+++Adeptus Mechanicus Outpost+++

I, Magos Takatus, vow  to complete a Skorpius Dunerider and a Skorpius Disintegrator worth a total of 185 pts (correct me if I am wrong), on or before September 1st. Success will bring my Forge World eternal glory, and failure will doom me to wear the Oathbreaker badge until year end.

IMG 20190714 134256

So far after working on them today I have two Skorpius hulls constructed but the turrets, Skitarii and Data Tethers are being kept separate for the time being. Once the side gunners are assembled I will hopefully begin priming tomorrow.

@ Baron Sebas: This is amazing work sir! Congratulations for your quality and for the timely completion - much needed by the AdMech! 

@ Magos Takatus: Well, reinforcements have indeed arrived! good luck to you!

Now let's see some more first vows completed! Mars needs you! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Baron Sebas rise to the challenge of the Ex Tenebrae Lux. Lord Wyrmbane requested support, so the enginseers and forgemasters shall provide. I vow to complete my 2 Armiger Helverins (top weapon magnetised) and 2 Armiger Warglaives for 716 points before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_85622_15412_407743.jpg

@ Imperial Squishiness: Keep going mate, I understand Cawl is a very intricate and demanding model - you do that you can do anything! :tu:

@ Baron Sebas: Another big vow there! Good luck sir, can't wait to see them done!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Base and leg section more or less done now on the big fella.

bDKIpxN.jpg

lQ0cBTC.jpg

Just got a couple of elements I want to add to the base but can't until Cawl is on there/ready to mount. Just need to do some more blue highlights and the robes are done. Then I can crack on with the top half and the myriad of arms he has!

You have some vintage paints there! Nice work on Cawl, the faded leather of the book looks great.

Yep. And they're still good! Just recently run out of bolt gun metal. I use a vintage regal blue for the basecoat on my admech. I think Kantor blue is the current equivalent. Did try to do contrast on an Enginseer but I wasn't happy with it, so saving those for another project. Now I'm used to it, I prefer to stick to the wash and highlight method...

The book was dryad bark, agrax wash, then 50/50 dryad bark and vintage vermin fur, then a final layer of watered down vermin fur

I gave up on a lot of my bolter pot paints but the tall hex pots I own are still lasting fairly well. It's mainly the lids going brittle that ends their service from my experience. I think I have a copper paint very similar to the one in view on your photo. I did have Mithril Silver but I think that finally gave up a while back.

I use current paints when painting armies so I don't run out but I do like to use older paints on character models/projects where consistency is less of an issue. 

Leg section done on Cawl now bar a bit of glowy stuff, but I need to put some cables in place before I can do that. Wasn't happy with the original alaitoc blue highlights, so I made a glaze of 50 50 alaitoc blue and regal blue just to tone it down a bit in some areas. Think it's come out alright.

JVNZE4V.jpg

aztXHDo.jpg

Edited by ImperialSquishiness

Imperial Squishiness, this is a VERY promising Cawl you're making there... :yes: Excellent base too! 

Be aware everybody, the cut-off for Week 7 is later today...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Just a quick update, I've got delayed slightly with my Skorpius vehicles but now I've got a bit of progress to report. I've been experimenting a bit more with airbrushed highlights and I've tried to increase the contrast I've been willing to paint with masking tape and masking fluid. I spent a fair bit of the day painting up the gun servitor for the Disintegrator so I can assemble the turret. The two vehicles are starting to resemble the right silhouette but there's still a lot of painting to do.

IMG 20190720 180830

I also hope you like my carpet. It's lovely, right? :p

Just a quick update, I've got delayed slightly with my Skorpius vehicles but now I've got a bit of progress to report. I've been experimenting a bit more with airbrushed highlights and I've tried to increase the contrast I've been willing to paint with masking tape and masking fluid. I spent a fair bit of the day painting up the gun servitor for the Disintegrator so I can assemble the turret. The two vehicles are starting to resemble the right silhouette but there's still a lot of painting to do.

I also hope you like my carpet. It's lovely, right? :tongue.:

I really like how this turns out - both the exterior and the interior! :thumbsup: The floor in particular looks awesome (and so does the carpet!)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Oh, your Cawl is really coming together. The red robe lining looks really nice with the blue and the brass colour looks great, it's a colour I really struggle with personally.

I gave up on a lot of my bolter pot paints but the tall hex pots I own are still lasting fairly well. It's mainly the lids going brittle that ends their service from my experience. I think I have a copper paint very similar to the one in view on your photo. I did have Mithril Silver but I think that finally gave up a while back.

I use current paints when painting armies so I don't run out but I do like to use older paints on character models/projects where consistency is less of an issue. 

I don't usually quote myself but I've just realized just how 40k that post was. Saving my ancient and irreplaceable paints for my elite projects. I didn't make the connection at first.

Edited by Magos Takatus

The brass (if you're talking about the armour trim) is actually meant to be gold. It's Army Painter Greedy gold, washed with Nuln oil, highlighted with AP Bright Gold and then dry brushed in old mithril silver. The brass colour on the fingers/dendrites is Balthasar gold, Nuln wash and then old Dwarf bronze and mithril silver drybrush.

I don't tend to keep certain paints for certain projects, but I do find the old ones that are still good stay good. The newer paints seem to go off very quickly, which is why I've started to decant into dropper bottles.