+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Though show some progress

Spent past five hour today painting the Knight. Spent a little bit time yesterday getting the red base coat done & the weekend getting the metallic done.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1434287.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_691748.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1689637.jpg

That both unit of Thousand Sons now complete

med_gallery_13342_13449_731433.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_962385.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_574145.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1114066.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1105620.jpg

Current working on the 2x IW Maulerfiend & Heldrake** & hopeful get the Land Raider sorted. There for a friend, so if I can get them complete by the weekend. I be move onto the Black Legion models for another friend.
Also got 3x Rhinos & a Predator that be getting built during the weekend.

**Never painting a Heldrake again...

Semper - Remember the time I painted this model on the last day of the ETL 2015. Getting him painted in 3 hours from start to finish

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC00016_zpsngpsu3mm.jpg

Edited by Iron-Daemon Forge

See as a contrast, I've made more steady progress on my first vow, still plugging away step by step through my process. It's a safe bet I won't be rushing in 3 hour paint jobs for the deadline!

gallery_62155_11151_275510.jpg

I've set to the last bit one highlight on the metal areas, still got all the hoses and one arm to go on that front... Still got skulls, loincloth, teeth, gore and more to do... Just keep plugging away. Fun to paint though these new oblits.

Some great progress here!

Loving that Knight already, and the Thousand Sons are just works of art. :wub:

The Obliterator is coming along nicely as well, slow and steady progress pays off! :thumbsup:

As for myself: three Nurglingbases are done, for a whooping 54 points! My first painted models in the last two years though, so a small step in terms of points, but a huge leap back into the hobby for me!

As for myself: three Nurglingbases are done, for a whooping 54 points! My first painted models in the last two years though, so a small step in terms of points, but a huge leap back into the hobby for me!

And that is the key point of the etl. Well done in getting some of you stuff painted.

@ Preliminary Bombardment: Welcome onboard! I have put you don for 759pts - I assume that is correct? Let me know if otherwise and good luck! :thumbsup:

Semper - Remember the time I painted this model on the last day of the ETL 2015.  Getting him painted in 3 hours from start to finish

Do I? One of the most dramatic moments in ETL history! :laugh.: And an amazing result too! Btw the work you do on those Thousand Sons is fantastic - good to see you invest in a different Legion and with such spectacular results! :yes:

Vow complete!

5 chaos terminators

Hidden Content

48099575438_e1f229514e.jpg

48099629632_4aa024352e.jpg

1 Cypher

48099532966_8ff94b112d.jpg

and 1 Abaddon the Despoiler

48099532061_cbd849bc31.jpg

Congratulations! The first completion of a Chaos SM vow this year! These is a very spectacular result - armour effect rocks! I'm really impressed your work mate, and the bases too!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Congratulations on our first completion, obsidian quacker! :thumbsup:

Loving the AL terminators, is the blue done with Contrast? The Abaddon is also really well done, the different colour scheme suits him well. Could we get a sharp picture of Cypher (and maybe some more)?

P.S.: Are you going for another vow soon?

Edited by Darnok

I had no idea that I would be the first completion, oh well I think I've set an easily attainable bar!

Thank you all for the likes and comments. Unfortunately no contrast used for the blue armour, Iyanden yellow was used for the imperial fist bits though. It's Tamiya Metallic Blue paint

Sorry about the initial cypher picture, something about him really did not want to be photographed well. Without a lighting set up it was either overexposed, too dark or blurry.

@Darnok I've tried again quickly this morning and I hope that this comes across better. I'll take some of his back later and post them in the March of the fallen thread.

48101937538_151bac6297.jpg

I will make a subsequent vow in time, but I'll give myself a bit of a break whilst making preparations.

Uhh, I'm not too late, right?

I, AHorriblePerson, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Chaos Space Marines Forum and vow to complete

- 10 chaos space marines including two plasma guns and a chainaxe on the squad sergeant (153 points),

gallery_108437_14672_545398.jpg

- 1 chaos dreadnought (helbrute) with power scourge and plasma cannon (111 points),

gallery_108437_14672_649161.jpg

- 1 chaos lord with a power axe (98 points),
gallery_108437_14672_469421.jpg

adding up to a total value of 362 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Here goes nothing...

Though show some progress

Spent past five hour today painting the Knight.  Spent a little bit time yesterday getting the red base coat done & the weekend getting the metallic done.

That both unit of Thousand Sons now complete

Current working on the 2x IW Maulerfiend & Heldrake** & hopeful get the Land Raider sorted.  There for a friend, so if I can get them complete by the weekend.  I be move onto the Black Legion models for another friend.

Also got 3x Rhinos & a Predator that be getting built during the weekend.

**Never painting a Heldrake again...

Semper - Remember the time I painted this model on the last day of the ETL 2015.  Getting him painted in 3 hours from start to finish

IDF, your TS are wonderful! I would really love to see some close ups of them! Your speed and your quality are amazing :)

The knight looks fantastic, too. Simply superb!

@AhorriblePerson: I'm really looking farward to your vow! I love the old chaos dread and I enjoy your conversion work. 

It's great to see some vows getting finished! (cudos to obsidian quacker & RolandTHTG)

I have nothing new on my side but your progress motivates me! Keep up the good work, chaos!

I, EL_duderino, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Chaos Space Marines Forum and vow to complete 1 Dark Apostle and 1 Exalted Champion w/ Power sword, adding up to a total value of 174 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/261344-2fc5e768-a17d-48bd-a9ed-14071cf986f1

gallery_96975_14646_255606.jpeg

Edited by EL_duderino

Mhm, that Abaddon scheme makes me thinking .... 

Just in theory, would it be within the rules of the ETL to proxy Alpharius as Abaddon? Captain?

Everything is now primed. I can move my lamp and chair back to the workstation in my room. I have to airbrush in the workroom, at other end of the house.

Went ahead and primed everything while I was at it. There is some non-vow stuff here, I just took pictures all at once.

d17ZCbp.jpg

Awesome to see some completions - keep up the good work!

I'm making steady progress on my first vow but most of my effort has been going toward getting this built enough to paint:

http://i.imgur.com/0Tfhts7.jpg?1

Vow 2: Renegade Knight with Thunderstrike Gauntlet, Avenger Gatling Cannon, and heavy stubber - 411.

edit: forgot to add - the model isn't glued together yet - it's held together with poster tack for this picture - and will be posed differently once the subassemblies are painted up.

Edited by Sgt. Blank