A flash of red light appeared in the air, and a lone Necron stepped forth from the glow.

She stood, and ignored the shouted hails in the T'au tongue. The Necron strode forward, and as she approached the chamber that held council for the T'au envoys, activated a hologram that bore in the T'au language a sign that said 'envoy'. The implicit promise of violence if she was attacked was evident in the ornate but lethal frame and weaponry she bore.

She stopped just before the door, though from her posture it was clear it was not meant to be in any way respectful, but rather one of annoyance.

After a hurried conversation that she could have understood if she had cared to, the door opened slowly, and the Necron diplomat stepped through the doorway.

She waited for no introduction, no call from any master-of-arms to announce her. She merely took the central podium and began to speak, the T'au language made harsh in her vocalizer.

"I am Diplomat-Secundus Aramka. I am authorized by my Phaeron, Sarnakh the Sunderer, ruler of Seranon, Shatterer of Dynasties, and Lord of the Naculan, to deliver to you, xenos of the T'au species, this message."

She stood straighter and a holo-projection appeared before her and the T'au council. The Phaeron Sarnakh stood before them, though it was but a facsimile made of light and forcefields.

"T'au Council. I am the Phaeron of the Naculan Dynasty, and I am here to issue you a warning."

"Do not interfere with our efforts. Our forces are mighty, and you would not survive direct confrontation."

He paused, and his posture softened a microfraction. "However, any valiant attempt made would be recognized. I would caution against it. But it would be recognized nonetheless."

"You have been warned, T'au. Resistance is futile," he growled. "I have no more to say."

The hologram faded, and Arakma relaxed slightly.

She bowed contemptuously in the manner that diplomats did. "You have heard my master's words."

And she vanished in a flash of red light as she teleported away, leaving the T'au to ponder what had been said.

There was lore to be written and a story to be told. I do apologize to my fellow frater if it came across as overbearing. In any case, I am making a challenge vow!

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, issue a challenge to xenos of the Tau species. Resistance is futile, but if it is entertaining (I.e. if y’all have a higher final score at the end of ETL than the Necrontyr), than I shall paint one unit of Tau Stealth Suits. Alternatively, if am an Oathbreaker this ETL, regardless of which faction is above the other, I shall paint a squad of Pathfinders. Best of luck!

They're Necrons; it would be more surprising if it wasn't overbearing!

I'll certainly consider answering that challenge. I still have some Necron kits lying around from an earlier project.

---

On a more important note: I now declare Vow #3 Complete.

gallery_82168_15314_39307.jpg

All this progress is putting my own lack of effort to shame. :sweat: Time to muster the courage to combat procrastination and get my few units painted!

To expand upon this:

I made a secret ETL vow via PM to Semper as there was supposed to be an event with a few mates this coming weekend and I wanted to arrive with a brand new Xenos army and take them all by surprise. Unfortunately that event has now been postponed so I figure I can show so of my efforts so far. Semper will no doubt post the full details soon (as pre-arranged) but my vow consists of:

• Cadre Fireblade (42 pts)
  • Strike Team w/ Shas'ui and four Fire Warriors, all with pulse carabines (35 pts)
  • Strike Team w/ Shas'ui and four Fire Warriors, all with pulse carabines (35 pts)
  • Pathfinder Team w/ Shas'ui and four Pathfinders, two with pulse carabines with makerlights and three with ion rifles; and a MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone (60 pts)
  • Tactical Drones w/ two MV1 Gun Drones and two MV4 Shield Drones (40 pts)

Previously to making my vow (i.e. the below models are not from my vow), I had already pretty much completed the following:

gallery_45765_15742_213657.png

Some touch-ups are required but they're largerly done.

Seeing how well you were all progressing with your vows made me feel bad about not having done anything with my own so I've started to get my skates on. I decided to do a bit of hobby today after being inactive for a good few weeks/months and got some more model assembly done. All it took was 40 minutes of sitting down and not getting distracted, something which I hope I'll be able to replicate again over the coming weeks!

Anyway, thanks for the indirect encouragement, folks! :tu:

Cheers,

Dos

All this progress is putting my own lack of effort to shame. :sweat: Time to muster the courage to combat procrastination and get my few units painted!

To expand upon this:

I made a secret ETL vow via PM to Semper as there was supposed to be an event with a few mates this coming weekend and I wanted to arrive with a brand new Xenos army and take them all by surprise. Unfortunately that event has now been postponed so I figure I can show so of my efforts so far. Semper will no doubt post the full details soon (as pre-arranged) but my vow consists of:

• Pathfinder Team w/ Shas'ui and four Pathfinders, two with pulse carabines with makerlights and three with ion rifles; and a MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone (60 pts)

Previously to making my vow (i.e. the below models are not from my vow), I had already pretty much completed the following:

gallery_45765_15742_213657.png

Some touch-ups are required but they're largerly done.

Seeing how well you were all progressing with your vows made me feel bad about not having done anything with my own so I've started to get my skates on. I decided to do a bit of hobby today after being inactive for a good few weeks/months and got some more model assembly done. All it took was 40 minutes of sitting down and not getting distracted, something which I hope I'll be able to replicate again over the coming weeks!

Anyway, thanks for the indirect encouragement, folks! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Dos

Love the colour scheme and very cleanly executed as well!

Also it seems I'm not the only one who instinctively likes the Farsight pose for his Commander with Shield Gen. :D

oDGPMd5l.jpg

Cheers, sfPanzer. :)

And yes, the shield was too cool not to use! I don't actually use it as a piece of equipment though (right now he's got three fusion guns and a drone controller) and justify its presence as being a part of the Iridium armour upgrade. :D

Some really nice colours used there Chap and very well executed :thumbsup:  i get a nice anime/appleseed vibe from em :cool.:  very cool.

SfPanzer-  for the emperors  sake,paint that damn grey mini bud :tongue.:..

Mithril  

SfPanzer-  for the emperors  sake,paint that damn grey mini bud :tongue.:..

The picture is already over a year old ... not gonna say it's painted yet though. :P

Currently I'm busy enough painting my BA successor and got little interest in my T'au, though Apoc is a good chance to change that!

Time for Vow #4

gallery_82168_15314_32507.jpg

1x K128 Stormsurge w/Pulse Driver Cannon, 2x Burst Cannons, Advanced Targeting System and Shield Generator - 409 points

---

As for the other thing ...

I, Commander Dawnstar, answer the challenge of the Necron. Your certainty is admirable, but our mutual destiny cannot be denied. If your final score at the end of the ETL exceeds ours then I will paint one unit of Lychguard to the best of my ability. Additionally if I am found an Oathbreaker then I will also paint a Ghost Ark. The best of luck to you as well.

Well done guys - the Tau are really rising to the occasion! 

I can see Dawnstar is really driving for not only Champion of the Tau but possibly Master of the Xenos! :ohmy.: And also see that the challenges between Tau and Necrons are building up! 

Just a note on Chaplain Dosjetka's vow and to make it absolutely clear that it was made on time, here's the original with the time-stamp:

Hi Semper,

Here's my official first vow:

I, Chaplain Dosjetka, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for The Greater Good on the side of the glorious T'au Empire and vow to complete the following units of total value 212 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

1st vow content:

1st vow starting picture:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W91Q4lQa3UQZkzxhFhlvb5QUeQZYGDG4

Cheers,

Dos

The understanding was that there would be no announcement until August 11 at which time it would become public no matter what. As it happens Dos decided to come forward earlier than the agreed deadline of Aug 11 - which is fine by me. 

Well, now everything is in order. :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Just keep working at it. That's all you can do and all we ask of you <3

I think my Stormsurge is wholly up to the point where I can start recess shading it but I'm probably not going to be able to do much to it for the next two days.