+++Necrontyr Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Excellent! A substantial re-vowing from the boyadventurer and a completion by Midlight! Things are looking up despite the (hopefully temporary) hit to the completion rate due to boyadventurer's re-vowing. That's a technical thing and will be reversed upon completion of this vow...

Any more progress to report guys? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I think I will have a new vow shortly. Just need to make sure my FLGS actually has leadbelcher spray. I just need to decide what to vow - Tesseract Vault never sees play but would be a lot of points. But since it never sees play I might struggle to motivate myself. But it would be nice to have it painted...

I'm getting second vow stuff ready so when i spray my last part of my first vow(this weekend hopefully) i can smash the second one completely with it's undercoat as well :wink: 

I guess i'm not showing much but i intend to dump a fair bit in one go!!

Mithril 

”Heiress Kani and the Vargard Chronozak,” announced the functionary standing guard at the doorway to the throne room. The Phaeron rose from his throne, warscythe in hand. They knelt, and he bid them rise.

"Greetings, Kani, Chronozak. We have an assignment for you."

"Is it regarding the message?" Kani questioned, intelligent enough to know not to speak out loud of the Triarch's dealings except in private.

The Phaeron only nodded gravely. "You are to take a ship to the Archive World. Collect the Cataloguer; he has data we require. Go swiftly, and do not fail us."

Kani bowed, then placed her claws at her throat. "We live to serve, my lord."

The Phaeron turned slightly towards Chronozak, and transmitted over interstitial command burst, *keep her safe*.

*You know I will* was the reply. It was the work of microseconds.

"Now go," the Sunderer spoke. "Tell the Cataloguer that his Phaeron has need of him."

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, rise once more to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux for the glory of the Necrontyr Forum and the Liber! I vow to complete
- 1 Overlord with Voidscythe and Resurrection Orb
- 1 Overlord with Hyperphase Sword
- 6 Canoptek Wraiths with Whipcoils
- 3 Canoptek Scarabs
- 1 Cryptek with Chronometron
- 1 Heavy Destroyer
- And 1 Seraptek Heavy Construct armed with Synaptic Obliterators and Transdimensional Projectors
Worth a sum of one thousand, three hundred and seventy two (1,372) points, on or before the 1st of September, 2019. Success shall bring glory to myself, the Liber, and the Silent King; failure shall see me doomed to wear the badge of Oathbreaker till year’s end.

ETL 2019 Vow 2 start

As a challenge, now that a Necron superheavy is within the range of possibilities for this ETL (there will be lore in this when I post it in the Tau outpost).

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, issue a challenge to xenos of the Tau species. Resistance is futile, but if it is entertaining (I.e. if y’all have a higher final score at the end of ETL than the Necrontyr), than I shall paint one unit of Tau Stealth Suits. Alternatively, if am an Oathbreaker this ETL, regardless of which faction is above the other, I shall paint a squad of Pathfinders. Best of luck!
(I was going to vow something more general, like '1 unit of battlesuits' but holy frak tau models are expensive!

Lore:

A flash of red light appeared in the air, and a lone Necron stepped forth from the glow.

She stood, and ignored the shouted hails in the T'au tongue. The Necron strode forward, and as she approached the chamber that held council for the T'au envoys, activated a hologram that bore in the T'au language a sign that said 'envoy'. The implicit promise of violence if she was attacked was evident in the ornate but lethal frame and weaponry she bore.

She stopped just before the door, though from her posture it was clear it was not meant to be in any way respectful, but rather one of annoyance.

After a hurried conversation that she could have understood if she had cared to, the door opened slowly, and the Necron diplomat stepped through the doorway.

She waited for no introduction, no call from any master-of-arms to announce her. She merely took the central podium and began to speak, the T'au language made harsh in her vocalizer.

"I am Diplomat-Secundus Aramka. I am authorized by my Phaeron, Sarnakh the Sunderer, ruler of Seranon, Shatterer of Dynasties, and Lord of the Naculan, to deliver to you, xenos of the T'au species, this message."

She stood straighter and a holo-projection appeared before her and the T'au council. The Phaeron Sarnakh stood before them, though it was but a facsimile made of light and forcefields.

"T'au Council. I am the Phaeron of the Naculan Dynasty, and I am here to issue you a warning."

"Do not interfere with our efforts. Our forces are mighty, and you would not survive direct confrontation."

He paused, and his posture softened a microfraction. "However, any valiant attempt made would be recognized. I would caution against it. But it would be recognized nonetheless."

"You have been warned, T'au. Resistance is futile," he growled. "I have no more to say."

The hologram faded, and Arakma relaxed slightly.

She bowed contemptuously in the manner that diplomats did. "You have heard my master's words."

And she vanished in a flash of red light as she teleported away, leaving the T'au to ponder what had been said.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch
added lore for challenge vow

Boom indeed! 

Although those big vows affect your completion rate thus lowering your SCR temporarily I hope, (an artificial side-effect of big vows dropping at the same time) you now have pledged the most points from all Xenos Forums... That makes you a good candidate for the top position. If you deliver. And if your rivals don't respond in kind...

Good luck guys!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Chaplain Dosjetka, answer the challenge of the Necrontyr. Your certainty is admirable, but our mutual destiny cannot be denied. If your final score at the end of the ETL exceeds ours then I will paint one unit of ten Necron Warriors to the best of my ability. Additionally if I am found an Oathbreaker then I will also paint an Overlord, Lord, two additional Warriors, five Immortals, and an Annihilation Barge. The best of luck to you as well.

Looks like Xenos forum supremacy might be withing our grasp! I've been getting distracted with all the new Marine action, but if I can hustle through the week (I just need to finish basing and do gauss glow on my 60ish infantry), I have another easy 500ish points in a C'tan, another 5 praetorians, and a couple characters. Got to pump this in to overdrive!

Of course, as soon as I boasted about being able to finish my vow over the weekend, I hit a wall. But things are looking good now. The Vault is almost done. 3/4 sides are painted and washed, and the inside is painted but not yet fully washed. I'll have to decide if I have a 4th vow in me. 3 will already be a record for me, so I may quit while I'm ahead, but I also would love for Necrons to pull out the big win here in the Xenos forums, so I have some thinking to do while I finish this up! Edited by Tyriks

BOOM!

cwEeMpN.jpg

I'm scouring my collection for something easy to paint for another vow. If I can find a character or something I'll do it, but I'm not sure I have any more vehicles or large squads in me right now. Plus I have some paint schemes I need to test out for my Chaos warband(s). But I'll see what I can do!

That looks fantastic mate!
Now I need to finish mine.

That said, I have a lot more detail and a fair more ancillary models to finish as well.

However, I have no intention of painting T'au, so rest assured I'm giving my vow my all right now.

Tyriks, this is a breathtaking model! I'm marking your vow as complete - but PLEASE do something about the base! PLEEEEEEASE!

Suffice to say that following this completion, you've stepped up your SCR significantly but you're still behind. And more than new vows, you need completions especially in the first AND second vows pool... ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!