+++Astra Militarum Outpost+++

Cheers Mordian Glory - that's a good point and I should do a group shot with my entire vow :yes: I finished painting last night and so a decent photo in daylight would be better too :happy.:

I recently refound a box of Stormies and I do have an Artel W Enginseer somewhere I've been wanting to paint... and maybe a Psyker too? Not sure about that one. Anyway, I'll see if I can squeeze something in. I make no promises though as I'm re-doing the ground flooring of the house in August :pinch:

New vow or not I'll still be here cheering people on. Forwards to victory comrades - the challenge of a 100% ETL completion rate is a prize worth fighting for!

@ Mordian Glory: Excellent! The Mordians are here at last and more reinforcements are coming? The Guard at its best! Let's see those Ogryn conversions! 

@ Lord Blackwood: You really are a machine! Excellent work mate and that Krell is really coming up great! Keep going!

@ Arkansas: Well, you're not the only one to be mixed up with the deadline. But it's all for the best - now you can go again! :)

Good to see the momentum returning to the barracks! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

cee79f8be88446b977506248e5cb2cc7a74f65b7

This vow is complete 

I  need to figure out  what to do for my next vow though 

I have these models next in the que. 

78381a406bd60d260310df24dbb8633de095f32f

The 4 guys with  flamers can be a Militarum Tempestus Command Squad , but threes is no  direct equivalent of the Quad Mortars 

Fine work as always, you're really on a roll this ETL! The Quad Mortars could count as HWTs, but nowhere as a two model entry. Merging them would be the only way I think, so two Command Squads with a HWT and two flamers? Not sure what the best HWT weapon would be for them, mortars seem a bit lacklustre compared to those four barrels!

I got a few days with some time to paint so I will make a second Vow.

I, IronBars, vow to complete before or on the 1of september, 2 x armagedon basilik with hull mounted heavy flamer, 1 x hellhound with track guards and dozerblade and 1 chimera with multi laser, heavy flamer and track guards for a total of 463 points.

1019779_sm-.JPG

All will be reprimed and induced in the ryza guard regiments

Thank you all. They have some of the most annoying arms/powerlines/gun-hands I've worked with. The next squad is meltaguns and for some reason a line from Dune Messiah popped into my head as I started thinking about them: Stoneburners. I'm thinking to try the "stone army" painting technique on them for the armor and undersuits with the normal Tempestus helmets. One command squad of Kasrkin, one of Tempestus and then eventually matching troop squads for each. Though the Psian Jackal color scheme would be great opportunity to try black washes over metal....

Great to see progress here! You guys have a relatively low 1st vow completion rate, and although second or subsequent vows are always welcome, it's high time to see some first vows completions fast!

I  need to figure out  what to do for my next vow though 
The 4 guys with  flamers can be a Militarum Tempestus Command Squad , but threes is no  direct equivalent of the Quad Mortars 

Great work Blackwood - you have managed to keep your pace and delivered! Now though, you have reached your 5 vows limit - so anything vowed from now on, it'll be an out-of-competiton entry. That means that there is quite a lot of freedom as to what you may pledge (just about everything that is B&C legal) but it won't count towards the Guard's total. So just paint what you want, even if it is not a game-legal unit. ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Wip Update

Small and normal Knights are almost done.

Qe05XeUZ_o.jpg

Went from this

FnTx9TyR_o.jpg

To this, this week. Added few little bits of freehand as well.

5vTubnQS_o.jpg

The Armigers are coming along. Had some left-over paint mixed so started the body of the big knight as well.

Might actually get this vow done before Sept 1! Just :happy.:

@ Captain Semper

I hadn’t really picked out a House yet. Probably be a diy one. I really do like the look and sound of that Heresy one, Orhlacc, but as far as I’m aware FW never did any transfers for them. I do however have a few transfer bits of Gryphonicus so maybe they’ll find their way onto the figures instead as well as GW transfers.

Good luck Guard, time will start to run out rapidly now.

Vow 3 time. Sadly its gonna have to be a smallish one due to time constraints and what I need for an upcoming tournament.

I Mordian Glory, vow to raise a 2 squads of Mortars and a Lord Commissar for the 50th Mordian Rifles and the Imperial Guard on or before September 1st, 2019.

2x HWS with Mortars = 66pts

1x Lord Commissar with Bolter and Powersword = 35pts

Total points = 101pts

1 of the squads is made up of classic metal Mordian models, the other will be converted/restored plastic Cadians, which are in bad shape and need some serious TLC. 

lWO4tWs.jpg
ujohVv4.jpg
kyHusnf.jpg
Edited by Mordian Glory

Amazing work gilt_imp those Knights are coming along really well! :D And another vow for Mordian Glory - fantastic work on the Ogryns too. I've said it before but it's worth repeating that I absolutely love those caps. A small touch but extremely fitting, I can imagine the Ogryns being really pleased that they get their own hats too :laugh.:

If I can get some new super glue in time I am eyeing a small 2nd vow but I'm not gonna commit yet

Time is running out so better to vow small than fail :smile.:

Let's see some more updates comrades; a picture a day keeps the commissariat away pleased :wink:

That is what I thought too :) I also have ambitions to reach the 5 vow limit and so smaller vows makes sense, but on the flip side I am not going to rush my paint job to achieve that. I would be happy with 3 well done vows then 5 rushed ones.

Amazing work gilt_imp those Knights are coming along really well! :biggrin.: And another vow for Mordian Glory - fantastic work on the Ogryns too. I've said it before but it's worth repeating that I absolutely love those caps. A small touch but extremely fitting, I can imagine the Ogryns being really pleased that they get their own hats too :laugh.:

If I can get some new super glue in time I am eyeing a small 2nd vow but I'm not gonna commit yet

Thanks for the positive feedback! The caps were really easy to do and I think they make the base ogor models look quite different :D

Even if it is just one character, every small vow helps :)