+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Hey Darnok. I hope you start feeling better soon and don't worry about setting more vows or your painting speed. Your health comes first!

As you've said before, hopefully you doing little bits a day will help you get through it! Plus your second vow is pretty big so getting through that will be an achievement!

I've managed to complete vow 2. Here is a group shot and some close ups. Don't know about anyone else but I think wolves look better in red!

Vow 3 will be declared shortly.

gallery_141590_15405_1064524.jpg

gallery_141590_15405_1159074.jpg

gallery_141590_15405_361886.jpg

gallery_141590_15405_65352.jpg

gallery_141590_15405_448493.jpg

gallery_141590_15405_477172.jpg

gallery_141590_15405_557904.jpg

Got some good progress on the termies yesterday, I'll be priming the rest of the vow this evening. :D

I'm afraid of priming atm as it is nearly 38°C already here. Need to prime one more Exalted Sorcerer and 3 Scarab Occult still. Were and how are you priming? I guess it should be similarly hot in Sweden.

@Rednekkboss: I love your work! Some of the grittiest and filthiest Nurglers out there (with fantastic conversions AND self sculpted miniatures).

Edited by Aasfresser

Nice work guys! Good thing I primed my latest vow before the current heat wave. :sweat: I'm almost done with painting armour plates and skin on my dread and have begun blocking in the rest, so it's proceeding at a good speed. But it seems to me that we're still missing a few of our heavy hitters with vows above 1000 points.

When I said I was 90% done with the Despoiler, I didn't realise I'd be repainting all the gold to give it drybrush highlights rather than my crappy edge highlighting . . .

I also tried to give him the "gaze burning with psychic gold" that Iskandar Khayon describes in The Talon of Horus.

Still very much WIP but I'm happy with it.

67403097_2126339767476136_91200537595761

Edited by Ascanius

I Dwango rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine Forum and vow to complete

Master of Possession equipped with force stave and holstered bolt pistol - 90

2 Obliterators equipped with fleshmetal guns and crushing fists - 230

1 hellbrute with twin lascannon and fist - 100

5 fallen with boltguns.- 70

of total value 490 points

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_141590_15405_1438762.jpg

Edited by Dwango

@ KrautScientist: Thanks for the kind words, coming from you means a lot to me, I have been following your army for years already. And indeed the Defiler to brass scorpion is as old as the defiler kit itself and I wanted to do it justice. Although as I said in my initial vow, I blatantly stole this concept from someone else online, but tried to give my own flair to it.

@Captain Semper: Defilers are dirt cheap these days, they suffer in game from their size though. You cannot hide this model anywhere, not that is the Khorne way anyways.

@noigrim: :teehee: Someone at my local club has the forgeworld brass scorpion so we are going to have a Scorpion show down soon!

So time to go at it again!!

I Scion rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos space marines and vow to complete 1 Master of Executions, 2 Greater Possessed, and 1 Chaos spawn with a total value of 235 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I made all these models while I was working on my scorpion and will need them for a game soon, so why not enter them. And a classic chaos spawn for the pageant!

Master of Executions

gallery_9422_15501_36295.jpg

Greater Possessed

gallery_9422_15501_56628.jpg

gallery_9422_15501_107378.jpg

And scyla Anfingrimm the named Khornate spawn

gallery_9422_15501_105253.jpg

Edited by Scion

plGMFin04.jpg

These are looking fantastic! Rednekkboss.

My face is so red. I’ve used that exact same mutant head on the same body as you. I was saving it for a cultist leader, then decided to use it for a power fist plague marine champ, but when I held it next to the guy standing with the bolter it seemed like a perfect fit. I wonder if it was in my subconscious.

Brothers! The Demonforges have been burning hot, despite agents of the False Emperor sabotaging my efforts towards our rightful vengeance!

Behold the demon known as Esmerelda, bound within the shell of a Maulerfiend:

XCukwfQ.jpg

EDIT: The sabotage was Esmerelda jumping off a shelf and discovering she is not a Helldrake....

Edited by Kleomenes

Great activity here guys! :tu: 

@ Prot: What a monster! Can't wait to see it done to your very high standard! 

@ Scion: Interesting green stuff work there! ;) Let's see how it plays out! 

@ Kleomenes: The moment you find out you can't fly... we all had it. :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Dwango rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine Forum and vow to complete

Master of Possession equipped with force stave and holstered bolt pistol - 90

2 Obliterators equipped with fleshmetal guns and crushing fists - 230

1 hellbrute with twin lascannon and fist - 100

5 fallen with boltguns.- 70

of total value 490 points

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

@DwangoI think you are out by 100 pts there for the Obliterators. The Codex: Chaos Space Marines V2 lists them at 65 pts each excluding wargear and their wargear being fleshmetal guns and crushing fists have a combined pts cost of zero, so unless I'm mistaken your Obliterators total 130 pts.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Machine God

@Dwango - I think you are out by 100 pts there for the Obliterators. The Codex: Chaos Space Marines V2 lists them at 65 pts each excluding wargear and their wargear being fleshmetal guns and crushing fists have a combined pts cost of zero, so unless I'm mistaken your Obliterators total 130 pts.

Edit: Typo.

That's the incorrect price, they're 115p a piece.

Just looked at the Dex and they are 65p. Cheers for noticing. If I remember they were 115 in shadowspear and that's where I must have saved it from on my phone. I used that for my vow.

Sorry Captain Semper as it will create more work for you! I'll change my original post.

Arrgh, this is not the place to drag this zombie of a discussion into the light again. :down:

Obliterators are 115 points per model. The 65 points in the 2.0 codex are a Copy/Paste error.

Edited by Darnok