+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Wow! Quite a few additions here...

@ Freakshow: Great completion man! :tu: And the models of the follow-up vow? top notch! Keep going!

@ Obsidian Quacker: Looks very promising! The new Chaos minis rock! Good luck!

@ tdemayo: Welcome back! :woot: It's great to see old vets returning! :tu:

@ Bymis: Also welcome - this is great to see all the Chaos Lords answering the call at the nick of time! Awesome! 

@ Undivided Apostle: Welcome to the Eye! Good luck mate! 

@ Chaeron: You weren't in already? I was surprised - I thought you already had vowed... :huh.: Force of habit I assume! :lol:

@ Krakendoomcool: Good luck with those Pox Walkers - they have broken the best of you, so be prepared! :P

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Continuing my tradition of last-minute vows...

I Morovir rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete 1 Exalted Champion with power sword of total value 74 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success shall bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and failure shall doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ETL Before

Edited by Morovir

Progress.

The new Chaos Lord model is a joy to paint as it can be painted in pieces prior to assembly. Watching Robocop(1987) clips on youtube got me in the mood to paint, so I began by further youtube assistance from a Mix of Motley Crue and Dio.

Model was undercoated in Abaddon Black and Leadbelcher, then I set to the armour and detail. In my paints order I should have had a better look at the paints I had to get the AoS starter set as the 40K paint set had glue in it and GW wouldn't send it out to me via BFPO but it did send me the super glue.

There's no Green in the box so I had to make do as there is also no yellow. So I've got Nighthaunt Gloom which is blue'ish, Kantor Blue and Retributor Armour which is a sort of Gold colour. I needed a green for the power cables on the arms and chest. Nighthaunt Gloom and Retributor Armour didn't work so I added the Kantor to the mix and had a Green that works sort of. My power cables now look Nurgly when I really wanted a Necron dark green(I should have ordered Dark Angels Green)

I should get the model done by tomorrow night as I've just got the face, brass bits, cloak, assembly, Nuln Oil wash and base to do.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Machine God

For anyone painting Cultist, Poxwalker or planning a overall shade on there models. You should look into buy few spray bottle, put shade in & a bit water & medium.

med_gallery_13342_13449_173353.jpg

Edit: Land raider barely took a minatue to apply the shade to the whole model. None of the shade going to spill ether from the spray bottle.

med_gallery_13342_13449_107821.jpg

Ok, so I've bombarded you all with progress shots but I can now declare that my vow is complete!

1 Obliterator of the Word Bearers is ready to fight under Lorgar's banners.

gallery_62155_11151_123438.jpg

More shots and waffle will be in my plog shortly.

Edited by MaliGn

I MaliGn take on the challenge of the ETL once more in the name or Lorgar Aurelian! For the Glory of the Dark Gods and for the Chaos Space Marine Forum by pledging to paint a pair of thrice-cursed Greater Possessed for a points total of 140 by 1st September. Failure will render me a pitiful wretch at the mercy of the Empyrean.

gallery_62155_11151_44962.jpg

Update: No update. Took a few nights off to do something non-standard, painting and converting up my Roman inspired Dragonborn character for a DnD game played tonight. Tomorrow and Friday, I plan to finish my Exalted Sorceror, have all Models basecoated, and perhaps even finish the Rot, who isn't exactly a difficult model. After that, it's just Word Bearers.

Edited by Leonite