+++Necrontyr Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I was going to test a new base option tonight, actually. I found the paints I used on terrain pieces, and I got some astrogranite debris. I'll slop it on there and then paint over it and see how it looks. It'll probably have better visual depth than the Martian crust, I'll try that out and if I like it I'll base this before I vow again. Edited by Tyriks

My terrain paints sat too long, I think. It's astrogranite debris under a very rich red topped with a bright orange drybrush. The red seemed fine but the orange was pretty thick and viscous, kinda sludgy. It did not go on very well. I'll leave it for this base but I'll need to get new ones before I do any smaller bases. Not sure yet how I'll paint the debris. I have a game in the morning, I should be able to finish this right after.

GTfKHoA.jpg

Here it is on the battlemat I'm trying to match. Not too bad, I think.

sJPzn50.jpg

Edited by Tyriks

Alright, I got the debris painted so time to consider another vow. I have a lot of unpainted warriors but I just don't know if I'll have the patience to get a squad done in time. I also have a few vehicles and at least one character to consider. I'll decide soon. I'll probably just vow whatever characters I can find and paint everything else after the ETL.

1SCgfW0.jpg

Digging around looking for characters I found the perfect vow, so here goes.

I vow to paint by the end of this month 5 destroyers (250 pts), one destroyer lord with staff of light and resurrection orb (155 points), one lord with a staff of light (75 points), one overlord with a warscythe (93 points).

YxMDiVF.jpg

I considered making the Scythe a Voidscythe since that's kind of what the model is, but I doubt I'd ever field him with one so I felt like it would be disingenuous. So if we lose by about 11 points, we all know who to blame. The paint is dry to the touch already so I might just give it another little bit and jump right in...

Edit sorry the total point value is 573.

Edited by Tyriks

Just white and a wash left for me to do! It's been hard finding the time but this will be done when I get home later tonight.

48559917277_d63201f117_z.jpg

Captain Semper, I recently got a bunch of models that I could vow but they are already painted by the previous owner. I plan on repainting them entirely but don't plan on priming them first since the initial coat is thin enough I don't really need to go through the strip/spray process to get what I want out of the models. Am I allowed to vow them?

This went much quicker than expected and I'm ready to call it done. Wish I had more destroyers to paint!

The destroyers:

a7tenvN.jpg

The destroyer lord:

tlM2pIT.jpg

The lord. I primed him gunmetal and then brushed on Grey seer on the cloak so it would look different than his shoulders. I cannot for the life of me tell that it's different, so future cloaked Lords will probably have Magos Purple cloaks instead. Or just go back to Xereus or something.

05rP8TG.jpg

And finally, Nomarch Ka Sairon. I'm even more pleased with this conversion now that he's painted! I'm considering doing one shoulder in a dark blue as a visual cue for him and any cc units I paint to be a different dynasty, but first I'd need to actually get some proper cc units. I'm leaving the base blank for now, when he makes a glorious kill I'm going to model his defeated enemy on the base.

7HHd2dI.jpg

Now I'm back where I was yesterday morning. I have one more vow, and I do have a Monolith to paint, but I don't know if I'm ready to paint that yet. If I don't do that I might at least do a few Wraiths or something. I'll have to sleep on that!

Edited by Tyriks

The Necron forum is becoming Team Tyriks :lol: Way to go!! I know this is setting some painting records for you as well. You're bordering on commission-painter efficiency! :tu: Edited by NTaW

Nice job guys! I'm happy to report in that even though I was messing around with Warcry stuff most of the weekend, I still managed to get all the bases done for my 60ish infantry pieces and only need to finish the gauss glow effect now -- admittedly that is the part I dread the most and really want to drag my feet on. If I can get them done over the next few evenings, I think I can motor through another small pledge before the end.

I see the Necron are going on overdrive! Good!

Captain Semper, I recently got a bunch of models that I could vow but they are already painted by the previous owner. I plan on repainting them entirely but don't plan on priming them first since the initial coat is thin enough I don't really need to go through the strip/spray process to get what I want out of the models. Am I allowed to vow them?

If you paint over them completely then they are fine. 

This went much quicker than expected and I'm ready to call it done. Wish I had more destroyers to paint!

Hidden Content

The destroyers:
a7tenvN.jpg

The destroyer lord:
tlM2pIT.jpg

The lord. I primed him gunmetal and then brushed on Grey seer on the cloak so it would look different than his shoulders. I cannot for the life of me tell that it's different, so future cloaked Lords will probably have Magos Purple cloaks instead. Or just go back to Xereus or something.
05rP8TG.jpg

And finally, Nomarch Ka Sairon. I'm even more pleased with this conversion now that he's painted! I'm considering doing one shoulder in a dark blue as a visual cue for him and any cc units I paint to be a different dynasty, but first I'd need to actually get some proper cc units. I'm leaving the base blank for now, when he makes a glorious kill I'm going to model his defeated enemy on the base.
7HHd2dI.jpg

Now I'm back where I was yesterday morning. I have one more vow, and I do have a Monolith to paint, but I don't know if I'm ready to paint that yet. If I don't do that I might at least do a few Wraiths or something. I'll have to sleep on that!

I assume this is a completion? I've registered it as such but please confirm.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well, there's no glory in silver, so here's my fifth vow:

One Monolith (320) and 6 Wraiths without any upgrades (288) totaling 608 points.

yTWjjSl.jpg

8Tb7mJz.jpg

If I can get the monolith done quickly I feel confident I can get the Wraiths taken care of. We will see!

BOOM!!.... Again :woot:

I need to dig out my "Team Tyriks" T-shirt... i have it here somewhere  ... :laugh.:

Well done tyriks:thumbsup: (and everyone else that's vowing too),... i gotta finish my stoopid ghost ark tonight and post a completion tomorrow, so i can pledge my Overlord and Nightscythe and get em done before the end :ohmy.:

Mithril

@ Tyriks: :eek: You sure man? Well too late now - vow is registered! :devil:  Good luck mate!

@ mithril: Boom indeed! How's your vow coming along? ;)

@ JaM: Look very good and tidy man - congrats! I take it this is vow complete? Let me know if not...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Here's a nice chunk for you to get to cross off Semper

6 Scarab bases

IMG 2989

6 Flayed ones

IMG 2990

36 Warriors

IMG 2991

20 Immortals

IMG 2995

5 Triarch Praetorians and 1 Cryptek

IMG 2993

And for my next trick, let's try to get one more pledge done in a week!
I boyadventurer rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Necrontyr and vow to complete:

1x Destroyer Lord

1x Cryptek w/ chronometron

5x Triatch Praetorians

1x C'tan Shard of the Nightbringer

of total value 524 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

IMG 2996

A trick indeed, Boyadventurer! Hopefully you can complete that vow before the end of the month!

In my own progress reporting, I'm pleased to say that after a minor heart attack about missing pieces, I've made significant progress on my seraptek and the rest of my vow. The characters, destroyer, and scarabs are done, leaving me with the seraptek and wraiths left to finish. I may just have a real shot at this.