+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Here they are my ETL VII vow 1 is complete!

First time i've joined in and completed i'm going to get vow two ready now :smile.:

Havoc Vow 1 Complete

Havoc Champion Rear

Havoc Champion Fromt

Havoc Champion Face

I'm really terrible at faces and since i'm suffering more and more with carpel tunnel i don't think that is going to change anytime soon.

I've really enjoyed painting these Chosen of Nemeroth and looking forward to completing the rest of the tale of four warlords we're running on the blog!

https://paintinginthedark.blog/2019/07/20/tale-of-four-warlords-week-1-progress/

I Warbringer one again rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and confess I have fallen from the false emperors light. I have remade my armour and am recast in black and gold I join the Dark Gods and pledge on the side of the Chaos. I vow to complete the units listed below for the total value of 261  points on of before September 1st 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end.

Chaos Sorcerer - 100pts

Chaos Space Marines - 161pts

- Aspiring Champion - Plasma Pistol & Power Axe

- 7 Marines

- Marine with Plasma Gun

- Marine with Autocannon

EDIT

Forgot the picture.

Img 2407

Edited by Warbringer

A lot of activity here everyone, this looks like CSMs are gaining momentum! :yes:

@ Isengrin: I'm putting you down for 140pts. If I have this wrong, let me know! 

@ Scion: :wacko.: Are you sure this Scorpion is only 158pts? Damn man, this is humongous! Congratulations!!!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Isengrin: I was initially tempted to say that your model is too big for a Contemptor, but then I remembered everything in your army's truescaled -- so Contemptor sounds about right, after all. Seeing that fantastic conversion painted will be such a treat! :smile.:

@ Scion: Mate, that Brass Scorpion wins the internet today! I wouldn't have expected the tired old "Brass Scorpion from Defiler" recipe to wield any cool results anymore, least of all results as spectacular as this. Brilliant work!

Thanks buddy! Yeah no matter what kind of dread it would be, it needed a size upgrade so that it doesn't look out of place next to my terminators for example. :sweat:

A lot of activity here everyone, this looks like CSMs are gaining momentum! :yes:

@ Isengrin: I'm putting you down for 140pts. If I have this wrong, let me know! 

@ Scion: :wacko.: Are you sure this Scorpion is only 158pts? Damn man, this is humongous! Congratulations!!!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I checked the points in battlescribe and it's 144. :smile.:

Brothers,

Following Semper's latest weekly update I have done some computations just to figure out what is our situation.

If not mistaken, we are 73 Warlords among the Chaos Space Marine Forum. As of now, 45 out of 73 among us have not achieved yet to complete their first vow for a total of 32116 points. As you all know, ETL is usually won not only because of points but also because the winning faction managed to achieve a higher completion rate, especially on first vows.

What I mean is that we need to increase this bloody rate on first vows with only one month and something to go left.

Therefore we need to mobilize ourselves to support and encourage our Brothers in their current effort while inspiring each other. The Chaos Faction has won many editions in the past not only because we are a bunch of crazy people but also due to our capability to behave as a team. Let's use that recipe once again.

We have the numbers, the crazyness, the best faction and some cookies. Let's start dancing once again and give the Gods and the Warmaster what they want from us!!!!

Death to the False Emperor!!

Celtic_Cauldron

I've been largely absent from the forum since the first week or two of ETL but I haven't forgotten about my vow, small as it is.

I'm 90% done with the Despoiler:

48356438692_91365c88d8.jpg

One of the squad of seven is complete and I intend to finish off the rest before the end of July.

Brothers,

Following Semper's latest weekly update I have done some computations just to figure out what is our situation.

If not mistaken, we are 73 Warlords among the Chaos Space Marine Forum. As of now, 45 out of 73 among us have not achieved yet to complete their first vow for a total of 32116 points. As you all know, ETL is usually won not only because of points but also because the winning faction managed to achieve a higher completion rate, especially on first vows.

What I mean is that we need to increase this bloody rate on first vows with only one month and something to go left.

Therefore we need to mobilize ourselves to support and encourage our Brothers in their current effort while inspiring each other. The Chaos Faction has won many editions in the past not only because we are a bunch of crazy people but also due to our capability to behave as a team. Let's use that recipe once again.

We have the numbers, the crazyness, the best faction and some cookies. Let's start dancing once again and give the Gods and the Warmaster what they want from us!!!!

Celtic_Cauldron

Back from my vacation and waiting for my paints to arrive. The Stonebreakers will not fail the chaos warhost! Edited by Kythnos

Getting there.

Was pretty unwell yesterday due to the humid weather & how heat effect me. Also meant I didn't want to risk undercoat or varnish models.

But here how my two Iron Warriors Rhinos are looking. It meant to be a bit cooler on Friday & the weekend, so get the RHinos complete during then & with the finial bit of detail.

med_gallery_13342_13449_135963.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_952179.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_749212.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1687585.jpg

Black Legion side of thing are built. They will get undercoated on Thursday & metallic done. The deadline now been push a bit further back. They where meant for a event on the 17th of August, but my friend no longer going to this. So for ETL reason they get the gold, black, boltgun/silver metallic & base done. So I can move onto other vows more than anything else. Allow me to go back to them that a later week just add other detail & not rush them.

med_gallery_13342_13449_928201.jpg

I should have the other Iron Warriors models complete by Sunday. There for another friend, where meant to be complete back in May but I had a horrible virus from April to June & delayed so many things. So should have the below & the Land Raider all complete by then

med_gallery_13342_13449_51773.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_451341.jpg

As it stand

Got Friday off, so I'm going to get the Thousand Sons Rhinos built during the day. It just to add the spike & trophy. Get them quickly undercoated & possible spray paint the blue armour plate if time permit other wise that get done during the weekend.

Monday I'm going to mail order the Predators. I got a few days off from Friday 2nd August up to Monday. So Sunday & Monday pretty much about painting them.

World Eater Biker are built, I just need to sort out there base & get a few part convert them. If possible, I'd like to get them ready for painting next week.

I also get the Fallen Lost & Cypher sorted pretty soon.

Pretty much next week should see vow 1 complete. Then I have more vows planned. In fact currently built a few just have ready

med_gallery_13342_13449_962197.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_210569.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_533195.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_905429.jpg

So there another twelve models that be join this lot. It to bring my current three new IW squads up to ten models each. Also got the new Chaos Knight, Armiger & a Jump Pack IW lord that are needed for the event on the 17th.

Wow, there's been a lot of activity on here. It's good to see vows getting completed and at such a good standard too.

I'm determined to get vow 2 completed this week (only 7 bases left to go) and I have an idea of what I'm going to vow in number 3.

I've tried my hand at an ice base for the first time. Let me know what you guys think as it's something I my try more of. Plus I have a load of resin left to use!!

gallery_141590_15405_653642.jpg

Still a bit to complete but it's nearly there and this is how it looks with the crawler.

gallery_141590_15405_326588.jpg

Brothers,

Celtic_Cauldron

Do not worry brother, I was already on a timeframe, so expect mine done within a week.

Yeah I am feeling a bit behind on my timetable, I technically should be finishing my 2nd contemptor, but still stuck on the first one. gotta get the lead out. I blame Valve and Microsoft's recent sales for my dereliction of duty to Perturabo. Also easier to pick up the Vidya than the paintbrush while I was ill on my downtime. :rolleyes:

Sigh, everyone is painting so quickly while I have barely started on my termies yet... 2/5 done...

...and I was aiming to finish several vows this year too! :( I'll be glad if I can squeeze in some fallen and a spawn after this...

gallery_61265_13297_29574.jpg

Some excellent progress here, keep it coming my fellow traitor brethren!

My depression has kicked in over the last weeks, so hile I still get some painting done each day, it is moving forward pretty slowly. I will get my second vow done, but I doubt there will be time left for a third.

This is also the reason for not being more active in here. The odd Like here and there has to do for the time being.

Contrast paint?

Zandri dust spray drybrushed up with layers of progressively lighter ushabti bone + white mixes, then contrast skeleton horde over the top. If I was to do it again I'd probably dilute the contrast with medium so it just blends it all together without darkening it as much as it has.

Metal is just boltgun drybrushed over black and washed with nuln oil.

edit: me no can spell english today....

Edited by I Am Forsaken

OK guys, just a heads-up: the Completion rate of the Chaos faction is only 23% and the CSMs Forum is 24%. That is the lowest in the ETL at this stage. You have tremendous resources but you do not seem to utilise them... Keep in mind that we are well past the mid-point of the event now, so the clock is ticking!

Hopefully we'll see some completions before the Week 8 update...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Right, time to get painting then! Focus, Excessus, focus! 

No time for work or sleep to get in the way, it's time to bring this baby home! 

Are y'all with me? 

If I can do it you can do it! :D 

Great work, everyone! I came back from vacation and upon arriving I put some hours into my creation last weekend, And I am happy to announce!

That I have finally managed to complete my first vow: My Khorne deamonkin Defiler

Behold.

gallery_9422_15501_14825.jpg

gallery_9422_15501_98169.jpg

gallery_9422_15501_122070.jpg

gallery_9422_15501_19958.jpg

This model was quite the trip, I had this idea in my head for years and finally ordered the bits and got to work. I really like the end result and I will be using it in a lot of my future battles, and it makes another stunning center piece in my old force.

Right now I am contemplating on what to vow next. This guy took some time so I think it will be wise to keep it small to be sure I can finish. 3 characters.....

Go my minion, sting them in the name of all that is chaos!