+++Chaos Daemons Outpost+++

Well, that was worth updating again! Impressive work man, and you seem intent on raising the stakes! Good luck to you!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

My vows all seem to be going down in points.

I have another 10 seekers, 10 daemonettes, harpest and a metal bloodthirster that I told myself I can buy a Keeper of Secrets if I finish. The random details on the slaanesh characters were holding me back but now that I'm doing stuff I have experience with I might be able to finish it all in 3 weeks.

I also have another 10 bloodletters on the sprue but they were a pain to base so I might skip them.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Finished my Syll'Esske - quite happy with him+her.  The tattoos I did in about 5 different colours, and it was only after I painted the metallic purple parts (originally on the orbs on his axe and other places) did I try metallic purple - happy with the choice, as it reflects the light differently depending on the angle, giving him a kind of shimmering look.  I went with the light blue hair as I plan on doing my HQ units with more subdued hair colours (basically, a wash over white rather than a bright base colour like my non-HQ units)

oZgqgiF.jpg

zQU0pM5.jpg

Sorry about the light - I'll try to do better photos when I do my vow completion photos - hopefully do them during the day when there should be better light.

I've also started on my contorted epitome, which is going to be a lot of work - each part of the coils will need to be edge highlighted, as well as the frame of the mirror itself.  Not sure what to do with the silver mirror parts - I had them metallic purple, but it made the entire model too purple and while okay from the front, it looked like crap when looking down at the model (the disadvantage of the effect I used to my advantage on the piggy-back prince's tatoos).  Maybe I'll give it a light wash of florescent green or blue...

I4LqNE8.jpg

They look great!  Really looking forward to seeing them completed!

Myself, I've managed to put some work on my Epitome - just have my brown washes (gold, flesh), the gems, whatever I'm doing to the mirror (blue or green wash?) and what feels like 1000 hours of edge highlighting on the coils and mirror left. :)

Great to see progress here guys! Will you be able to complete before the cut-off tomorrow? No pressure - you're doing pretty well, so yeah, take your time to get those daemons to your exact liking! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

Get them done when you get them done - the only deadline that matters is the final one.  In any case, I look forward to seeing them. :)

Hopefully, I should be able to finish my vow over the weekend as well.

Your models look great, CS!

Just missed this week's cut off, it seems. :)

Anyway, I finished my galloping mirror - soooo much edge highlighting. :)

ysWh3mL.jpg

Which means my vow is done.  Here is a picture of it all together.

fHg2dxO.jpg

And here is my third vow - I, Dr. Ruminahui, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side Slaanesh and vow to complete the following on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me the rapturous gaze of my Lord/Lady, but failure his/her great rath and doom my soul to the warp:

1x herald of slaanesh on steed (82 points).

NnuGIdQ.jpg

Vow complete

gallery_85153_15070_222598.png

Vow 4, one more photo to come later today edit he snapped off his base from his own weight while I while I gave him his cream-wash ready for contrast but he's together again now

gallery_85153_15070_75274.png

gallery_85153_15070_31977.png

Infernal Enrapturess

80 points

Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury

Karanak

10 Daemonettes with Instrument of Chaos

70 points

10 Seekers of Slaanesh with Instrument of Chaos and Daemonic Icon

total

635 points

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Looking great, Dahkness00!  I like the bases too, and the banner is great how it looks like the lava on the bases is reflecting off the bottom of the banner.  Just needs some sort of sigil on it... but that could wait until after ETL :)

Looking great, Dahkness00!  I like the bases too, and the banner is great how it looks like the lava on the bases is reflecting off the bottom of the banner.  Just needs some sort of sigil on it... but that could wait until after ETL :smile.:

my thoughts exactly, i wanted to hand draw something but it will have to wait.

another update. finished the exalted flamer chariot bro tonight.

IMG 0343

IMG 0344

got bloodcrushers, lord of change, skullcannon and chaos knight left. looks like a double shift painting weekend. 
Edited by Dahkness00