Progress so far:

gallery_46204_9220_94020.jpg

This fly guy just needs a few washes (and the occasional touch up here and there) and I'll be 1/5th of the way through my vow!

The bases have turned out to be a huge success - this will inevitably be a solid foundation (bad pun, forgive me) for a large-scale, horrifyingly expensive rebasing project at a later date.

A better shot of the base (and dat wingspan)

gallery_46204_9220_37994.jpg

Looks good Ace! Lovely work on the feathers! :thumbsup:

Thanks chief!

I won't lie, they're done with just Contrast paints and washes - but the effect is a level beyond what I'm normally capable of, so I'm pretty happy with them! :happy.:

Progress report: I'm one good Agrax Earthshade wash away from finishing this vow and having five complete Scourges.

Come on, brothers - the Aeldari may be a dying race, but we're not dead yet!

Let's get paint to plastic and show the rest of these upstarts where the true power lies! :biggrin.:

Vow Completed!

EDIT:

I only just noticed my group shot is actually obscuring one of the scourges almost entirely.:wallbash: I'll try and get another later if I get time! :sweat:

gallery_46204_9220_107382.jpg

More Pics below:

Solarite with Splinter Pistol and Power Lance:
gallery_46204_9220_33189.jpg

A bonus shot of the Solarite's wings (partly done in Dark Angels Green as a salute to Captain Semper for running the ETL:)
gallery_46204_9220_93870.jpg

Scourge with Splinter Cannon:
gallery_46204_9220_98722.jpg

Scourge with Dark Lance:
gallery_46204_9220_137926.jpg

Scourge with Splinter Rifle:
gallery_46204_9220_126076.jpg

Other Scourge with Splinter Rifle:
gallery_46204_9220_22350.jpg
Edited by Ace Debonair

Looks great everyone!

I've finally got another update. Just finished up my Voidweaver, and finished my Wraithguard a few weeks ago.

med_gallery_160306_15525_15861.jpg

med_gallery_160306_15525_52089.jpg

Next up, guardians. I finished building them and realized the boxes only had 8, so I added a couple I built a while ago. I hope to have them done in the next couple days.

med_gallery_160306_15525_195083.jpg

Wow, nice work TheLitheTiger!
Those Wraithguard look fantastic - that blue is very striking! The voidweaver looks great too, those purple highlights make the back bit pop every bit as much as the front does! :biggrin.:

Looking forward to seeing your guardians completed!:thumbsup:

For my part, since it's not raining this morning (a rare sight 'round here) I thought I'd snap a quick pic of everything I've painted up for this year's ETL:

gallery_46204_9220_83407.jpg

[Pictured above: Archon Mephirion the Bleak and Succubus Idarileth Skinsplitter launching an ambush, accompanied by Wracks and Scourges of the Kabal of the Shattered World.]

Also, I finally fixed Idarileth's face paint, although I still can't get a non-blurry picture of it - this was the best of the dozen or so I tried to take:

gallery_46204_9220_33284.jpg

In real life the blue paint's a lot more visible, honestly! :sweat: :laugh.:

Looks good TheLitheTiger! That Voidweaver is really something! I hope you'll make it before the deadline!

And Ace? Brilliant work mate - you worked methodically and you pulled it through! Well done man! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

church-doors.jpg

ETL VII IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was the most savage ETL that I can remember!!!

Now I will go through all the Outposts to make a LAST UPDATE later toady. After that, I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges.

What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Outpost and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Outposts as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up.

Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Outpost, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report.

Congratulations to all!

… I just realised I completed the most points out of any Dark Eldar participants this year. :laugh.: :blink.:

I mean, being the only Dark Eldar participant makes that a bit of a hollow victory, but it's still a victory and a personal goal met! :tongue.:

Looks like the totals are accurate for everyone in the Eldar forum, Captain. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing the final report! :happy.: