+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

I, Putrid Choir, vow to finish the items below for ETL 2019 in the name of Father Nurgle. This is my first ETL and first post with BaC (though I've secretly been reading the forums as a non member for months). Just getting back into the hobby.

472pts total for this vow and we shall see how long it takes.

Daemon Prince of nurgle - hellforged sword - 156pts

Foetid bloat-Drone - Plaguespitters and plague probe - 158pts

Foetid bloat-Drone - Plaguespitters and plague probe - 158pts

gallery_162425_15505_916389.jpg

gallery_162425_15505_637228.jpg

Ok, please don't spam, and do not tell people what they should be painting. Nobody has the right to do that.

Please read Semper's note on the spirit of the ETL, railroading people with the competitive aspect is a great way to spoil the event and I'm sure we can agree the countless hours Semper puts in each year are worth respecting. Thanks in advance.

Alright, fine, I won't post anymore of those points. But I do want it on record that I have not, and have never told anyone what they should and shouldn't paint. I wrote clear 'unless...' disclaimers. Cultists are cool miniatures, so I totally understand and would absolutely recommend painting them. Hell, I painted 35 in my first ETL - because I was sure I could finish them.

I Kythnos rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete 2 Kyborgs of total value 230 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Edit: how do I input pics with my smartphone?

Edit 2:

gallery_43993_7905_259559.jpeg

Edited by Kythnos

What problems are you having with the upload exactly Kythnos? If it's saying "file size too big" send the pic through FB messenger or similar then upload that version.

Dragonlover

In regards to ETL advice, I found the following very helpful:

Some rock solid potential vows here peeps. Really good stuff. If we all stick to our guns and can nail some of these big vows, we should do really well.

IFFFFFFF we all stick to our guns.

Seems like a good time for my annual 'Don't bite off more than you can chew at the ETL' chat.

Every ETL, and I do mean EVERY ETL, there are zealous, well-meaning people who make huge big vows. I salute these brave souls, because I'm generally speaking not one of those people who can smash out that many Space Marines all at once. Some of these people will go on to smash their vows and create really amazing contributions to their armies and the board as well.

However. Some of those who vow big will fail. There will be people, as there have been in the past, who make huge promises that can't be delivered, and it's tragic to see those points deducted from the hard work everyone else has done over the three months of the ETL

For those who don't fully grasp the rules, the points total from every completed vow is added up to work out each subforum's total score. If AoD do well, we'll probably have somewhere in the region of 50k-60k completed points. But that's not where it ends. Oh no. Captain Semper is a wily soul. The points total of every vow that is made but not completed is then deducted from the subforum's completed score. If we complete 50k-60k worth of minis, but another 30k have been vowed but not finished, then our true, final score will be somewhere around half of what it should be.

[...]

Do you know what gets us points in the ETL? Completions. Not partials, not WIPs, just finished vows. If you have even an iota of an inkling that you might not finish your big vow, either because of life circumstances, or hobby fatique, or something more interesting coming along (I plan to put my Xbox in a cupboard for the duration of ETL), then make two smaller vows. Some points on the board are infinitely better than no points on the board. If someone doesn't finish a vow, we get nothing. If someone gets all but one marine painted in a 3,000 point vow, we get nothing.

Remember - A 35 point Rhino that gets finished is worth more to us than a 2,750 point Warlord Titan that doesn't. Vow smart, and make a plan for yourself to complete your big vow before you sign on the dotted line.

Please understand, this is not me telling anyone how to do their hobby, or live their lives, or pointing fingers at any previous year's participants. I honestly don't remember who it was that didn't make it to the finish line last year or in years prior, so I'm not calling anyone out by saying this. I just hate seeing the hard work that people do in the ETL cut down by that horrible reduction at the end of the ETL. Be a team player, and help prove to everyone once and for all that Heresy isn't dead, it's deadly.

Coming from StruManChu over in the AoD forum. Wise words indeed!

Edited by Darnok

What problems are you having with the upload exactly Kythnos? If it's saying "file size too big" send the pic through FB messenger or similar then upload that version.

Dragonlover

There actually is no button to input images, or to add the necessary tags. I might have to do this manually, I guess.

