+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Vow 1 complete. I had hoped to have it done before the weekly cut-off, but it was not to be.

MwbbCiC.jpg

What an awesome group shot! I was sceptical about your colour scheme at first, but it really works. Changing the colours for the trophy helmets to red was the right choice - it looks so much better!

In terms of gameplay: you have a Batallion now, and can play Apocalypse (among other things). :laugh.:

Vow 2 is a little one, just to keep my momentum going.

I, Freakshow668 rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete:

1 Chaos Lord with Jump-pack, lightning claw and plasma pistol.

5 Raptors with a champion with power-fist and combi-melta, 2 melta guns and an icon of wrath

5 Warp Talons.

For a total of 363 points on or before 1st September 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year-end.

K1LW9Rr.jpg

@Captain Semper - I see its the last week for sign ups ... I have not made a vow yet, but will be taking part. Do i need to make the vow to be counted as signed up?

I only ask because i go on holiday tonight for 2 weeks lol 

Yes, your first vow has to be made before the 1st of July. So get it in before leaving for the holidays. :thumbsup:

I haven't caught up on the thread yet, but checking in to say I've finally taken the risk and primed the models for my vow, despite the cold weather, by putting my spray box just outside a heated room on the balcony and spraying from inside. Fingers crossed I won't regret it . . .

That the Knight now complete for ETL. Inspired by Dies Irae from Storm of Iron & the Titans from the Bloodquest comic series (see below)

You can always find my army log here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336629-iron-warriors-5th-grand-company-chaos-space-wolves/

med_gallery_13342_13449_1011096.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_618263.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1450086.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_802072.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_932225.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_347114.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1745480.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_175738.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_109501.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_35179.jpg

Great to see the Legions marching on. For the glory of the Dark Gods!

Zeke, those Noise Marines look awesome. The conrast between the light pink and the dark metals works well, and using Primaris bodies as a base must make them look quite imposing among regular CSM. I would love to see them in a group/comparison shot!

MaliGn, that Obliterator just keeps getting better. There is not much left to do, is it?

Atia, excellent progress, I can't see them getting better with weathering though. Some close-ups would be nice - those pictures have an aweful lot of background for only a bit of miniature.

tremblant, those look great! The clean bone contrasts perfectly with the dark metals and diseased details, well done. Looking forward to your Mortarion!

Iron-Daemon Forge, you just ninja'd me while posting! Your Knight is just spectacular, I'm left speechless. :wub:

=====

Has anybody incorporated the latest news about Apocalypse in his (or her) ETL plans? We now have the Chaos Space Marines, Death Guard and Thousand Sons faction foci up, as well as all Apocalypse datasheets. I finished building my Lord of Skulls to be included in my second vow, how about you?

Edited by Darnok

Great to see the Legions marching on. For the glory of the Dark Gods!

Zeke, those Noise Marines look awesome. The conrast between the light pink and the dark metals works well, and using Primaris bodies as a base must make them look quite imposing among regular CSM. I would love to see them in a group/comparison shot!

MaliGn, that Obliterator just keeps getting better. There is not much left to do, is it?

Atia, excellent progress, I can't see them getting better with weathering though. Some close-ups would be nice - those pictures have an aweful lot of background for only a bit of miniature.

tremblant, those look great! The clean bone contrasts perfectly with the dark metals and diseased details, well done. Looking forward to your Mortarion!

Iron-Daemon Forge, you just ninja'd me while posting! Your Knight is just spectacular, I'm left speechless. :wub:

=====

Has anybody incorporated the latest news about Apocalypse in his (or her) ETL plans? We now have the Chaos Space Marines, Death Guard and Thousand Sons faction foci up, as well as all Apocalypse datasheets. I finished building my Lord of Skulls to be included in my second vow, how about you?

I reckon about another week or so depending on how often I pick up a brush...

There's some great stuff starting to come through here guys and it's really early doors (feels like this ETL is a bit longer than previous years?) So plenty of time for re-vowing - I know I'm planning to this year!

