everyone else who entered on behalf of Sisters, because the quality of work has been outstanding. Well done to you all.

Whaaaa.... What? Man, get well soon - this is very unlucky! You should really take care of the knee, these injuries can stick with you for a long time... 

OK, off to the Penitent Engine with you! :lol: