+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

I haven't forgotten you all guys, just need to finish up some touches to my vow. BA has a titan eh? I won't leave my BL brothers hanging for some support. This changes what I am vowing now. Adept Volt-87 has opened the depot and getting ready the fire support from the Iron Warriors, stay tuned... 

I Rednekkboss,  rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Realm of Chaos and vow to complete

1 Malignant Plaguecaster

1 Noxious Blightbringer

20 plaguemarines- 2 Champions with powerfist and plasma pistol, another with plasmagun

2 with plasmaguns

7 with bolters

2 with Flails of Contageon

2 with Mace of Corruption and Bubotic Axe

5 with Bubotic axe and plague knife

....of total value 705 points

......on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

And here they are in their current state...some bulit, most not....

ETL%2BNurgles.jpg

plaguebox.jpg

Hi Cap, just had a thought, as the etl progresses and the outposts get longer and longer would it be possible for you to add a link back to the entrants post of each thread when you do your updates? It would make navigation and checking of totals/progress a lot easier on mobile views of the site.

Just a suggestion, I know etl is a lot of work as it is, keep it up. :-)

@Captain Semper - I aim to join the ETL shortly (even though I currently have no paints lol), but i have a quick question. I want to pledge my new Khorne army that will contain  Berzerkers, Khârn etc. But I also wish to add bloodletters, will they count to my chaos pledge or would they have to go in the Daemons section? 

Sorry if this has been asked before, I havent had time to read everything 

From Iron cometh Strength

From Strength cometh Will

From Will cometh Faith

From Faith cometh Honor

From Honor cometh Iron

Iron Within, Iron Without

I, MegaVlot87 swear that I will have the following painted by September 1st 2019 ready for service in the name of the Lord of Iron-

gallery_154982_15357_271066.jpeg

Lord of War

Hellforged Falchion

Hellforged Falchion

Twin Heavy bolter

2 Quad Lascannon

Twin Volcano Cannon

Eternal Hunger

- 1,017 points

Elite

Hellforged Sicarian

Hellforged Sicarian

Twin Accelerator cannon

heavy bolter

Infernal Hunger

2 las cannon

- 210 points

Elite

Hellforged Sicarian

Hellforged Sicarian

Twin Accelerator cannon

heavy bolter

Infernal Hunger

2 las cannon

- 210 points

Elite

Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought

x2 Butcher Cannon

- 138 points

Elite

x2 Hellforged deathclaw

x2 ectoplasma Blaster

- 190 points

Elite

C-Beam Cannon

Twin Heavy Bolter

- 135 points

Total Points- 1,900 points

(latest CA 2018, IA: IFOC)

Hello Chaos team.

How's this for quick? ETL VII Completions so far:

Grotsmasha in Dark Angels has completed 3 Vows of single models totalling 222 pts, his first Vow took him 3 hours and 27 minutes to complete.

Ace Debonair in Aeldari has completed 1 Vow for 45 pts.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Machine God

Slow and steady wins the race my friend.

Actually, that's a good point in general: this is a marathon, not a sprint. Doesn't matter if you get five vows done with a month to spare, or one vow that squeaks in 20 minutes before the gates close. It's easy to get a bit caught up in the whirlwind (especially in more... zealous factions such as ourselves) but at the end of the day, win or lose, complete or not, if you got painted models out of it then you have won the ETL.

That said, if we don't at least finish higher than the Blood Angels this year I will be slightly grumpy for about a minute, so get cracking! :p

Dragonlover

Hello Chaos team.

How's this for quick? ETL VII Completions so far:

Grotsmasha in Dark Angels has completed 3 Vows of single models totalling 222 pts, his first Vow took him 3 hours and 27 minutes to complete.

Ace Debonair in Aeldari has completed 1 Vow for 45 pts.

Most impressive for sure! :thumbsup:

Grotsmasha is a machine though, and both cases are - while truly laudable - not something I would strive towards, or even call a good example. Why rush to something with almost three months of time still ahead of us? And why waste vows on such small units?

As mentioned above, and using a 40K rule as a metaphor: slow and purposeful crushs your foes! :devil:

OK, I suppose you didn’t mean it that way, but I need to say a few things just to make it absolutely clear:

People paint at different paces and have different pipelines (and miniatures’ stash). Furthermore we don’t know what RL obligations one might have during the ETL and what drives one to complete his/her vows early or late in the event. Also, how people want to utilize their vows is totally up to them: every vow is valuable and appreciated.

From what I gathered Grot (a veteran member of the Inner Circle and instrumental in the making this year’s ETL) never suggested that his way was preferable nor that he was setting an example. Not even that this was “his way” in general. He just felt like painting three minis fast in three separate vows.

Welcome MegaVolt, quite a vow you got there! :tu: Best of luck mate!

Now, do I sense fatigue in the Chaos camp? Things have slowed down somewhat in the last couple of days...

BTW, If you want your vow to make it in the first Weekly Update, you need to make it by Saturday! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Wonderful work and great enthusiasm so far, everyone! Let's go do this! :)

A small update for today, as I have finished the first part of my first vow: Here's the "Not-Hamadrya" for my Khornate take on Huron Blackheart:

counts-as-hamadrya-1.jpg

counts-as-hamadrya-4.jpg

More pictures can be found in my WIP thread.

Well, the CSM participation numbers rise about as fast as the DA ones over the last days - we are just so much more already, so in relation we grow "slower".

Painting makes daily progress on my end, and the next vow is WIP as far as building goes. So all is well for me.

How are others doing?

Question; the dog chewed up my Greater Possessed's leg, can I remove him from the vow? I'm gonna get a replacement, mind.

:rolleyes:

There is always a crazy event...

Here’s the deal: find a replacement first that should be very close in points terms and then we’ll do the substitution.

And DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT DOG! :P