Do any of you other Aeldari have any progress to show us?

...Kind of.

Look what arrived today! :biggrin.:

gallery_46204_9220_7668.jpg

So, as promised, here we go again! :happy.:

I, Acemund Debonair of the Liber Astartes, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the most despicable Xenos Dark Eldar (But really still the Liber) and vow to complete One (1) Succubus with Archite Glaive and Agonizer, of total value 76 Points (if my maths is right :sweat:) on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and cement my ascension to the upper echelons of Commorragh, and failure (which is NEVER an option) will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Here's the basecoated model, still on sprue:

gallery_46204_9220_46585.jpg

This is, I think, the last Dark Eldar I need to complete my fledgling army. Looking forward to getting some paint on this one! :happy.:

I'll do my best not to disappoint - I suspect she'll look more-or-less like my Archon does, only with more red, less gold, and a different fancy cape. :laugh.:

I've made a decent start on her already - got most of the red, gold/copper and flesh tones done, plus the cape - brown leather on the inside with grey fur on the outside.
The skin and both sides of the cape were done with contrast paints - once I get another day off I'll try and grab some pics, they've come out remarkably well. :happy.:

She's looking pretty good so far, by my standards (read: only a few clumsy mistakes :tongue.:), but she's still on the sprue so it's definitely early days yet. :laugh.:

EDIT:

In-progress pic, while the sun's still up:

gallery_46204_9220_243665.jpg

Edited by Ace Debonair

Not quite quick enough to make the weekly update, but let's see if we can't kick next week off with a bang!

VOW COMPLETED! :biggrin.:

gallery_46204_9220_80836.jpg

(Please forgive the shockingly bad lighting - it's 10 PM where I am and raining outside, so this is the best I can do :sweat:)

gallery_46204_9220_16876.jpg

This model, I must admit, gave me some trouble. Her face took something like 8 attempts and is still only (barely) tabletop quality. Weirder still, despite using the same paints for all of her skin, her face came out MUCH darker than the rest of her the first five or six times. :huh.:

On the other hand, and I won't lie, this is probably my favourite model in the entire Dark Eldar model range. It's got an air of frantic, charging aggression as well as a sense of grace in motion.

I've been a bit sneaky and thrown some contrast paints into the mix - her hair is Basilicanum Grey over an Etherium Blue basecoat - while it doesn't show up too well in the pictures, her hair has a faintly blue tint in reality.

The cape was also done entirely with contrast paints, except for the obligatory Agrax Earthshade wash.

gallery_46204_9220_50711.jpg

Next time I get a day off (more than a week away, which isn't ideal) I'll try and get some better pictures. :happy.:

Well, it might have given you trouble but the end-result is great! Whatever you did, worked... And it is a great model to begin with, so you should be rightly proud!

Now let's see someone else reporting a completion here, one more and it will propel the Aeldari's score to unprecedented highs! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Managed to sneak a better pic of my completed Succubus before heading off to work:

gallery_46204_9220_22340.jpg

I'd given her some blue facepaint like the Archon has on his helmet, but the last Earthshade wash has basically erased it, so I might have to redo that again some day.:sweat:

But otherwise, I'm pretty happy with her.:happy.:

Nice completion Ace! I really like the idea of layering different contrast paints over non-white backgrounds. Might be something I have to try out soon!

It might have taken me a little longer than I expected, but the Harlequin characters are all done! I'm going to try to push to get the bikes done before the next weekly update, but they will definitely be done by week 9 at least!

med_gallery_165386_15654_69352.jpg

med_gallery_165386_15654_20222.jpg

Looks good Shattered Rose, too good in fact! Any chance of more close-ups? Pleeeease? :laugh.:

Thank you! Of course I can post close-ups! Here are some shots I took of each individually.

med_gallery_165386_15654_85147.jpg

med_gallery_165386_15654_36339.jpg

med_gallery_165386_15654_46308.jpg

med_gallery_165386_15654_2295.jpg

med_gallery_165386_15654_12001.jpg

med_gallery_165386_15654_53988.jpg

med_gallery_165386_15654_87385.jpg

Update on my remaining minis:

I've made a lot of progress on the bikes, but I'm getting really burned out on these diamonds. I still have one more bike to do them on (both the hull and the players), then on to detailing. I'm thinking I won't be finished quite in time for the next cutoff, but will be done by the end of the weekend. Also, don't worry about their arms, they are all magnetized and just off camera.

med_gallery_165386_15654_244648.jpg

Those Harlequins look great.

It's making it very difficult to keep to my word and NOT buy any so my nephew can have an Eldar force that isn't like mine. :sweat::laugh.:

Thanks Ace! The harlequin models are really cool, if very time intensive to paint. They are quite fun on the table too, but are pretty similar to DE mechanics-wise though imo. If that's not a factor though, I'd definitely encourage getting some!:biggrin.:  (And making a pledge out of them... :wink:)

You're doing a great job here ShatteredRose, you just underline the brilliance of the Harlequin range and how spectacular it looks when done right! 

I hope we'll have your completion soon! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

As I suspected, I just missed the cutoff for the last update. However, I'm please to present my finished bikes!

med_gallery_165386_15654_252.jpg

med_gallery_165386_15654_70219.jpg

med_gallery_165386_15654_95249.jpg

There is a bit of texturing on some of them from priming, which I'm a bit disappointed about, but I quite like how they turned out otherwise. I used them in a test game of the new Apocolypse rules this weekend and they looked quite sharp on the table.

And with that, my Vow 1 is complete! :biggrin.: Here are some group shots of the entire vow together plus some of my already finished players.

med_gallery_165386_15654_146108.jpg

med_gallery_165386_15654_62114.jpg

Beatiful work there ShatteredRose! Those are amazing  - you really did justice to those very demanding models! You should be rightly proud!

Now how about the rest of the Aeldari? Any progress to report? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

*drums fingers nervously* :unsure.:

Look, I know I said I'd finished with my Dark Eldar, but:

I, Acemund Debonair of the Liber Astartes rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the most malicious Xenos Kabal of the Shattered World (But really still the Liber) and vow to complete Five (5) Scourges, with 2 Shardcarbines, a Dark Lance and a Splinter Cannon, with their Solarite wielding a Splinter Pistol and a Power Lance. Their points total (if my maths is right) is a glorious 107 points, and they will be completed ascend on wings of dread on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and elevate me amongst the most powerful of Commorragh's scions, and failure (which is NEVER an option) will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

… I might have bought some Scourges. :ermm:

gallery_46204_9220_383935.jpg

(I'm using my old cutting board here, so I've included my completed succubus in the picture to prove it's still my stuff :biggrin.:)

… Also I might have begun something fell and terrible with this project.
Oh, I'll just show you.

gallery_46204_9220_206942.jpg

Fancy custom made bases! :ph34r.:
If these turn out looking good, I'm going to have to rebase everything I own. :eek:

I'm almost hoping they're a failure... :tongue.::laugh.:

Edited by Ace Debonair

… I might have bought some Scourges. :ermm:

Ha, you think? 

Good luck mate - great initiative you're showing there with the bases - especially if they turn out to be a success! :yes:

UPDATED TO THUIS POINT!