+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Just had a quick look around some of the other forums and, as expected, they are registering some last minute completions like us. What they don't have though is the amount of participants. I think if we get a few more 1st vow completions in we'll do it!

I hope those with outstanding vows are doing ok! Although I'd like to see everyone complete their vows remember it's just a competition. Don't go killing yourselves to get finished.

I've run out of likes atm but I have really enjoyed the level of painting produced by all and I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out over the next few hours. Good luck everyone!

I Marit Watery rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Death Guard and vow to complete 1 Plagueburst Crawler of total value 110 + 2*20 + 6 = 156 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Due to long vacation and the heat this summer I haven't posted any updates, but I have my project finished now.

This was after all base colours:

base1

This was after all shades:

shades2

And these are pics of the finished Crawler:

done1

done2

done3

done4

done5

DONE! Finally!

And to accompany "Dr Zed" before, here are the rest of the gang:

gallery_61265_13297_11575.jpg

gallery_61265_13297_23817.jpg

gallery_61265_13297_45928.jpg

gallery_61265_13297_7864.jpg

gallery_61265_13297_46115.jpg

...so semper, how much time left? Do I have time for a Spawn? :tongue.:

[Edit]: 3hrs, might be a bit tight...

Edited by Excessus

church-doors.jpg

ETL VII IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was the most savage ETL that I can remember!!!

Now I will go through all the Outposts to make a LAST UPDATE later toady. After that, I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges.

What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Outpost and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Outposts as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up.

Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Outpost, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report.

Congratulations to all!

Finally.

First things first: my apologies to everybody who feels let down by this, but I just could not make it through. In the end the reason for my failure was quite simply that I bit off more than I could chew. Going for a huge second vow was a grave mistake - one I will not repeat for sure. The only one to blame is myself, but this "Soul Vow" thing lured me into taking on more than I could deliver.

Well, in the end I still got models painted, and have painted daily for almost three months. I only stopped last Thursday, when I realised I never could make the finish line in honesty. If I join next year, I will take the lessons learned to heart. Not all is bad - but sorry again for messing up!

Edited by Darnok

I’ve learned that a lot of my heroes in the chaos section are humans too, and they are still my heroes. We all have real life issues to deal with at some point or another. Well done everybody, everyone did their best and that’s all we can ask.

I hope we win for CHAOS!

@ ChazSexington: I assume that is a completion? I've registered it as such, but please let me know if that's the case... (it's not 100% clear from your post)

@ Iron-Daemon Forge: Not that I had any doubt, but I was really starting to worry there... Excellent job man - you should be rightly proud!

Now, with Roland's completion (an crazy StD lightning fast 3rd vow) you have a completion rate of 100% in 3rd, 4th, and 5th vows. You have an 89% completion rate in the 2nd vows (*ahem, Darnok, ahem*) and your 1st vow completion rate jumped to 55%.

That is a great performance BUT IT'S EXTREMELY CLOSE!!!!! Every vow counts! So keep going!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Correct - I'll probably go back and highlight more, but they're table top!

Also, a massive thanks for running things! As a TO, I know how much time this kind of thing can take! 

I always accomplish far less than I aim for... :sad.:

You and me both, sweet frater!

Edited by ChazSexington

Yes, thanks for organizing this event Captain Semper. If it weren't for ETL and CoC I'm not sure I would have ever gotten close to having a painted force. With these events, you can really build some habits and it's pretty neat to see what you can accomplish if you keep plugging away.

I’ve learned that a lot of my heroes in the chaos section are humans too, and they are still my heroes. We all have real life issues to deal with at some point or another. Well done everybody, everyone did their best and that’s all we can ask.

I hope we win for CHAOS!

I hope we win lets see what happens :)