+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Well, Chaos is flexing its muscles - so far Week 7 has been a huge comeback for the Chaos Marines! Congratulations all, this is what is expected from the followers of the ruinous powers! 

New codex Wardog (160) with chain cleaver (0) thermal spear (0) and meltagun (14) is 174.

Lots of awesome stuff coming through, well done all. Ive got the basic basecoats done on my knight, should get a bit more done saturday but have an x wing tourney sunday so we shall how i go.

Thx, I'll go with that. Krautscientist, are you OK with that?

Now be aware that the cut-off for Week 7 will be later today...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Short report: vow 3 should be over by next weekend. I will go on with vow 4 including another Rhino APC and 10 Legionaires from the Night Lords Legion.

IF I am quick enough, I should be able to conclude with an Exalted Champion for my Black Legion.

Keep the pressure Brothers, ETL VII has to be ours!!

Death to the False Emperor's!

Celtic_Cauldron

We go again!

I, Krakendoomcool, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX vow to complete 1 squad of 7 Plague Marines (1 champ-boltgun+plaguesword, 2 blight launchers, 1 flail) for a total value 143 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

cd1f4f1d-3295-478a-aaa3-b4cd0ce3ace4.jpe

Good progress by everyone! I've had some delays but I'm clawing my way back into progress, so here's a quick update on my pair of greater possessed:

gallery_62155_11151_218159.jpg

gallery_62155_11151_278666.jpg

Loads still to do but I'm starting to get a feel for where they are going, not quite sure what effect to go for on the bigger claws, so I'm open to suggestions.

@ Krakendoomcool: Good luck with your new vow! :tu:

@ I am Forsaken: I think the  white works quite well... :huh.: The whole project looks quite promising!

@ MaliGn: The bottom dude's claw looks perfect as is... The top guy is difficult to tell due to the pose, but if it's the same effect, it works well - in my eyes at least...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

There is some seriously nice work going on in here. On my end I'm slowly chugging through, I carried out some preliminary tests on the oblits but then moved onto to helldrake.

med_gallery_88567_11401_62133.jpg

I'll be covering my painting method on my plog (mostly so I can go back in the future and remind myself how I did it) and I'm moving onto the arms and wings with the underside well on the way.

A second vow is probably unlikely though as I'm just not as focused on painting this year as I was last.

I, Arakos The Corruptor, hereby pledge one Knight Desecrator armed with a Reaper Chainsword, Laser Destructor and Heavy Stubber for 417 Points, to be completed before the First of September. Failure will consign me to shame, darkness and the Badge of the Oathbreaker, while success shall bring glory to the Dark Gods and the favour of Lord Abaddon.

Vow 3   Unpainted

Death to the False Emperor!

Edited by Arakos The Corruptor

I never did get the WIP picture uploaded, but I did get all 89 horrors finished!

ETL VII Vow 2 Complete

Vow 2 is complete!

Vow 3 will be ready to start in a couple of hours (I need to find the models I want to get painted) right now!

I, Dasanaman017, rise again to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of Chaos and vow to complete:

• An Exalted Sorcerer w/ Force Stave, Power Sword, and Inferno Bolt Pistol for 124 points,
  • An Exalted Sorcerer on Disc w/ Force Stave and Inferno Bolt Pistol for 140 points,
  • 2 Tzaangor Shaman w/ Force Staves for 90 points each,
  • 2 Chaos Spawn for 25 points each, and
  • 3 Screamers for 28 points each,

of total value 578 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of Magnus and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ETL VII Vow 3 Before

Edited by Dasanaman017

Maybe a bit risky considering my pace but what the hell...I, Isengrin, vow to complete this thing seen below for ETL before the end of August.

Now I need some help from you guys, because I've played my last game two years ago and don't have the current codex or whatever would be needed. So, beyond the two butcher cannons, I have no idea what this dread is exactly, maybe a deredeo or something? What's feasible or valid? I'll edit the post and add the points cost when it's cleared up. Thanks!

+++EDIT+++

It's a hellforged contemptor with two butcher cannons and a havoc launcher for 144 points.

gallery_92971_12020_5129.jpg

Edited by Isengrin

I would say either a Decimator or a Contemptor Dreadnought, both being relevant in terms of dimension and weapons (two Butcher cannons).

I will check the costs for them tomorrow. Maybe other Brothers may have a more accurate opinion.

Celtic_Cauldron

Contemptor dreadnought with twin butcher cannons and Havoc launcher is 144 pts. Should work perfect for that model. 

Decimator with twin butcher cannons comes out to 140 pts, but has no upgrade to represent the top missiles. 

Both the Leviathan and Deredeo dreadnoughts have additional torso guns that your model doesn't have. 

Edited by RolandTHTG

Great work, everyone! I came back from vacation and upon arriving I put some hours into my creation last weekend, And I am happy to announce!

That I have finally managed to complete my first vow: My Khorne deamonkin Defiler

Behold.

gallery_9422_15501_14825.jpg

gallery_9422_15501_98169.jpg

gallery_9422_15501_122070.jpg

gallery_9422_15501_19958.jpg

This model was quite the trip, I had this idea in my head for years and finally ordered the bits and got to work. I really like the end result and I will be using it in a lot of my future battles, and it makes another stunning center piece in my old force.

Right now I am contemplating on what to vow next. This guy took some time so I think it will be wise to keep it small to be sure I can finish. 3 characters.....

The first of many tributes to the Dark Prince!  (Vow 1 Complete :biggrin.:)

Vow 1 COMPLETE

And now, to continue to curry favour with the Lord of Excess:

I, Vel'Cona, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the gloriously heretical Chaos Space Marines, having been seduced by the whispers of the Lord of Excess.  I vow to complete a second squad of 10 lovely Daemonettes of Slaanesh of total value 60 points, as well as a squad of 5 sound-drunken Noise Marines of total value 112 points on or before September 1st, 2019.  Success will bring eternal glory and the fleeting favour of the Prince of Pleasure, while failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker and bathe in a pool of Volupus Pink Contrast paint until year-end.

Vow 2 Daemonettes

Vow 2 Noise Marines

@ Isengrin: I was initially tempted to say that your model is too big for a Contemptor, but then I remembered everything in your army's truescaled -- so Contemptor sounds about right, after all. Seeing that fantastic conversion painted will be such a treat! :)

@ Scion: Mate, that Brass Scorpion wins the internet today! I wouldn't have expected the tired old "Brass Scorpion from Defiler" recipe to wield any cool results anymore, least of all results as spectacular as this. Brilliant work!