+++Chaos Daemons Outpost+++

Here's the model I was talking about - the mane doesn't come across quite as bright in the picture as it does in person.

6jVxV52.jpg

Edit:  Here's my (fully painted?) hearseeker:

dfgNTD8.jpg

I did all the painting on her that I had planned to, except now I think she needs some highlights on her flesh.  What should I use as a highlight colour for Dryad Bark?

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Glad you like it, CS.  Its just Flayed One Flesh with a Reikland Fleshshade ink.

Looking forward to seeing some more of your stuff here - ETL is always more fun when there is other's work to keep one inspired and motivated.

A random Herald of Nurgle (plus cheerleaders) says hello!

ai9GPab.jpg

HrdELta.jpgb4bDsR2.jpg

He just happened to be on the painting table alongside the rest of my ETL stuff. Apparently getting some paint splashed on him every now and then still gets him done!

Just some support for the Daemons Outpost, keep it coming my warpbrethren!

Haha, the Daemons at work! And Drank too! :lol:

Splendid! now let's see if there are any more Daemons to join!

------------------------------

THIS IS THE LAST FULL WEEK OF RECRUITMENT - IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN DO SO FAST!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Nurglings for the GUO's base.

gallery_85153_15070_86330.png

Far left was a test of Contrast Ork flesh, middle one is in the style of TabletopTactics' mascot, the rest are to match colours in my army.

Those look great, CS! I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Yours look good too, Darnok.

gotta get Abaddon ready for the 6th of july so that will slow me down but then I have the Masque and a Contorted Epitome I need for the 14th so I better get that vow in a state I can throw down another one.

Your nurglings are great - I love how you've managed such diverse colours but how they all look like the belong together - quite often different coloured nurglings together look they belong in different armies, but you've really managed to avoid that.

Well, I've finished my seekers - behold!

Tb11ey4.jpg

aICjobx.jpg

Which means I've finished my first vow!

PQbzHum.jpg

Which means its time to revow!  All the effort of my last vow to paint 27 models for only 365 points, I thought I would paint some high value units.

10xJV7W.jpg

I, Dr. Ruminahui, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side Slaanesh and vow to complete the following on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me the rapturous gaze of my Lord/Lady, but failure his/her great rath and doom my soul to the warp.

Renegade knight with avenger gatling cannon with heavy flamer, rapid-fire battle cannon with heavy stubber, stormspear rocket pod & meltagun (and titanic feet) - 535 points

The Contorted Epitome (AKA the Fastest Mirror) - 195 points

Syl'Esske (AKA the Dynamic Duo) - 210 points

For a total vow of 940 points.

@ Dr. Ruminahui: Well done sir! They look awesome and I have to congratulate your effort on the bases too! Really colourful and very Slaaneshi! And a brave re-vow! :woot: Good luck to you!

@ Closet Skeleton: That GUO looks fantastic! Please carry on with the basing - it looks very promising and gives the entire model a spectacular finish! :yes:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE FITFTH WEEKLY UPDATE

ONLY 48HRS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

JULY 1ST @ 17:00 GMT IS THE CUT-OFF FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS

AFTER THAT, NEW PARTICIPANTS MAY ONLY JOIN AS OUT-OF-COMPETITION ENTRIES

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

ONLY 12HRS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

JULY 1ST @ 17:00 GMT IS THE CUT-OFF FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS

AFTER THAT, NEW PARTICIPANTS MAY ONLY JOIN AS OUT-OF-COMPETITION ENTRIES

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

i Dahkness vow to paint the following daemons

30 bloodletters w/ banner/inst                           235pts

9 bloodcrushers w/ banner/inst                         448pts

1 skull cannon                                                   90pts

10 pink horrors banner/inst                                95pts

2 flamers w/ pyrocaster                                      75pts

3 screamers                                                       84pts

1 changecaster w/ staff                                      70pts

1 burning chariot of tzeentch                             115pts

Kairos Fateweaver                                             285pts

demon total          1497pts

1 renegade knight w/ avenger Gatling cannon, ironstorm missile pod and reaper chain cleaver  376

total 1873 vowed

Demon pledge 2

Demon pledge 1

Edited by Dahkness00

Well, one weekend in (Monday was a holiday - happy 152nd birthday, Canada) to my 2nd vow and I thought I would share my progress.

Here is my knight so far - the colours on the shields are placeholders, and I'm not sure about the pink (when done, it will all be the colour on the arrmour on the meltagun under its left (our right) shoulder). 

LBuG5Il.jpg

What I am really happy with are his guns, which are almost done - together, they are almost the cost of my entire first vow.

AqTWe7j.jpg

That's probably more edge highlighting than I've done before in my life, but I love the effect.

So, question time - any opinions on how I should paint my knight?  I want it to fit in with both my chaos armies - my daemonettes and my emperor's children - I've included representative samples of both armies in the picture above.

Now, some things I'm set on:

-  The shoulders (now gray) will be white, with a bright red scale symbol on the front right (back right and whether I will have anything on the left under the spikes are undecided).

-  The centre carapace and at least half the colour on the lower armour will the purple I'm currently using.

- The guns stay dark purple.  The gunshields can and likely will change, but will have gold trim.

-  The gold needs a drybrush, and should hopefully end up looking like the gold on the missile launcher.

I'm thinking the pink top carapace is too much, and I do want some pink, but not sure how much.  The least amount would be just the gun shields, but I'm afraid that will leave it too purple if I do the armour all purple and looking too much like my CSM.  If I kept the pink to just the gun shileds, I could swap the pink out for a third colour - maybe ushabi bone.

Anyway, your thoughts are most welcome.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui