As is my nature, I ended up deciding to pick up the last of the Apocalypse boxes from my discount retailer of choice ... so it looks like I'm going Triptide on my next vow.

I'm actually looking forward to being a bit more adventurous with these suits and trying to give them some more dynamic posing than a lot of the more rigid and/or uniform ones I already have.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

Vow 2

I, Shas'Vre El'mo, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for The Greater Good on the side of the glorious T'au Empire and vow to complete the following units of total value 272pts on or before September 1st, 2019.

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_62353_11005_28820.jpg

2 x TX78 Sky Ray Gunship [136pts each]

2x Markerlight, 6x Seeker missile, 2x MV1 Gun Drone each

Wow! Talking about impressive! :eek:

This is an imposing piece there brother! Lovely paint job - great work on the camo! And with this completion you propelled the Tau to the first position within the Xenos Faction and, funnily enough, the Tau actually lead the entire ETL! :o

For the Greater Good! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

T'au in the lead in the ETL :eek:

gallery_62353_13282_182270.jpg

Beneath the protective umbrella of the shield relay, we are all but untouchable.
Once more, our science and enlightenment makes brings us closer to our ultimate aims.
Aun'Cho, Tau Ethereal

gallery_48988_15465_41.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE FIFTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE SIXTH WEEKLY UPDATE

Yeah, well, it was brief... currently it's the AoD-L that's doing it... :wink:

So here we are. I can finally declare Vow #2 Complete.

gallery_82168_15314_335272.jpg

gallery_82168_15314_675721.png

(The Stealth Suits' lenses are kinda horrible but that's because they'd been repainted enough times to obliterate all the detail in most cases. Making the 'best' of a bad situation.)

---

I have my Apocalypse box now, so I'll be building my third Riptide, a Coldstar and Drones and then revowing.

Very impressive indeed! With Dawnstar's completion you're now leading the Xenos Faction and you're second overall after the SM forum (but I have yet to update the AoD Forums - am scared to go there truth being told). 

Keep it up guys, you're doing great! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Vow #3

gallery_82168_15314_376386.jpg

That is:

2x Riptide Battlesuits w/Ion Accelerator, 2xFusion Blasters, Velocity Trackers, Target Locks and 2x Shielded Missile Drones - 686 points

1x Riptide Battlesuit w/Heavy Burst Cannon, 2xSmart Missile Systems, Advanced Targeting System, Target Lock and 2x Shielded Missile Drones - 330 points

1x Commander in Enforcer Battlesuit w/4xFusion Blasters - 148 points

So that's a total value of 1,164 points.

Eh, I'm only painting to a tabletop standard and not doing anything especially fancy. Nothing too impressive about it.

My supremely optimistic guess is that it'll take me another three weeks to get through this, but 4-5 is more likely.

Incoming, tau ethereal drone:

ZSjVh2A.jpg

I feel that tau should NOT be putting their most important individuals in harm's way, as such I decided a drone projecting an image of the leading ethereal was more fitting. Not sure how well the "hologram" effect came out but it looks good enough for me!

Hey Elmo, does those OG tech vanes on the right one do anything this edition? Rule of cool?

Nothing in this edition - just bling.

It did used to be for the support system which allowed you to land in difficult terrain - now I just stick them on cause I can ;)

Longstrike has 2 of them to help him stand out.

hammerhead_piloted_by_shas_la_t_au_sha_n