+++The Lost and the Damned Outpost+++

Dang, those Knights are works of art, from conversion to paintjob. Absolutely stunning, true horrors of Chaos - I love them! Without a doubt m favourite models of all of this years ETL so far. :wub: 

Dusk Raider, this is indeed stunning work! :o

But brother, PLEASE, PLEASE, do the bases - you still have time... I'm registering your vow as complete, no problem there, but it's a pity to leave them without a base - they are SO AWESOME! 

And Tallarn Commander, those tanks look suitably corrupted... :yes: Look forward to see them done. Where is the round turret from? 

UPDATED TO THIUS POINT!

DuskRaider, your Armigers are works of art indeed!

Semper, thank you for the kind words. The round turret is from a plastic children's toy, an M48 Patton tank. I bought it in a dollar store back in the mid 2010s. I suspect you could still find it somewhere.

Here is a link with more information:

http://timmee-army.blogspot.com/p/patton-tank.html

It looks like its for sale for $18 USD here

https://victorybuy.com/products/jl-timmee-tank-gray-3

Rustcoating my traitor Russes is proceeding apace.

Here they are after a white spirit and Ryza Rust wash has been added.

gallery_88062_14499_150512.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_95136.jpg

And here they are after a water and Doombull Brown wash has been added

gallery_88062_14499_38843.jpg

Next step, once the sealant cures by tomorrow, is to add AK interactive chipping fluid. I'll then quickly brush on 2-3 coats of Kantor Blue. After that I'll go over the blue with a toothbrush and strip some off so it looks weathered. This is what I did on on Hound of Chaos, my Renegade Armored Sentinel

gallery_88062_14499_91200.jpg

Death to the Corpse Emperor!

Dusk Raider, this is indeed stunning work! :o

But brother, PLEASE, PLEASE, do the bases - you still have time... I'm registering your vow as complete, no problem there, but it's a pity to leave them without a base - they are SO AWESOME!

Funny you say that, I have some stuff coming to do that. I can't guarantee I'll have them done before the event is over, but I'll try. My next project is to do the bases for all of my Knights.

Thanks TC! You're doing a great job and you're almost there!

@Darnok: thanks for the kind words! That means a lot to me.

Edited by DuskRaider

More progress on painting up my 2 traitor Russes.

Reaver after I've applied 2 coats of Kantor Blue over AK Interactive Fluid

gallery_88062_14499_109981.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_57717.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_25632.jpg

And Reaver after I've stripped off some of the paint with warm water and a toothbrush

gallery_88062_14499_3937.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_56807.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_40767.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_68824.jpg

Now I've started the same process on the other Russ, Khorne's Ire.

Nostroman 9th, "Hell's Horde"

TC, have you thought about giving an actual barrel to the "gun" on the top of toy tank turret so as to turn it into a heavy stubber?  Doing so might help make it look less like it came from a toy and more 40K - plus a heavy stubber's firepower is likely worth the points.

They are both looking good, BTW - the weathering really makes them pop, though the sides of the toy tank turret could perhaps use some more (as they are flat and smooth without much detail, they don't catch the paint like the other parts of the tank, making them seem oddly unweathered in comparison).

But really, I'm nit picking. :)

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Ruminahui, thanks for the feedback! Yes, I can go back and add some weathering as well as a heavy stubber to the toy tank turret.

For weathering, I'll give it another wash using Doombull Brown acrylic rather than red paint once the oil paints have dried and been sealed. I'll also give it a dusting of weathering powder and I have a spare Ad Mech stubber I will add.

Hello everyone, my 2nd vow consisting of 2 Renegades and Heretics Leman Russes is complete!

As usual, this has been a great ETL. I've really enjoyed and been inspired by the incredible hobbying being done in the various forums.

Here are some pictures:

Both Russes together

gallery_88062_14499_3755.jpg

Closeups of both turrets

gallery_88062_14499_56373.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_65630.jpg

Closeup of the stowage on the rear of each tank

gallery_88062_14499_34360.jpg

gallery_88062_14499_72177.jpg

Khorne's Ire, seen from left front oblique

gallery_88062_14499_1670.jpg

And Reaver seen from the left front oblique

gallery_88062_14499_52429.jpg

Khornate symbol on Khorne's Ire

gallery_88062_14499_3036.jpg

Reaver, seen from the left

gallery_88062_14499_68120.jpg

This was my first time using weathering powders. I think I got a bit carried away. :)

Enjoy the pics!

Nostroman 9th, "Hell's horde"

Excellent work!  The addition of the stubber looks great - for those familiar with that particular toy tank (as I am), the stubber barrel definitely helps disguise the turret's origin and looks good in its own right as well. :)

Fantastic work and great weathering effect! 

Now, unless any of you guys chooses to go for another vow before the end of the event you are the first forum to have achieved 100% completion rate - and presently the only one! :D

Congratulations to both! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well, you can sit back and enjoy the closing stages of ETL VII then! :lol:

Just letting you know that I am working on the bases but they won't be done by the end of the event. Since there's so few models I'd rather do them right than rush them.