How are Custodes in Kill Team?

They were never meant to be in this game. Begging for a point reduction is pathetic.

No one is begging for a point reduction, just a way to play equal points at 125. actually i'd happily lose the Allarus from the roster, to me Wardens were the obvious elites choice.

What are you suggesting that Custodes should never have been in kill team? Or just the Allarus? Is it the 2+ save? Or the T5? Because both of those things were pretty much already in effect, and are replicated throughout the other elites from other factions. I guess if elites isn't to your liking then don't play it

Edited by swordofmandulis

I'd love to see them be a combined force with Sisters of Silence.

Do we even know why AC are consistently not paired with SoS despite being a clear synergy and working together in the fluff?  Kill Team, 40K, Apocalypse, none of them have them paired despite that being an excellent place to put the SoS datasheets and provide cheap options to AC.  This is especially true in Kill Team. Having the option for 3 or 4 SoS running alongside a heavy hitting custodian guard would be such a more dynamic and interesting playstyle than the current roster.

Very true - Sisters could/would be a welcome addition, even in the Custodes-Codex. You get a somewhat cheaper troop-type with transports, a bit of psychic phase interaction and for Kill Team some more bodies on the table. 

Works well with the fluff and aids the army overall. And the sisters weren't resigned to being some lack-lustre units with cool models that no one really knows how and where to use.

I wouldn't say they were never meant to be in Kill Team, but I also agree that I don't think they need a point reduction currently.

Forget the Allarus I guess, it's not a valid choice in any situation in my mind, but why release a kill team faction in 'Elites' that has to run 26points short in the elite missions?

Hopefully wardens won't be too far away and will allow 3 at 125.

They were never meant to be in this game. Begging for a point reduction is pathetic.

I'm pretty sure that if they were "never meant to be in this game", they wouldn't be in this game.

Again, this is a lament heard only from people who've never actually tried them or can't consider their limitations.

If 125 is the new standard, don't you think it makes sense for any list to be able to generate a team that doesn't fall 20% short?

• 4 weeks later...

So I played my second only ever game with Custodes in Kill Team last night in a 4 player game, this time just running 6 normal Guardians with Spears - 1 Leader, 1 Sniper, 1 Combat, 1 Zealot and 2 generic troops.

Holy crap, it was an utter slaughter. All 3 other players focused me, K Sons, Astarted and Nids, and I murdered everyone and ended up drawing on VPs with the K Sons player. I must have been responsible for removing 75% of the models off of the table. I have to say I do this they're a little OP, because all my opponents really struggled badly to get my guys off of the table. The 2+/4++/6+++ FNP Vs Psychic, not to mention ignoring the effects of Flesh Wounds is just obscene for a T5 unit for only thirty odd points.