+++Chaos Daemons Outpost+++

+++CHAOS DAEMONS OUTPOST+++

gallery_48988_15465_21280.png

Welcome to the Chaos Daemons Outpost. Chaos Daemons belong to the “Realm of Chaos” Faction.

HERE IS WHERE YOU MUST POST YOUR VOWS

Here you must also post your “before” and “after” pics of your vows as well as any WIP you may want to share. You may also use this thread to discuss the progress of the event with your fellow participants, exchange ideas, offer and receive modelling/painting advice and generally have some ETL–related fun!

You can draw units from the following lists:

· Codex: Chaos Daemons
· Index: Renegade Knights (Chapter Approved 2018)
· Vigilus Campaign Books: All units with the Daemon Keyword + Noctilith Crown
· Imperial Armour Index - Forces of Chaos:

o All units with the Daemon keyword

o All units from the Chaos Titans list

· Index Chaos:

o All units from the Chaos Bastions list

· Index Imperium 2:

o All units from the Fortifications list

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS
Army lists are constantly updated through a number of publications: new Codices, Chapter Approved, White Dwarf, Forge World PDFs (even experimental ones), Errata, you name it. You must always make sure that you use the most recent list to “price” your units.

That said, the original Indices that were released at the dawn of the 40k 8thEdition, in some cases contain units that did not make it to the Codex (or any subsequent publication). In that case you may still use them and “price” them from the Index list. Note that this applies ONLY to the units that did not make it to the Codex. You may not use the Index to “price” units that appear in the Codex or any later publication. If in doubt, contact me to avoid confusion.

Before you post you vow make sure you familiarise yourself with the ETL VII rules. You can find a link below:

THE RULES OF ETL VII CAN BE FOUND HERE

Also, please take the time to go through the Spirit of the ETL to give you an insight of the “unwritten” rules. You can find the link below:

THE SPIRIT OF THE ETL

+++LET THE FEAST ON SOULS COMMENCE!+++

gallery_48988_15465_21280.png

PARTICIPANTS LIST (alphabetical order):

Closet Skeleton: Vow 1 (506) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (610) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (361) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (635) COMPLETE

Dahkness00: Vow 1 (1,873) COMPLETE

Dr. Ruminahui: Vow 1 (365) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (940) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (82) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (100) COMPLETE

To get this ETL started, what's better for a starting vow than a "Let's Start Collecting: Daemons" set - in this case Slaanesh (plus some extra daemonettes).

I, Dr. Ruminahui, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side Slaanesh and vow to complete the following on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me the rapturous gaze of my Lord/Lady, but failure his/her great rath and doom my soul to the warp.

L4pGyLg.jpg

20x daemonettes with banner & musician     145 points

5 x seekers with banner & musician              100 points

Hellflayer chariot                                              70 points

Seeker chariot                                                  50 points

TOTAL                                                              365 points

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

PRAISED BE THE DARK GODS!

Best of luck to all contributing to the Chaos Daemons! If it was not for my current enthusiasm for CSM in their many shapes and forms, I would support this forum instead. For Daemons were my first painted army ever, and always want more (as is fitting for the powers of the Warp). Maybe next year!

Thanks for the encouragement, all!  I've already gotten my skin tones down on the daemonette squad, so am making good progress!  Next up - leggings and bodices.

Anyway, I hope I have another participant joining me - I'm hoping to have a little bit of friendly rivalry to help keep me focused on painting. :smile.:

Sorry to everyone above - I would like to "like" all your posts, but with it being ETL I've found I need all my likes for those making vows. :)

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

If I had properly read the rules I would have entered here in the daemon part, as I have more daemon units on the shelve than I have marine units. And I could have made my defiler a soul grinder count as.... Alas I made my vow already, I will definitely follow this tread too. I will paint the units anyway so I might as well make a post about them in the normal daemon board.

Good luck!

Bah, humbug! It is all for Chaos - and that is what counts. I will include Daemons in all of my vows, so even without supporting this forum directly, I still do my part for the Other Side.

