+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Been really busy over the past two week. Back April to June, I had a pretty bad virus & it cause a lot of set back on a lot of thing. So past two weeks has been trying catch up with all that. Only to end up not feel so great this week as it been pretty humid, I can not tolerate the heat & often get headache & nose bleeds.

But two week from tomorrow. I should have the last parts of my vow 1. So the 2x Predators, Exalted Sorcerer & Fallen Lord. I've also, hopeful got Friday off which I've already planned to get the three Thousand Sons Rhinos all built & ready for undercaoting.

The Black Legion part my vow will get built tomorrow & painted over the next two week for my friend to possible use that a local tournament.

But for time been, here how thing are looking

One of the Rhinos for my new Chaos Marine squads. Hopeful going to get the model finish painted during the week.

med_gallery_13342_13449_304747.jpg

Then another one of the Rhinos for my new Chaos Marines squads. Adding a crucified Primaris Marine. I have already added a Primaris Blood Angel Lt as a trophy on a Havoc Rhino. But not a crucified version yet. It has been a lot easier, thanks to the arm's from the Captain & from the tactical spure.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1378361.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_986176.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_573820.jpg

For the Primaris, again he will be a Ultramarine & part of the 2nd Company. He going to be base upon a squad of Ultramarines I've painted early in the year

med_gallery_13342_13449_387834.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_17692.jpg

Finial the Thousand Sons Predator. This was getting painted the week after my last update. But as said I've been really busy that the moment. I need to try add transfer to the Predator. As said in two week time I'm aiming on buying the other two Predators.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1516875.jpg

Once vow 1 complete... I got a new Chaos Knight waiting for the second vow.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1284087.jpg

Further planned vows are three squads (vow 3,4,5) of 5 Iron Warriors & a Executioner (vow 5) for my Iron Warriors as well

Wow, things are stepping up a gear. I've managed to get the Fallen done. The venom crawler is finished apart from the base. Waiting for some epoxy resin to arrive as I'm trying to create an ice base I've seen on YouTube. The 20 man sqd has been started. Vow two is progressing! Just realised I'm away on holiday for the last week of August so I need to make sure my last vow is complete before I go.

Quick pic of the crawler. Will post more once the vow is complete.

gallery_141590_15405_40901.jpg

Hey Captain!  ill just turn the herald into a regular old poxwalker. The Points below should be correct now. Your inbox is full ;)

11 Pox walkers 66 points

3 Nurgling swarms 54 points

11 Cultists 1 with flamer and mark of Slaanesh 61 points

1 Exalted Sorcerer of Tzeentch 112 points

Vow 2 Finished

Cumx5ZZ.jpg?1

61v4sJr.jpg?1

I4jZAcY.jpg?1

I barely progress at the moment. Mostly because the white cloths on the sorcerer really demotivated me. This happens almost every time I paint one of the guys. But he is done. Sufficiently for the table to be played.

Still 4 Scarab Occult and one Exalted to go!

Here he is:

med_gallery_76164_9665_111790.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_792939.jpgmed_gallery_76164_9665_92526.jpg

Despite the troubles it causes you, the whites on your model are beautiful - indeed, the entire model is great.  Keep it up!

I can only second this - that white is marvelous!

With that out of the way I hope the other four Occults bring more joy of painting.

I declare vow 1 complete:

20190717.jpg

20190515.jpg

20190516.jpg

This being done: I, Celtic_Cauldron, rise a second time to the challenge of ETL VIII in the name of the VIIIth Legion and promise to complete the following units on or before September 1st, 2019:

2 Obliterators for 230 points.

20190718.jpg

And you know what I think about failure... ^^

Ave Dominus Nox!!!

Celtic_Cauldron

Edited by Celtic_cauldron

Alright - something's moving in the eye! Good to see so much activity - you have lost doubled your SCR already. Keep going though, your rivals know no respite!

Also I cleaned up my PM - thx Eldrick!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Finished the second set of 5 poxwalkers. So that's my vow complete. 60 points, you can thank me later...

0e88df2b-4525-45f5-864a-1360c421c962.jpe

652c32c3-7bfd-4ce9-92a4-15f5987fd717.jpe

Your the first person I know to paint Poxwalkers to a stellar standard, always thought the minis looked stupid but yours look great. :tu:

@ Slave to Darkness

Thank you. They are a bit marmite. I picked the best ones so didn’t feel I needed to convert them. I used contrast paints which in the end was a bit like using washes on the skin areas. It didn’t blast through them quite as quick as I thought I might. Areas like the turquoise and wood/leather is just the contrast paint, one colour.

So without further ado...

In the name of the Pantheon, I Darnok once more rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX, and vow to complete the models listed below with a total value of 1040 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory in the eyes of the Dark Gods and failure will doom me to Spawndom and to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

• 1 Khorne Lord Of Skulls, Gorstorm Cannon and Hades Gatling Cannon (638 points)
  • 8 Fallen, Champion with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol, Heavy Bolter and Plasmagun (147 points)
  • 1 Chaos Sorcerer with Jumppack, Force Stave and Plasma Pistol (125 points)
  • 1 Cypher (80 points)
  • 2 Chaos Spawn (50 points)
qRDHwTW.jpg

ugFWlOp.jpg

I completely messed up the build of the LoS, so will have to do some serious repairs on the right arm joint. Oh, and it all needs some paint... :sweat:

Those spawns look like prine material for the pageant

I'm intrigued by Darnok's spawn that looks like a spiked ball with a giant beak on the top and looking forward to seeing it painted so I can better figure out what's going on with that model. :smile.:  What is the piece you used for the body?

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I have done one sicaran, nearly finished the other. I will put up pics sometime this week hopefully. Papa Nurgle has blessed me with man flu for the past few weeks. I am hoping to smash out the dreads, spend quality time on the Falchion. I am going back to my tried and true paint methods, contrast paints have been a red herring I should not have bothered with honestly, which also wasted a lot of my time. 

I hope to post an update picture later, but I'm making progress on my second vow. My 20 pink horrors are close to done (eyes, teeth, and basing left), a bit of highlighting on my 30 brimstones and they'll be finished, and the blue on my blue horrors is all I have done on them.

Playing with contrast paints as I go on this vow, it's fun to try out some new techniques as I go.

Those spawns look like prine material for the pageant

That's the plan! :smile.:

I'm intrigued by Darnok's spawn that looks like a spiked ball with a giant beak on the top and looking forward to seeing it painted so I can better figure out what's going on with that model. :smile.:  What is the piece you used for the body?

This one is not even done building - despite it being in the works for weeks. Yes, I am that lazy.

The lower body is the lower half of a Rotfly, the upper body is a bit from the Deathworld Forest. Plus many other bits, plus lots of Greenstuff. I will provide some better WIP pictures once it is primed.

I, Arakos The Corruptor, hereby report the successful completion of my vow to Lord Abaddon; twenty Chaos Space Marines and their Exalted Champion have risen to bring death to the False Emperor and his lapdogs.

Vow 1   Angle 1

Vow 1   Angle 2

I, Arakos The Corruptor, hereby pledge further reinforcements to Lord Abaddon and the Gods of Chaos in the form of one Indomitus-clad Chaos Lord armed with twin Lightning Claws for a total value of 107 Points, to be completed before the First of September. Failure will consign me to the Badge of the Oathbreaker, while success will bring further glory to Lord Abaddon and the forces of Chaos!

Vow 2   Unpainted

Death to the False Emperor!

(apologies for the poor image quality; phone camera is bad)