+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Also, yeah, zombicide!

How big are they?  My recollection is that zombiecide minis are considerably smaller than any but the smallest GW minis (so, they are taller than ratlings, goblins, skinks and skaven, but basically nothing else).  That said, I guess there's nothing wrong with a bunch little people zombies...

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Update time!

I finished my Dark Apostle and one of my Noise Marines.  I've painted well over 100+ Night Lords so the Dark Apostle took me about 2 hours, from start to finish.  However, I'm flying by the seat of my pants with these pink marines.  Overall, I'm pleased with how they came out.

tNf4E4k.jpg

XkksAku.jpg

Update time!

I finished my Dark Apostle and one of my Noise Marines.  I've painted well over 100+ Night Lords so the Dark Apostle took me about 2 hours, from start to finish.  However, I'm flying by the seat of my pants with these pink marines.  Overall, I'm pleased with how they came out.

tNf4E4k.jpg

XkksAku.jpg

That's a big mace! Are they warp talon fins?

The noise marine is nice - the only things I would recommend is some edge highlighting on the pink, making some Reiklander Flesh ink on the gold to give it some depth and maybe bone coloured horns (also with some Reiklander) to give a bit of spot colour.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Update time!

tNf4E4k.jpg

XkksAku.jpg

That's a big mace! Are they warp talon fins?

Correct! It's the fins but trimmed down a smidge.  

The noise marine is nice - the only things I would recommend is some edge highlighting on the pink, making some Reiklander Flesh ink on the gold to give it some depth and maybe bone coloured horns (also with some Reiklander) to give a bit of spot colour.

Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to head over to my gaming store and pick up some more paint!

I, Eldrick Shadowblade, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX in the name of Lord Kraven Thrice-Cursed, Master of the Oath-Broken and vow to complete:

7 plague marines 133pts

-champion with plama and powerfist -19

1 plague belcher 10

1 spewer 19

1 flail 10

Bubotic axe and mace 12

1 bubotic axe 5

1 icon despair 10

Rhino- bulldozer, smoke launchers, havoc laumncher-?

3 plague drones

Instrument of chaos

Daemonic icon

122pts

1 malignant plague caster with forcestave 110?

4 ripper / nurgling swarms 72pts

before the First of September. Success will grant me the favor of the Dark Gods, while Failure will fuel my conquest to destroy the Galaxy and let it BURNNNNN!!!!!.
Death to the false Emperor! Death to the False Gods!

i7PgQFv.jpg

7 plague marines 112pts

-champion with plama and powerfist 20

1 plague belcher 7

1 spewer 15

1 flail 10

Bubotic axe and mace 12

1 bubotic axe 5

1 icon despair 10

Rhino- bulldozer, smoke launchers, havoc laumncher 81

3 plague drones

Instrument of chaos

Daemonic icon

140pts

1 malignant plague caster with forcestave 118pts

4 ripper / nurgling swarms 72pts

CA2018 changed a lot of points for DG, fixes are in green. This means a total of 539 points. Best of luck, looking forward to some excellent nurglyness from you! :thumbsup:

Edit: I have serious doubts about Captain Semper accepting that "third drone" though. :wink:

Edited by Darnok

Good idea.  Advantages of doing the cloak is that it isn't freehand as you get to follow the groves in the model, and  its pretty easy to correct mistakes or even paint over your attempts if you don't like.  I look forward to seeing your model again if this is something you try.

My fellow brethren and sisterspawns of Chaos, hear my call: Sludge City must fall!

For those unfamiliar with the event: the Battle for Sludge City is a painting event in the Necromunda forum, still going until July 13th. You can pledge models for your faction of choice in different locations, thus gaining influence over them once you have painted your models. The faction with most painted models per location wins that one - winning two locations plus the Settlement one wins the campaign.

That said: Chaos Cults are a faction, and you can help winning Sludge City for the forces of the Dark Gods! There are two ways you could help:

1. You pledge some models appropriate for a Chaos Cult without tying them into your ETL vow(s). Even a single model will help!
  2. You have some still unpainted cultists or a Chaos Spawn in your ongoing ETL vow, or plan to pledge some in your next vow and can finish them before July 13th - in this case you could also pedge them for the Necromunda event!

In either case you would head over to the BfSL thread, make your pledge with any number of (at most primed) Chaos Cult models and have them painted and posted there before or on July 13th. Appropriate models are anything that looks like a chaos cultist, plus Chaos Spawns.

As for an overarching strategy: you would help most if you send your cultists to The Settlement - this is where the final fight will take place, this is where competition is fiercest. Chaos already has a foothold in the Drinking Hole and the Old Ruins, you could support those as well. And if you feel like betraying the traitors: feel free to pledge for another faction. :wink:

Update: Got two more marines finished up tonight, so I'm 4/7 of the way done with the squad, then it's characters and a blight drone for my first vow. If there's still a good amount of time, I'm going to hopefully have a squad of termies to throw down, which should be a nice point boost for us (if I can get it done)

finishedfirst4marines

Great progress everyone, and welcome back Eldrick! (and thanks Darnok for working out the points ;))

@ Angel of Solitude: I see you've placed a vow in the Dark Angels Outpost and one here in the Chaos Outpost. Unfortunately this is against the ETL rules: you need to choose one Forum and stick with it until the bitter end (or maybe not so bitter - only time will tall). I have already registered your vow in the DA forum but, as I believe you were not aware of this rule, I'll give you the option to choose between the two. Mind you, you may still enter the other vow as an out-of-competition vow, meaning it will be as a normal vow but it will not earn points for the corresponding forum. Let me know which way you choose to go! :)

NOTE: Later today will be the cut-off of the second weekly update. If you want your vow/completion to be included, hurry up!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@Captain Semper my apologies! I got too carried away with wanting to participate that I didn’t realise I could only vow to one army.

I will withdraw this vow here and keep my Dark Angels, as I need to get them painted for a forthcoming tournament!

@Captain Semper my apologies! I got too carried away with wanting to participate that I didn’t realise I could only vow to one army.

I will withdraw this vow here and keep my Dark Angels, as I need to get them painted for a forthcoming tournament!

Noted. Good choice. ;)

As much as I was looking forward to buying the new paints today, I woke up with whatever it is that my mother and sister have been dealing with all week...

I did break out my old Anthem 155 airbrush and I've gotten the vow primed. I'll try to get a picture up once I'm able to sit up without falling over...

This is what I get for not vowing Death Guard. Should have known better. Sorry Pappa Nurgle....