+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Once more (at least) into the breach! Vow 3.

I, Krakendoomcool, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX vow to complete 1 Myphitic Blight-Hauler for a total value 117 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

4e0b63ee-28ce-47f6-ab70-fc365cac4daa.jpe

This is where the easy to build kit comes into it's own. It took 1 hour to go from sprue to undercoat. I'm now hoping the contrast paints will help me out again and get this guy ready real quick.

Right, once more into the breach.

I, Freakshow, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux one more time for the glory of Chaos and vow to complete:

1 Sorcerer with force stave and plasma pistol.

5 havocs with Icon of excess, 2 lascannons, 2 missile launchers and a champion with plasma gun and chainsword.

5 havocs with icon of excess, 2 heavy bolters, 2 autocannons and a champion with plasma gun and chainsword.

1 Land Raider with combi-bolter and havoc launcher.

For a total of 720 points by 1st September 2019. Success will bring glory in the eyes of the Warmaster, failure will see me bear the mark of shame.

UoaAQzM.jpg

We're at the sharp end now people. Everyone's focus should be on finishing off their vows and bringing this thing home. We can still win the ETL with one big push.

Don't forget that if you fail your final vow, you forfeit all completed vows, so if you're re-vowing, please make sure you can complete your vows in the time remaining.

Let's do this, for the Warmaster, for the Gods, for pride and for vengeance. LET THE GALAXY BURN!

I Dwango rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine Forum and vow to complete

1 fallen lord with a plasma pistol and powerfist.- 88

of total value 88 points

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_141590_15192_181729.jpg

This will hopefully mean I have time to get a spawn or two in for my next vow!

Hello again guys!

I should post more here, but at least I remembered my second Oath completion:

The Hellwrought Fury is here presenting the Tyrant Knight.

Knight-full1.jpg?w=854&ssl=1

He likes to spend his weekends spearfishing Tau with his Harpoon and melta-ing marshmallow and Dark Eldar S'mores.

(other pics: https://prot40k.blog/2019/08/08/chaos-chaos-knights-part-1-hobby-update/)

Tremendous progress and amazing quality guys - Chaos really shows its quality. 

Your SCR has also risen but and you are now 150pts ahead fo the SMs! But you're still 240pts behind the BAs and more than 3.4kpts behind the DAs. Oh, and lest I forget, 1.8k pts behind the AoD-L...

Still, the cut-off for the 10th update is tomorrow - so plenty of time to improve the picture further... :wink:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Obsidian Quacker rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete one Master of Executions

48504368422_29eeab75c9_n.jpg

of total value 70 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Unfortunately a much smaller vow than I intended with it being 3 weeks left, but I'm not too confident that I'd have the availability to do bigger vows. I'll see how long it takes to do this one and may fit in a final small vow.

Progress on the other greater possessed, I'd hoped to manage a third vow but circumstances have interfered and I will be pushed to finish these by the deadline as it is: both of them are nearly at the same stage now.

gallery_62155_11151_162075.jpg

I'll pop a close up of the claw in my plog later on.

Time is ticking, and the last weeks are upon us!

I am happy to announce I finished all the models from my second vow!

Master of executions
gallery_9422_15501_128198.jpg

Two greater possessed
gallery_9422_15501_4876.jpg

And one chaos spawn
gallery_9422_15501_110764.jpg

Right now I am contemplating if I should pledge again... I got enough models lying around and might squeeze in another small vow. The spawn will also appear in the pageant and was a experiment using only dry brushing techniques and I quite like the result.

Good luck to all with finishing up, GO CHAOS GO!

Vow 4 is complete!

gallery_141590_15192_111589.jpg

gallery_141590_15192_112209.jpg

And here's my fifth vow.

I Dwango rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marine Forum and vow to complete

5 fallen marines with a chainsword and bolt pistol, 3 x boltguns and a volkite caliver (counts as plasma gun).- 81

2 x chaos spawn - 50

of total value 131 points

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_141590_15405_299089.jpg

@ obsidian quacker: Excellent! Don't you worry about the size of the vow, worry about completing it. Seriously, a completed 70pts vow is worth more than a 3,000pts vow completed to 97%... (which equals zero)

@ Green Horror: Good to see progress man! I have changed your total points to 109. 

@ Scion: So this is where that beautiful spawn originated from. :smile.::thumbsup:

@ Dwango: I see the Fallen them is inspiring you! :laugh.: Keep going and good luck with it!

A general call to all Chaos Space Marine players: The completion rate among first vows is just 29%. This is VERY low. You really need to prions this in line with the ETL average - only then you'll have the odds in your favour. Do not let down the Dark Gods or Malal will eat you. 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Painting is a real struggle for me these days. Especially the Lord of Skulls is draining all the enjoyment out of it - that thing is torture for me. Quitting has become a very real option for me over the last week, with the LoS having an "accident" shortly afterwards. :pinch:

Been delayed by a few days. I can not tolerate the heat & I'm worst humid weather which we have had here for the past week. So during the whole week I've felt horrible, trying to stop headache & just having no energy or motivation for anything. Today been the only day I've been ok.

I've just got my World Eater biker left to build, so that will get done tomorrow.

Got the Thousand Sons tanks all built & aim on getting them spray painted tomorrow.

med_gallery_13342_13449_579594.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_789865.jpg

Black Legion for my friend are nearly finish for ETL reason.

med_gallery_13342_13449_45593.jpg

The Maulerfiend get sprayed tomorrow for the Black Legion force.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1535713.jpg

I'm give myself a deadline get vow 1 complete for Sunday.

Painting is a real struggle for me these days. Especially the Lord of Skulls is draining all the enjoyment out of it - that thing is torture for me. Quitting has become a very real option for me over the last week, with the LoS having an "accident" shortly afterwards. :pinch:

You could paint the Lord of Skulls, then pull an Office Space on him afterwards. :p

I too am struggling at the moment. It's just so much more fun to paint the new warcry stuff and some stuff for mordheim. But I will return in time to my vow. Just 3 Scarabs and an Exalted to go...

Edited by Aasfresser

@ Darnok, Keep going, little steps at a time, Khorne will be pleased at the end.

I decided to do one more little vow, 3rd for the win.

I, Scion rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of Chaos and vow to complete 5 Chaos space marines (with the mark of Khorne, Champion with combi plasma and power sword, Icon of Wrath, and Reaper chaincannon) with a total value of 110 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Succes will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the badge of the oathbreaker untill the year-end.

gallery_9422_15501_51098.jpg

I bought a red primer, lets see if this shaves some work off the painting.