Progress update:

I technically have one Riptide about 99% complete bar basing - just the lenses and some other touch ups to go. I say technically because it seems there was a bit of a mix-up and I actually painted the left arm from one of the other Riptides (incompatible due to a messy removal).

I'm kinda shocked. This will only have taken me a little into the fourth day when it's finished and I was I was expecting 5-7 to get each 'tide done.

So I've hit a slight speed bump on the progress on my Broadside and drones. The paints I was using for the color scheme just weren't cooperating. I think I just had some bad bottles because I don't think it should take 5 layers to get good coverage of Dark Prussian Blue over a very light grey primer. I've got some paints coming in from the recent Scale75 kickstarter, but if I don't get the tracking email in the next week or so, I'll have to figure out something else.

Hi all! I'm back from vacation and have a update on my vow! The Breachers are finished:

N14B4me.jpg

LBl1ap7.jpg

(more pics at my wip blog: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356044-levis-kill-team-blog-current-team-tau/?p=5348769)

The Cadre Fireblade is next and with that the first vow will be complete! :D

Really impressed with those models, Leviathus. That's some fantastic work.

I've been really struggling for momentum lately, or at least that's how it feels. I think it's taken me about three days to do work that only took me around one on the first Riptide.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

Progress Update:

I'm expecting to have Riptide #2 finished by the end of the day, so that'll leave me with the third Riptide, Commander and six Drones still to go. It's supremely unlikely I'll have all that finished by next Saturday but I feel comfortable penciling completion in for something like the 1st-3rd of next month.

After that I'll be vowing the Stormsurge alone (to make absolutely sure it gets finished) and then seeing how much time that leaves me for a fifth vow to close things out.

You are a force of nature Dawnstar! :tu: Keep at it. 

Now let's see some completions form people other than Dawnstar and Elmo! It will make a huge difference to the Tau's cause!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

You are a force of nature Dawnstar! :thumbsup: Keep at it.

As much as I appreciate the compliment, I'm really not. I'm actually going through a pretty unproductive period right now.

I've just got a series of goals and I'm going to meet them ... eventually.

After lacking motivation to work on my broadside since my paints I was using weren’t cooperating, I remembered that I had some similar paints that usually cover much better. I forgot that my brighter P3 paints cover amazingly well compared to my Vallejo colors. It’ll change the shades a bit, but it’ll be close to the original idea.

I'm tentatively going to say I'll have my Commander finished sometime tomorrow, so then I'll be onto the last Riptide and Drones. At this time I think my current target of 8-10 days to completion sounds very achievable.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

Great progress Marshall von Trapp, love the green as a spot colour... :tu:

Keep going guys, there is stiff competition from the other Xenos Forums - you really need to apply yourselves! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!