+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

You guys are doing quite well - keep it up! :tu:

@Captain Semper, if I complete the model but the base is not in yet, does it count as a completion, or does the model require a base in order to be considered done?

Bases are not compulsory but strongly encouraged... In short, yes, it will count as a completion even without a base... 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Some awesome models finished here recently - keep going if you're still painting!

And in that vein, I declare Vow 2: Knight Despoiler with Avenger Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, and Thunderstrike Gauntlet (421) complete:

zPMn0dO.jpg?1

This also completes my Soul Vow.

Sorry for the mediocre photo,  if I'm home when the sun is up, I may try for a better shot or a group shot but the paint is dry(ish) so I wanted to log the completion. 

Wow that's a hefty number of completions good job everyone keep them coming

For me the Helldrake is now finished, I've got some complex plans for the base and a plan in install some LEDs so for now it's all done.

med_gallery_88567_11401_60584.jpg.

med_gallery_88567_11401_155594.jpg

So that leaves me with 10 Marines and 2 Obliterators to finish.

I've been cracking on with the first marine, here he is just before washes to the torso and last few bits of detail.

I hope to finish him tonight and get on with the rest.

med_gallery_88567_11401_293050.jpg

I even picked up some more contrast paints to help with the details or the rest and after a couple of tests it's promising to speed things up on tiny details that used to take multiple layers.

Calling vow 5 done. 

oJ440iv.jpg

Well done to everyone who has sweated blood this ETL, there has been a lot of truly magnificent work. If you have vows outstanding, do your best over the last few days of the event and know that your brothers and sisters stand beside you.

Alright, great progress guys - but keep going! You are really closing the gap here...

I'm done. I maaaaaay have half- :censored: ed the Fallen Lord but I ran out of time and opportunity. Pics forthcoming.

Will update once you get the pics in... Don't just edit them in your post above as I may miss them, just do them in a new post pls! :smile.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Love your cultists, KDC - they are so obviously nurgle but are also immediately identifiable as cultists rather than poxwalkers or genestealer cultists, despite using some of those models.  Especially love the "mars attacks" style helmet on the zombie-faced cultist - what did you use for that?  It seems the perfect size for the model. 

Love your cultists, KDC - they are so obviously nurgle but are also immediately identifiable as cultists rather than poxwalkers or genestealer cultists, despite using some of those models.  Especially love the "mars attacks" style helmet on the zombie-faced cultist - what did you use for that?  It seems the perfect size for the model.

Thanks! They are a rag tag group, I’m happy that they seem like Nurgle cultists, that’s what I’m using them as. I wanted some mutants in there, it seems natural they would turn to Chaos as outsiders. I couldn’t resist the renegade look either. In game these guys have come back as poxwalkers so I’m happy to have some of them with the first signs of maybe becoming a pox walker. The helmet IS a Mars Attacks helmet by Mantic Games. Sadly OOP but I got mine on eBay.

Also StD, what happened man? I hope you're not in pain - back problems can be hell (personal experience talking here). I sure hope you recover mate, and recover fast...

Got lazy and couldnt be bothered going home, slept funny on my mates living room floor, pulled a muscle gettin up. Feels much better today so gonna try finish up my vow tonight.

OK CSM team, here's the deal: 

Your overall completion rate is 50%. Yet, the completion rate among first vows is a much lower 37%. In short, you really need to complete your first vows more than anything else... Second or subsequent vows still outstanding are important more in the sense of securing your previous vows rather than the amount of points they will add...

So lets see things happening here! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I have completed my vow, phew that was a lot more than I originally thought it would be. It has been awhile since I have had to paint so much trim! Also contrast paint on a big model is not advised. Maybe as a base coat for some colors but not a whole model. Was fun though, haven't kept up with all the scoring so hopefully we are winning!

img_1999.jpeg?w=1968

img_2001.jpeg?w=1968

img_2002.jpeg?w=1968

img_2003.jpeg?w=1968

img_2004.jpeg?w=1968

img_2006.jpeg?w=1968

img_2007.jpeg?w=1968

img_2008.jpeg?w=1968

Hope you enjoy! The contrast yellow matched up beautifully with my other models so I was pumped for that! There are always things I want to add to models but sometimes it takes me years to figure out just what else it needs. Next year hopefully I get a bit more time then three weeks!

Wow! A yellow Brass Scorpion? That's the first time I saw one in that colour scheme! :tu: Congratulations Undeadsoldier, your yellow force is look rad! 

Now this was a good boost for the CSMs but more's needed! Let's see more completions everyone! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!