Yes... personally (when I was into Tau back in the day) I went for high contrast for those stripes. But in this case the contrast is achieved by the red missiles and the soon to arrive yellow helmets (assuming the art will be followed through). So the subtle stripes work very well! :smile.:

Nope, the yellow is the Sept colour of Sa'cea. The (unfinished) green you see in the pic is what marks mine as Ksi'm'yen.

Forgive me brothers.

I, Brother Carn, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for The Greater Good on the side of the glorious T'au Empire and vow to complete the following units of total value 679 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Commander in XV8 Crisis Battlesuit, 3xMissile Pods, ATS, two shield Drones - 153 pts

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuid, 4xFusion blaster - 162 pts

Cadre Fireblade - 42 pts

Strike Team, 5 man and shield drone - 48 pts

Firesight Marksman - 25 pts

Hammerhead, SMS, Ion cannon - 165 pts

Stealth battlesuits, 3 man - 84 pts

med_gallery_82196_15547_625543.jpg

So after pleading for blood angels last year and Imperial Fist the ETL before that I thought to join the Tau Empire for the greater good this year. Got a Tau army when they where released back in the days, so got plenty of fire warriors, Kroots and some suits. So I thought, adding a few of the new suits and I'm done with a decent 2k army. But.. The painting quality was not that great on the old models...(you see some trace on the hammerhead) So I decided that I have to repaint them. Well well.

So here we go

Into the Darkness!

Welcome to Marshal van Trapp and Brother Carn! With your vows you have placed the Tau at at par with the Necrons in terms of participants and at the lead of the Xenos in terms of points! Speaking of which, Marshal, you have a very good chance to claim the title of the Champion for the Tau and the Xenos Faction Master! :woot:

Good luck to both! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yeap, the Necrons now have more participants but you guys have the most points - about 1k its more to be exact. That means proportionally heavier burden so make sure you deliver! :D

Yeap, the Necrons now have more participants but you guys have the most points - about 1k its more to be exact. That means proportionally heavier burden so make sure you deliver! :D

I will deliver! I've been holding off painting my tau for ETL because I knew I wouldn't get any other armies built and primed in time for this year (except maybe my wolves)

Edit: also I have a question, I was planning to do a squad of auxiliary using skaven to make space rats (skaven bodies, legs and heads with tau arms, weapons and extra bits), would that conversion be too far off to use them as firewarriors for a vow?

Edited by Marshal van Trapp

In this business you hear all sort of crazy stuff... Rat-Tau... I mean, what are the odds someone actually came up with that? :lol

Well, your minis, your call... If you pull of the conversion and it looks of similar size and complexity to Fire Warriors, there is no problem ETL-wise.

Are you sure they will not be a better fit as count-as Kroots? 

Edit: also I have a question, I was planning to do a squad of auxiliary using skaven to make space rats (skaven bodies, legs and heads with tau arms, weapons and extra bits), would that conversion be too far off to use them as firewarriors for a vow?

A bit like this :)

http://www.advancedtautactica.com/resource/aux_guide/hrud.jpg

Lets keep the momentum going fellow Shas...

For The Greater Good!

OK guys, what you really need is more recruits - you still have pledged more points than all other Xenos but Tyranids have the same amount of participants and the Nectrons one more. That means that the optical advantage that you have right now has i) a higher risk as your average vow is almost 950 vs. say the Necrons that is 600 and the Tyranids that is 550pts and ii) this advantage may change as the event progresses - given that people may revow  and achieve similar results and less risky steps...

More recruits could secure your dominant position and lack of them will make you struggle. 

FOR THE GREATER GOOD DAMMIT!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Celebrandas, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for The Greater Good on the side of the glorious T'au Empire and vow to complete the following units of total value 111 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ETL entry

That is 1x Broadside w/Heavy Rail Rifle, 2x Plasma Rifles, Seeker Missile, 1x Gun Drone, and 1x Shield Drone.