As they say, better late than never:

Daughters of the Lord of Excess, Heralds of Blissful Oblivion

I, Vel'Cona, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the gloriously heretical Chaos Space Marines, having been seduced by the whispers of the Lord of Excess.  I vow to complete a squad of 10 lovely Daemonettes of Slaanesh of total value 60 points on or before September 1st, 2019.  Success will bring eternal glory and the fleeting favour of the Prince of Pleasure, while failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker and bathe in a pool of Volupus Pink Contrast paint until year-end.  :teehee:

Some inspirational work here, brothers. Might try to pump out something before I leave Australia in late July in order to help the cause as well as minimize the amount of grey plastic I'll be taking with me to the states. :P

Great updates and some nice early finishers.

My work has been slow progress, taking a few nights a week to finish up the sculpting work. However I am happy now and started painting yesterday! So here are a few pics of the WIP.

gallery_9422_15501_56515.jpg

gallery_9422_15501_84299.jpg

And a little teaser of my next vow I have made in between.

gallery_9422_15501_9123.jpg

And my first lick of paint!

gallery_9422_15501_97419.jpg

Now its time for a holiday, next update will be a finished vow.

I Marit Watery rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Death Guard and vow to complete 1 Plagueburst Crawler of total value 110 + 2*20 + 6 = 156 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

before

I BitterSilence rise to challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the Side of  the Black Legion and vow to complete 2 Master of Possession and 20 Chaos Space Marines (Shadowspear setup) of total value 510 points on or before September 1st,2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

nqy-3-b62c.jpg

Well, I haven't worked as fast as I world like (traveling for work does that), but I have made some progress on my vow.  My maulerfiend is mostly done, and I have the colors blocked in on my rubrics and SOTs.  I hope to finish with this vow within the next week.  It's awesome seeing the finished projects coming out of here though, keep it up!

ETL VII WIP1

Mhm, that Abaddon scheme makes me thinking ....

Just in theory, would it be within the rules of the ETL to proxy Alpharius as Abaddon? Captain?

Yes you could. However, I expect to see an Abbadon in the end of the day - not an Alpharius. So we're not just talking an appropriate paint job but also the correct load-out... ;) Are you sure you want to go down that way? Alpharius is a fantastic model as is... :ermm:

Awesome to see some completions - keep up the good work!

I'm making steady progress on my first vow but most of my effort has been going toward getting this built enough to paint:

Vow 2: Renegade Knight with Thunderstrike Gauntlet, Avenger Gatling Cannon, and heavy stubber - 411.

edit: forgot to add - the model isn't glued together yet - it's held together with poster tack for this picture - and will be posed differently once the subassemblies are painted up.

Please note that you may not make another vow unless you declare your previous vow complete. You may never have two vows running in parallel. So I'm not registering this second vow at this point. Once you complete your current vow, by all means make another one (the one above or anything else you may want at that point).

@Captain Semper - I see its the last week for sign ups ... I have not made a vow yet, but will be taking part. Do i need to make the vow to be counted as signed up?

I only ask because i go on holiday tonight for 2 weeks lol

The sign-up period ends on July 1st @ 17:00 GMT. This is the last "full" week for recruitments and then there are a few days more. Your participation in the event is declared the minute you make your first vow. You may make your vow now and reserve the "before" pic from after you return form holidays. Just don't do any work on the minis until then.

That the Knight now complete for ETL. Inspired by Dies Irae from Storm of Iron & the Titans from the Bloodquest comic series (see below)

You can always find my army log here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336629-iron-warriors-5th-grand-company-chaos-space-wolves/

Hidden Content

med_gallery_13342_13449_1011096.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_618263.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1450086.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_802072.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_932225.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_347114.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1745480.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_175738.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_109501.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_35179.jpg

Spectacular work man! This is... wow... more please!

Also welcome to the new recruits and congratulations to those who completed their vows! I have updated the first page, but make sure your status is correctly depicted! :)

------------------------------

THIS IS THE LAST FULL WEEK OF RECRUITMENT - IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN DO SO FAST!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!