Well, the ETL has various levels nowadays: It's forum against forum within the same faction, it's forum against forum across all factions and it's faction vs. faction. So forums within a faction play against each other for in-faction supremacy and at the same time they collaborate to make their faction dominate other factions... Weird enough? :P

Chaotic enough for my taste! :teehee:

In all seriousness: there is no question what Chaos subforum will win in terms of overall points. Due to them being so small, Daemons and LatD have it easier to achieve 100% completion rate though (which CSM will almost certainly not get).

To me these things don't really matter: it is much more about getting models painted, supporting others, and having a good time overall. :smile.:

P.S.: And CSM will win in the end, what else? :devil:

Edited by Darnok

Thanks!  I appreciate it!

As per "scoring", I do realize that if I'm the only Daemons participant, that certainly does increase my odds both of getting me "most points painted" for this forum, and a 100% completion ratio.  If I don't get either, at least I know how to blame!  Still, I hope we do get more here - a big part of the ETL fun is encouraging others and seeing & being inspired by their amazing work.

Finished my first 4 - I had to remember how I had done them last year, and the next batch I will do differently.  For one, they aren't as shiny as my first group, but that may because the earlier ones may have gotten a spray of purity seal after they were done (frankly, I don't recall).  Anyway, here are the first 4 - I find it easiest to paint in batches by skin colour, so this is my "brown" group.

MBVLvCq.jpg

Here is the rest of the squad - just skin colours on them for now.  Next batch will be my "black" batch, and then I'll have to decide between my "white" and "yellow".  Basing will be the last thing I do, and I'll do the entire squad (or maybe the entire vow) at once.

w6q5XBe.jpg

I'll be differentiating squads by hair colour, but at the moment the only fluorescent paint I have is purple, limiting my options.  So, I went to a local art supply store and got a few more - now I have red, blue, yellow, orange and green as well.

JgmOOSZ.jpg

The purple hair colour looks fantastic! Maybe we should do a Daemonette Beauty Pageant at some point! :D Those fluorescent colours look very promising!

And it's true that if you're the only one to vow then you're de facto Champion of the Four, provided of course that you complete your vow(s). :)

First Vow

Great Unclean one (magnetised so I'll put him down as the most expensive option) 305

3 Fiends of Slaanesh 126

10 Daemonettes with daemonic icon 75 points

total: 506 points

gallery_85153_15070_70745.png

gallery_85153_15070_345296.png

gallery_85153_15070_676434.png

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Yeah!  Welcome, Closet Skeleton.  I look forward to your progress on your vow.

If we both complete our vows, you'll be about 50 points ahead of me, so I need to get to the brushes if I want to pull ahead. :smile.:

Captain Semper I'm glad you like the purple - I too like it as it makes them really visually appealing while also tieing them to my marines, whose paint recipe for their armour includes the purple.   A daemonette pagent might indeed be warranted - though I think I would like at least 3 people's daemonettes (between here and those painted on the CSM forum) before we run one.  Though, if CS and I can finish ours, that only requires one more. :smile.:

We could also challenge the CSM and Lost & Damned to a "minion off", seeing who can paint the most "chaff" models such as cultists, renegade guardsmen or basic daemons. :smile.:

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

We could also challenge the CSM and Lost & Damned to a "minion off", seeing who can paint the most "chaff" models such as cultists, renegade guardsmen or basic daemons. :smile.:

I think this is a bad idea. Painting stuff like cultists can get demotivating fast, which is the last thing we need. Those models also come with a very low points:effort ratio. Combine both things and you have a huge red flag for something like ETL.

How about an alternative idea...

Plaguebearers, Nurglings, Plague Drones and Beasts of Nurgle are available in Codex: Death Guard.

Bloodletters, Plaguebearers, Daemonettes and Horrors of any type are available in Codex: Chaos Space Marines.

Horrors of any type, Flamers and Screamers are available in Codex: Thousand Sons.

So, in theory, anybody in the CSM forum can compete with anybody in the Daemons forum when it comes to painting those daemons listed. One could build a mini-competition based in this.

I don't know know about the Renegades&Heretics list though.

Yeah, I was thinking of something along those lines when Semper suggested a daemonettes contest.

That said, I don't think we really need another sub-event.

As for the "chaff-off", I think I'll just do it in my head and congratulate whichever chaos painter completes all their vows and has the lowest points-to-models ratio.  So, rather than being someone someone can aim for, just an after the fact recognition of painting chutzpah.