+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Crisis avoided, my fiancee has Blood for the Blood God, I can finish my vow the way I intended it. Gutted my last pot of Chestnut inks a gonner though. :'(

Gah, just missed the weekly update... again!!!

Still, I guess it's a start on next week's total... VOW 2 COMPLETE!!!

uJ1wQZE.jpg

Edit: I think that may be it from me, I do have a squad of 5 basic CSM built but given my lack of speed I'd be concerned about not finishing within the month and wiping the first 2 vows out?

Gah, just missed the weekly update... again!!!

Still, I guess it's a start on next week's total... VOW 2 COMPLETE!!!

uJ1wQZE.jpg

Edit: I think that may be it from me, I do have a squad of 5 basic CSM built but given my lack of speed I'd be concerned about not finishing within the month and wiping the first 2 vows out?

Play it save is my advice. The dark gods may not like that, but they will like failure even less. And who would want to end up as a chaos spawn?

You are the one person who knows you best. If you have serious concerns about finishing a third vow: don't do it. Playing it safe is no shame at all, quite the contrary. Maybe you have something smaller, a character or a Chas Spawn? Something you might be confident getting done.

Either way, you have achieved progress and offered great gifts to the Dark Gods as it is. Be proud! :thumbsup:

Since Grandfather Nurgle saw fit to bless me this weekend it must be a sign for my next vow.

I, Akylas, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to bring glory to Chaos and the Architect of Fate (and Papa Nurgle) by painting the following before September 1st, 2019:

A 5 man squad of plague marines. Plaguesword and plasma pistol on the champ, 1 flail of corruption, 1 great plague cleaner, 1 bubonic axe and mace of contagion combo, and 1 last marine with bubonic axe and plague knife. 145 pts.

2 Oblierators. 230 pts.

For a total of 375 pts. Success will bring glory to the dark gods. Failure will bring the badge of the oathbreaker and probable spawnhood.

Edit: Before pictures

gallery_62370_15731_122383.jpg

gallery_62370_15731_45008.jpg

Edited by Akylas

Here is my official unofficial first vow. I have a really cool idea for the tails of the disco lords so I am excited to paint them even if the trim might take the whole month 0.0

2 Disco Lords: 360 pts

3 Bikers 1 Power Axe, 2 Melta, veng Icon: 103

3 Bikers 2 Flamer, veng Icon: 82

Total: 545...not that it counts.

67693368_10157853739584467_8159630004821

Progress post

Been pretty busy over the past while. It also not help that it been pretty humid here for the past few weeks which hasn't help me out. I don't have tolerance for the heat as it often cause headache & nose bleeds, as well as general just not having any energy. So I general hate summer time & hate place have the heating up way to high.

Anyway I'm nearly there with vow 1. Taken yesterday off, but also trying to stop a headache from happing. I was going to take today off but was a bit worry after yesterday. I'm now planning on taken Sunday off, this is planned for painting.

Thousand Sons Rhinos. I use the old GW spray gun to base coat them along with the Predators. So all goes plan that happen on Friday. While they will be part painting on Sunday. For ETL reason I might need to leave the transfer & weather for a later date as I'd like to push forward with another vow on few other models.

Also allow me sort that out later time when my army would all be that the same stage for sort out finial details.

med_gallery_13342_13449_997295.jpg

Semper a Lord of the Fallen Angels. Aim Friday night to get the model painted.

med_gallery_13342_13449_111371.jpg

The Black Legion I'm painting for a friend. For ETL reason they will just be standard again so I can move on. It also allow me time to get the rest of there army when I get the models, get them all up to a same stage, then move on to the other details & also allow me get some idea for my own Black Legion when I start them later on.

med_gallery_13342_13449_157320.jpg

Just started building the Thousand Sons Predators today. The side weapon & Turret will get glue tomorrow during my lunch break. Again they will get painted on Sunday.

med_gallery_13342_13449_101466.jpg

Exalted Sorcerer. I just need to get a Thousand Sons shoulder pad. Other wise just few other part to add & again he will be part of the painting for Sunday.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1058027.jpg

I've got a second Exalted Sorcerer to still buy, so hopeful get this done on Friday. I also have World Eater Biker, I should hopeful have them built up tomorrow. I also need to try get a few pack green stuff as well.

I'm really hoping have the vows all complete by Sunday to Monday. Then I be putting a second vow, some of the models will be needed for a local event that happen pretty soon.

OK, there is activity, that's for sure - hopefully the first vows completion rate will be increasing soon - that's the weakest point right now. But:

I think it's about time we started contacting some of the less... present vowers, what do you guys think?

That's a "NO". :wink:

You may use the official ETL threads to try to motivate people or you may even start your own motivational thread if you want, but going to other people's blogs or PMing them can be construed as harassment. We have to respect people's privacy and not make them feel uncomfortable if they fail a vow. The ETL is, after all, supposed to be light-hearted fun. 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

On holiday this week camping but I did bring some bits.

The Heldrake wings now have Black Templar on all panels so tonight will be tidying up the trim and starting the black highlights and scratches.

With the wings done that will just leave the claws and head.

I have the two Obliterators with me and will move them on.

Plan is to have these three done and dusted early next week and move onto the marines for the last two weeks.

Slowly bot steadily I make my way through the Garden of Great Nurgle, nuturing this wretched thing:

gallery_66914_8104_381034.jpg

There are more pics on my blog ( so do go there, nutch, nutch).

And I do aim to finish my vow in time !!! ( do remind me if I Forget Things like Posting WIP in the main thread… would bea shame to forfeit this one due to a technicality)

Slow but steady - just like the Long War :whistling:

Howdy Guys and Girls :smile.:

Big update today - Abaddon is 95% finished - just need to finish his base! Hope you like!

Ezekyle Abaddon

The Despoiler, The Dark King, Everchosen, Warmaster of Chaos, First of the Black Legion

bmDVjbI.jpg

"We were born for battle, Khayon. We were made to conquer the galaxy, not to rot in Hell and die upon our brothers' blades. Who are the architects of the Imperium? Who fought to purge its territory of aliens and expand its borders? Who brought rebellious worlds to heel and slaughtered those who refused the light of progress? Who walked from one side of the galaxy to the other, marking their passage in a trail of treacherous dead? This is our Imperium. Built across the worlds we burned, over bones we broke, with the blood we shed. You see it too. You feel it now, don't you? - A new war. One not born of bitterness nor founded on revenge. - The Long War."

- Ezekyle Abaddon to Iskandar Khayon

zaqSPbH.jpg

"Speak not to me of Abaddon, blackest of hearts, basest of fiends. Who else amongst the hosts of the traitors embraced damnation with such a fierce glee?"

- Attributed to Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines

1wlrUgg.jpg

"I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall."

- Words of the Warmaster

What a nice flurry of progress! Well done all.

I should hopefully have vow 3 done this week. I'm planning on getting to 5 vows but I only have 2 weeks to complete them as I'm on holiday for the last one. This will mean my next 2 vows will be smaller. But every little bit counts, right!

Keep up the good work guys and gals.

ETL VII Vow 4 Complete

Well, that got finished a lot quicker than I expected... Vow 4 is complete!

So, I have about 25 days left, so I figure I should get one more vow in before we wrap up.  It's not much, but I what I have available.

I, Dasanaman017, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of Chaos and for the final time vow to complete a Hellforged (Osiron) Contemptor Dreadnought, equipped with a counts-as hellforged deathclaw w/ hellflamer and twin lascannon, of total value 175 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of Magnus and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ETL VII Vow 5 Before

Keep up the work, we still have time to make an epic comeback, just keep painting!