+++Chaos Daemons Outpost+++

church-doors.jpg

ETL VII IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was the most savage ETL that I can remember!!!

Now I will go through all the Outposts to make a LAST UPDATE later toady. After that, I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges.

What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Outpost and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Outposts as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up.

Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Outpost, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report.

Congratulations to all!

gallery_85153_15070_391509.png

Well in retrospect that was a journey.

Thanks to everyone who commented in this thread and to Dr Ruminal for keeping the vows going and Dahkness00 for dropping one huge vow and still coming through in the end.

Yeah! Congratulations, CS! Thanks to your efforts, we are a 100% forum!

Please do post better pics when you have them - I'd like to see what you've done with you models.

gallery_85153_15070_160566.png

gallery_85153_15070_550720.png

Worked out a better way of painting the bases while doing these so I'll have to go back and redo the others which just don't look right.

gallery_85153_15070_1108279.png

Those all look great, CS.  I love seeing how different people do daemonettes - yours are very different than mine, but are equally eye catching so that, while my own vision is different, I can look at yours and say "those are nice looking daemonettes."

The banner on your seekers is particularly well done - is that a transfer or freehand for the sigil of slaanesh?

Oh, and Semper, all my info on the front page looks good. :thumbsup:

Oh, and for final picture for this ETL - when I told my wife I had finished my Noctilith Crown, she thought I should wear it as, you know, a crown.  So here you go:

basxoUq.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Looks almost good enough to be a transfer - I've always struggled with that freehanding that sigil myself.

There's basically three points of advice for freehand.

1. Have a reference. For Slaanesh that means grabbing a different model or another part of the same one.

2. Plan the shapes you're breaking it down into. For the slaanesh symbol its a line and 6 crescents (1 long one in the middle, the circle at the bottom can be done in three segments while the one at the top is either two or one that you then extend at both sides).

3. Sketch it out with watered down paint first. You can even do a light pencil drawing and paint over that. So with the Slaanesh symbol you want to start out with a thinner line version of that takes up roughly the right space and then carefully bulk it up to the curvier version you actually want.

But ultimately having a paper or canvas based art background is a massive advantage that takes time. Most of the reason freehand feels daunting to hobby modelers isn't that freehand is some amazing skill its that its actually a more normal kind of art that's separate from the specialized painting style model painters are used to.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Dr. R, this is going to be the poster image for the next ETL! :laugh.:

Well, with inspiration like that, how can chaos fail to win next year. :D

There's basically three points of advice for freehand.

Thanks for the advice - that's super helpful.  For me, my problems with the slaaneshi symbol are get the proportions right - certainly drawing it a bunch first should help me with that.