Yeah you can't just take a photo directly into a post, you have to upload it somewhere (such as the B&C Gallery) first. I think Semper put a guide up in the ETL rules on how to do it.

Dragonlover

All models are washed and lightly scrubbed with 90% rubbing alcohol and are sitting aside to dry. I'll get my airbrush and spray booth set back up tomorrow, and hopefully start priming then, or monday.

It's a start.

No pics, not much change from my initial post.

I, jkoczan42, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of Chaos and vow to complete:

1 Lord of Contagion with Plague Reaper (115 points)

1 Malignant Plaguecaster (110 points)

1 unit of 7x plague marines with two blight launchers, an icon of despair, and a champion armed with plasma pistol, plague sword, and powerfist (173 points)

1 Noxious Blight Bringer (55 points)

1 Foetid Bloat-Drone with 2x Plague Spitters (158 points)

Of a total value of 611 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eteranl glory and failure will dome me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. All glory to Papa Nurgle.

These are the initial, unprimed pictures of the start. There is indeed a seventh marine, but the champion's fly buddy hid him from view. Silly fly boy.

etlvow2

etlvow1

I, Surreal Cruelty, vow to complete the following muster for E Tenebrae Lux, bending their wills to the purpose of the Dark Gods.  Success will bring eternal glory, failure shall doom me as an oath breaker, and I shall wear the mark of shame.

1 Squad of 10 Chaos Marines (7 Bolter and Chainsword, 2 Plasma Guns, and Plasma Pistol) 157pts

47983214621_6a02263374_c.jpg20190514_215610 by SurrealCruelty, on Flickr

To be completed by September 1st, 2019.

Edited by Surreal Cruelty

Welcome aboard Sgt Blank, jkoczan42 and Surreal Cruelty! Some nice solid vows there!

So I just went on a quick scout of the other Outposts and I have no idea where we stand in terms of points, but we're certainly leading the pack on enthusiasm! Of course, it's early days yet and people may well be distracted by boring real life things like food shopping, but I've got a good feeling about this year.

Dragonlover

Call me a silly grognard, but I think it is way to early to judge any numbers. The first time this will make sense is on 1st of July, when ETL closes for further participants. Then we can make a meaningful roll call.

Right now all we have is tha gathering of a warp storm. A storm to swallow and crush them all...

Oh totally, for starters there's plenty of usernames that are conspicuous by their absence across the whole event.

Got the first coat of trim done on the first five guys yesterday. Bit of a shock painting trim that goes all the way around a leg!

Dragonlover

Well, there is no doubt that the CSMs are sure showing huge enthusiasm! Also a good mix of veterans and newcomers - especially people that appear to be joining the B&C to play along. Always makes me extra-happy! 

Welcome to all! :)

UPDATED TO  THIS POINT!

I, Atia, Lady of the Dark Rumour Tower rise to the challenge of the ETL 2019 and vows to finish the warriors of the Black Legion below before the 1st of September:

- Abaddon the Despoiler, Warmaster of Chaos

- Five Chaos Terminators

Champion with Combi Plasma and Power Sword,

One with Reaper Autocannon and Powerfist,

One with Combi Bolter and Power Axe,

One with Combi Bolter and Chainfist,

One with Combi Bolter and Powerfist

- Five Havocs

Champion with Icon of Vengeance, Meltagun and Chainsword,

Two with Missile Launchers,

One with Heavy Bolter,

One with Reaper Chaincannon

- Obliterator

- Obliterator

For a total of 824 points!

IlAFrPT.jpg

5NNUprh.jpg

From shame and shadow recast. In black and gold reborn.

I, Ascanius, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Black Legion, and vow to complete:
  • Abaddon
  • 1 unit of 7 Chaos Space Marines, comprising
    • 1 Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion with boltgun and Icon of Vengeance
    • 2 Chaos Space Marines with boltguns
    • 3 Chaos Space Marines with bolt pistols & chainswords
    • 1 Chaos Space Marine with missile launcher

of total value 356 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

47984628148_9e247c9d30_c.jpg
(click to enlarge)

Death to the False Emperor!

All glory to the Warmaster!
Edited by Ascanius