+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Oh man, I remember seeing them in White Dwarf when they came out! Really cool models and as you say, way less clutter on them than the plastics.

Welcome aboard Chaz and Lhorke!

Dragonlover

I have a question/proposal. I'm doing the by now traditional Soul Vow // Black Crusade satellite event for the Chaos Forum in the ETL. It's an extra motivator where people vow to multiply the points of their initial vow with subsequent vows. Forté did the first one, I ran it three more times after him. However, I'm going on a week-long vacation to Iceland on Saturday the 8th. Should I open it on Friday or after I come back on the 14th?

I think the most questions will come up immediately after the start, so it would be helpful to have you around. The 14th is early enough anyway.

P.S.: The much more important question is: why are you AWOL during the ETL in the first place? And for a whole week? Heresy! :tongue.:

Perhaps he's going shopping:wink:

I'm waiting for the colour release next weekend to paint anything, I have some ideas to test out before I commit to a whole army. In the meantime I'm fixing bases and a nice painting space!

I am waiting for Contrasts too, but the urge to just paint them traditionally is growing... It's why I've put off priming them yet. Less chance to jump the gun as it were

I, Iron Father Ferrum, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines Forum and vow to complete:

-1x Alpha Legion Chaos Lord with power sword and plasma pistol

-1x Fallen Chaos Lord with power sword and combined plasma

-1x Alpha Legion Exalted Champion with power axe and plasma pistol

-1x Squad 10x Alpha Legion Chaos Space Marines with 2x plasma guns and 1x combiplasma

-1x Chaos Rhino with 2x combibolter and Havoc launcher.

For a total of 505 points. Success will bring glory to the Alpha Legion and the Ourobori! For the Emperor!

https://imgur.com/a/T0G1Ag5

Frickin' Imgur on mobile is terrible. I'll get a functioning link of the picture up tonight.

Edited by Iron Father Ferrum

I Blackheart1223 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines Forum and vow to complete the below units:

Abaddon

5 Chaos Terminators with 4x power fists, 4x combi-meltas, 1 chainfist and 1 reaper autocannon

For a total of 487 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year end.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ocQnJnd

Edited by Blackheart1223

I'm waiting for the colour release next weekend to paint anything, I have some ideas to test out before I commit to a whole army. In the meantime I'm fixing bases and a nice painting space!

If your going for the metallic look.  I've seen few people using the gem paints over on the facebook Games Workshop army painter group & it look pretty cool?

I'm waiting to see what the re-release FW Air paint like.  I never use or bought them before.  But I would like to paint my Thousand Sons sorcerer with that & to show them in there Pre-Heresy colour scheme.

On another note - FW order place & bits order place.  Currently building those IW Breacher… needless to say there has been blood, sweet & tear thank to the FW barbed wire brass etching :facepalm: But really happy how there turn out.

That the 5 Iron Warriors ready for spray painting tomorrow. Rest can be found on my army log.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1231130.jpg

None camera photo of the Thousand Sons, Necromunda 32mm base should arrive next day or two. It just the Sorcerer, but I'm waiting for the re-release of the Forge World air paints, try the metallic red armour look to them.
Second squad will be bought on Wednesday as well, along with a few Rhinos :biggrin.:

med_gallery_13342_13449_322486.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_929006.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_434695.jpg

On my side, the Achilles is primed and two out of three Scorpius are ready to follow. The last one should join them tomorrow. Pictures should be made the very same day.

Should start basecoat on Wednesday.

Celtic_cauldron

If your going for the metallic look.  I've seen few people using the gem paints over on the facebook Games Workshop army painter group & it look pretty cool?

I'm waiting to see what the re-release FW Air paint like.  I never use or bought them before.  But I would like to paint my Thousand Sons sorcerer with that & to show them in there Pre-Heresy colour scheme.

On another note - FW order place & bits order place.  Currently building those IW Breacher… needless to say there has been blood, sweet & tear thank to the FW barbed wire brass etching :facepalm: But really happy how there turn out.

From my experience? Looks good on infantry over silver for a nice metallic red, less so over vehicles, at least if done by hand

I realize now that I've been far too quiet with this ETL, and such silence offends Slaanesh...

I Scourged rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete a unite of Noise Marines (all Sonic Weapons, two Blastmasters, and a Doom Siren) of total value 230 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

And now the proof of my cacophonous exploits:

4pK2c7pl.jpg

Seriously, I was amazed at how well the old guns still fit onto the new kit. And just for added fun, they'll all end up as Corpus Brethren. Or, at least that's the plan right now. And it'll probably be my only vow, unless I get cheeky and paint up bits and pieces from Shadowspear. We shall see. And maybe a Spawn, too. 

Regardless... My friends, it's time to get loud

Lord Kraven bore many honorifics: Thrice-cursed, Betrayer, Oath-Broken. The last title gave him no shame as other of his ilk. He had chosen not to scrape to the corpse god, nor did he follow Abaddon's insane plea. He would not trade one uncaring master for another. He watched the tactical holo-vid  in his war station light up with new contacts as ancient battleships transitioned from warp-space. The Eternal Hunt, Subtle Discord, Scion, all old rivals who deserved nothing less than oblivion's release.

Eldrick, his old seneschal, approached cautiously sensing his mater's mood. After a while he cleared his throat and dared to speak, "Master, the forces of Chaos muster on the planet below. Shall we..."

"Virus bomb the entire planet's surface," he said.

"My Lord?"

How sweet it would be to destroy all of his former allies and the puppets of the corpse god in one fell swoop. "Just fantasy, my old friend. Hail the Glorious Host's flagship. Let them serve as our greeting to our assembled host."

"My Lord, they well could infect 75% of the gathered forces before contact with the enemy..."

Kraven turned towards Eldrick and smiled a fang-filled maw. "Yes, exactly. Let the games begin."

Brethren of the Legions, fellows of the Fallen Angels, compatriots of the Long War: the hunt is on!

The Gauntlet has been accepted, repent now, for it is inevitable.....

For everybody, this is how it works:

• we now have a "Fallen vs. Deathwing" challenge going on between members of the CSM and DA forums!
  • you continue to include Fallen-themed units in your vows (as per the first bullet point in the OP) and let us know in here
  • they can include Deathwing-themed units in their vows and sign them up over there
  • both sides gain one point each per datasheet vowed and finished - OOC vows are allowed
  • at the end of ETL VII the side with more point wins!

Many thanks to DeRome90 for getting the ball rolling with the basic idea for this, and Grotsmasha for organising it for our traitorous brethren in white!

So the March of the Fallen just got serious! :thumbsup:

First of all et me say that Chaos has made a spectacular opening for the ETL, with the most participants so far. Carry on guys, nothing beats participant numbers in the ETL! :)

Also:

DO YOU WANT TO WANT TO WRITE THE HISTORY OF ETL VII?

JOIN THE MARK OF LIBER!

gallery_48988_15465_30555.png

---------------------------------

On a totally different note, CALL OF CHAOS XI medallion-style badges are now available!

Thank you Forte! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!