+++Astra Militarum Outpost+++

bbc72a386f87c01abe548ff3c5ec741dd743c62a

Knight Preceptor / Canis Rex  is Done 
Infantry Squad 1 /3 is Done 
Hopefully I can roll through these  next two infantry squads  and start building another vow having not painted in six months  I feel like I got my stride back now. 

Kind of silent here guys... :whistling:

What you can hear is the sound of a thousand paintbrushes gripped in the sweaty paws of Imperial Guard Officers who are bitterly muttering about spending hours and hours on every 4 points worth of infantryman :wink:

Have to agree with Colonel Bindoff, what you hear is the sound of quiet productivity in the name of the Emperor!

My evidence for this is that I have completed another infantry squad, leaving just 1 more and 3 characters and my first vow will be completed :)

I have been reading the weekly updates and whilst the Guard is doing well, our average vow is quite low in comparison to other forums. If I can for my second vow I will try and do some big points intensive units.

In the mean time, lets all push for the burn and get some of those first vows completed :)

TMakvLy.jpg

@ Gilt_imp: A great second vow sir! However there has been a misunderstanding of the rules - let me clear this up: The units of other IFOR Forums must be equal or less to the number of units from your Forum of Preference (the Guard in your case) in each vow. I totally get you have misinterpreted this and it's a misunderstanding of the rules so I'll let it pass this time, just keep it in mind for future vowing. Truth is people have made a similar misinterpretation of the rules elsewhere too - so maybe next year I'll try to make it more clear... :smile.:

Thank you ,  They are inconsistent sometimes the models fit nice and snug ,sometimes they just  kinda sit in there but loosely 

Hidden Content

086df1c8f2e796dbca9487c88030eef09e7d62b1

worth the money though  

This is amazing work mate - really great! Got two questions for you: 1) Is that a completion? and 2) What's the points value? Gilt_imp has given two possible values but I need your own verdict on that. :wink:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Still had a infantry squad to finish up my first vow 

3d848f184f2c15770892f99e1d407189795099e8

That is completed now ,  it should come in at 578 points 

Infantry Squad 1  40 
Infantry Squad 2 44 
Infantry Squad 3 44 
Canis Rex  450 

So this bring us to the next step which will be Vow #2 from me 

We will Focus on House Blackwood this go round. 

I Lord Blackwood rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Astra Militarum by way of House Blackwoods Knights and vow to complete One Knight Gallant  One Armiger Warglaive and One Armiger Helverin  of total value 710 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Here is the picture of the  models to be painted the axe is simply going to be a fancy  reaper chainsword outside of narrative campaigns. 
( In those it is the heirloom weapon of house blackwood ) 

6dc758d3494402b84a6f579887476c415ffc2f48

@ Captain Semper: Sorry for the misunderstanding, but thank you! :thumbsup:

Wip update.

Jes1kDZh_o.jpg

The details on Skitarii figures are great but fairly time consuming to complete.

Anyway, keep painting Guardsmen, the half way line is in in sight now :wink:

One of the Great Things about ETL is that it galvanizes me to not just paint but to play. 
I  had a game against Deathguard today using all the infantry I had  painted for the event and one of the knights I painted for the event. 

c9a17537c01be7788b0f1b064c8cb6c1d379533b

9284759f3d99df33e30dce58a32d3a2e7c396d60

You know your guardsmen are brave when they are charging demon princes 

bf9ed565fba1031093fa22260c5fae5b8dd2e488

Vow 2 is complete 

391a66b8f7a4ab2f6042e0298bdf8ce1c65bae6c

Lets get back to the guard elements for the next  vow , Solar aux models are great but to fit them into a standard IG list sometimes you need to get creative 

I Lord Blackwood rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Astra Militarum and vow to complete One Unit of Bullgryns with brute shields and mauls  3 militarum tempestus command squads each with 3 plasma guns , one with a melta gun , one with a grenade launcher and the last with a vox caster  of total value 355 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

6b5816675c75d93602aad9d5e738a32e82f6c9e5

Congratulations on all the hard work so far everyone! Great to see some more completions :tu: I have been working away, the Imperial Guard contingent of my vow is finished :D Just the Sisters part to do now!

med_gallery_27469_9459_531322.jpg

I even took them to the table top (with some allies of course!) yesterday :happy.: