+++Necrontyr Outpost+++

Captain Semper

We have awakened

I'm calling this one done. I had to clear off my painting table a couple times over the past few weeks and lost a few gauss pieces on the doomsday arks and one of the stalker's little pincher claws, but otherwise here's 1388pts complete!

The gauss effect didn't work out as well as it first did on the destroyers, so I'm going to need to figure that method out again for my second pledge when that's ready. I'm really happy with the colour of the bases, I was really stuck on that decision but I think it complements the rusty colour of the crons without being a whole tide of brown.

Pledge 2 is already nearly assembled -- including some kitbashed flayed ones -- but I'm gonna take a few days to enjoy not fretting about gauss glow first!

IMG 2861

IMG 2853

IMG 2847

IMG 2852

IMG 2851

IMG 2850

IMG 2849

IMG 2859

IMG 2858

IMG 2856

IMG 2855

i have finished some models. all that is left is the custom flayed ones :D

the army painter plate mail spray worked out really well. I am happy with the result of it.

5 lychguard, 10 praetorians, 1 cryptek, 1 cryptek with cloak, 1 overlord, 3 scarabs

10 flayed ones custom WIP

updated pictures

gallery_51734_15631_198801.jpg

gallery_51734_15631_51182.jpg

Edited by Mechanicus_Adept

So I've been basically done for weeks. I need to base my models, but I'm out of my Martian iron-whichever and all the FLGS around me have been out. One just told me it's discontinued so if that's true I'll need to rebase my whole army, so I'm just gonna call these done and worry about that later.

3LRn37l.jpg

q94M3pS.jpg

VZyWzz9.jpg

Nice work Tyriks, what spray did you use on those :wub:

Mithril

++EDIT++ 

Also Tyriks the new technical paint "Mordant Earth" is the same thing it's just black instead of being ochre red ...just use that and paint it with khorne red and some orange mixed in :thumbsup:  

Edited by mithrilforge

I tried doing a few other models with Armageddon dunes and painting it red but it doesn't look very good. I think I need new shades of red/orange.

My spray is leadbelcher, washed it all with the gloss nuln oil which helps with the luster a little.

Edited by Tyriks

Well, well, well... 

Nothing for so long and then two completions one after the other. And what completions they were! Congratulations Boyadventurer and Tyriks - you have helped the Necrons immensely and you should rightly be proud. 

Now let's see some more completion coming your way - it's very easy to reach a high completion rate! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So I've been basically done for weeks. I need to base my models, but I'm out of my Martian iron-whichever and all the FLGS around me have been out. One just told me it's discontinued so if that's true I'll need to rebase my whole army, so I'm just gonna call these done and worry about that later.

3LRn37l.jpg

q94M3pS.jpg

VZyWzz9.jpg

Awesome completions here. Go Xenos!

I also saw your problem with the Martian earth. Maybe this might help?: http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/inicio/942-crackle-paint-martian-earth-60ml.html

I do hereby declare my first vow complete!

It was the dark cycle on this side of Seranon, the icebound crownworld of the Naculan dynasty. For four hundred days, it would be cloaked in the darkness of space, with nought but the stars and the defense fleet to illuminate its surface.

Prowling in the inky black night was the Shadow Legion, the Phaeron’s answer to the night and all its dangers and opportunities. Assigned to the authority of the Deathmark Vizier Rezak the Executioner, they were responsible for patrolling the parts of the Crownworld that were undergoing the dark cycle, and were built specially for the task.

Those of the Shadow Legion—primarily Warriors and Immortals, though there were phalanxes of Deathmarks and Lychguard—were equipped with hardware that enabled them to move silently, see and hear perfectly in the night, and were provided with phalanx-level shadowlooms that twisted the darkness around them to obscure them from the vision of any who cared to look.

This hour saw First Phalanx on guard on the outskirts of the Forge Labs, where the Thunderseeker and his compatriots of the Crypteks experimented with new war machines. Silently they marched through the blizzard, caring not one whit for the argument that had exploded inside the labs.

Break

YOU DID WHAT!?!? thundered Sarnakh the Sunderer, Phaeron of the Naculan. His hand gripped dangerously around the hilt of his Warscythe, thumb dangerously close to the rune that would extend it to its full, deadly length.

Therek Thunderseeker, chief scientist and advisor to the Phaeron, however, was undeterred. Mood swings often struck his friend, and this one was no more dangerous than any other he had when confronted with new science.

That did not, however, mean he would be deliberately antagonistic to his friend and master.

“My Phaeron, please understand what I have been able to accomplish! This Magos, he willingly sought us out! When you kidnapped several of the Mechanicum from the Αυγή Λεπίδες, one wished to stay.

“The Αυγή Λεπίδες, sorry to say, forcibly removed him after you teleported them back to their camp, but he returned recently with his own warriors. Marvelous creations, I must say. Bound completely to his will, and not a one of them care where they are.” He snorted in amusement, and had he still been flesh his face would have contorted into a smirk. “They even believe us to be an aspect of their god.”

“Yes, and tell me what happened the last time a technologically-minded species found their gods made metal?” asked the Sunderer idly, though his tone was anything but.

Therek bowed his head slightly in deference. “Of course, my liege. However, please consider.” He gestured to the magos—now armed with a particle lance, transdimensional beamer, and a wicked pair of claws more oft found on Wraiths—and his men. “They are stronger than ever, and can handle our weaponry. This here is but one squad, and there are two more of them on guard duty that you surely saw. He has in orbit an entire warship filled with these men, ready and willing to become subservient to us and the Triarch.”

“Therek, they are human. Augmented, yes, upgraded, yes, but still human and weak. They cannot rise from lethal wounds as you and I would.” The Phaeron’s anger had cooled somewhat, he was not going to behead Therek as had occasionally been done in the past.

“Respectfully, my lord, I think you shall find that to be incorrect. Magos, would you demonstrate?”

A burst of binaric spat from the tech-priest’s robes and with one swift motion he snipped the head off of one of the skitarii, which rolled until it hit the leg of one of the Warriors patrolling the lab. It picked the head back up, setting its carbine aside, and handed it to Therek.

The Thunderseeker held out the head, which was taken from his hands by the decapitated techno-horror before being reattached.

“As you can see, they possess rudimentary reanimation protocols. They won’t survive a direct explosion like some more fortunate warriors have, but they’ll last far longer than mortal troops.”

“I must hand it to you, Therek. You have outdone yourself once more.” The Phaeron drew his blade to his throat in salute.

Therek placed his claws across his. “You flatter me, my friend.” The Thunderseeker did not mention that he had only been overseeing the project and that they would be assigned under another Cryptek with more experience handling converts and mindshackled enemies, and held theoretical ownership of the Triarch Striders.

The Sunderer turned and pointed at the Magos. “You. What is your designation?”

“My designation was Tuscon-Theta-Seven. However, I believe a new designation is in order to reflect my change in status and allegiance.”

“You may be right—“ Tuscon-Theta-Seven replied, but he was cut off by a howling wind, greater than had been heard in more than a standard Seranon orbit. It rattled in the thin wintery air, like the teeth of a chilled mammalian creature.

Therek’s eyes lit up in a poor facsimile of a smile. “I think the wind has given us an answer.”

“Tell me Tuscon. How does Coldhowl sound?”

A blurt of binaric filled the air. “I think that I shall enjoy that designation.”

And outside, the wind blustered and blew, disturbing only the snow, for nothing else was aware enough outside the lab to be bothered.

Coldhowl Front

Coldhowl himself, in all his mechanical glory. Snip snip, pew pew.

Coldhowl's Skitarii

His Skitarii, with the two lab assistant warriors.

First Phalanx, Shadow Leigon

Shadow Legion, First Phalanx. If requested I will provide a better photo but I felt this fit their character well.

Congratulations Lenoch! :woot:

With this completion the Necrons are currently leading the Xenos Faction and are ahead all the IFOR and the AoD-T! Wow! 

I also hope you're entering the story to the Mark of the Liber! It's getting kind of quiet there... ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'm starting to get vow #2 ready to go. I'm going to be applying the texture paints on the bases before priming this time, it'll save a lot of effort this time around. Too bad they don't have Rhinox Hide spray any more.

I've got another ~1,500 points lined up for this batch, which is everything else I have in my collection so far. I'm hoping these will go by a lot faster since I won't be humming and hawing about colour schemes.

I'm starting to get vow #2 ready to go. I'm going to be applying the texture paints on the bases before priming this time, it'll save a lot of effort this time around. Too bad they don't have Rhinox Hide spray any more.

I've got another ~1,500 points lined up for this batch, which is everything else I have in my collection so far. I'm hoping these will go by a lot faster since I won't be humming and hawing about colour schemes.

That's the Spirit :thumbsup:  Once you know how you want to paint em... pedal to the metal !! :laugh.: 

i am attempting that too, thanks for the inspiration Boyadventurer :cool.:  

Cheers, Mithril

Round two

I boyadventurer rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Necrontyr and vow to complete:
1x Forgebane Cryptek

10x Gauss Immortals

10x Tesla Immortals

36x Necron Warriors

6x Scarab Swarms

6x Kitbashed Flayed Ones

5x Triarch Praetorians

of total value 1,091 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Between the rusty undercoat and the brown dirt bases, I'm *really* feeling the loss of the Rhinox Hide spray. BRB while I spend the whole day airbrushing these boys brown.

IMG 2908

IMG 2909

gallery_8941_15721_209155.jpg

Yay! It worked! :smile.:

Using Firefox and the B&C as a host...

So: silverprimed Necron Lord, with resurrection orb. I have no need for the orb (I've already got something like this model) so the orb will be replaced by a skull, or I'll repose/replace the whole arm. Have to see what works here.

I have to attatch the other arm as well. After that it's a newish paintjob, more darker than this. Perhaps some colour as well.

I finally have some spare time to do this, other painting chores are either done or not immediately needed (BBowl in Dornbirn is in Oct. so I have still have time :smile.:).

Cheers,

Jan