Okay. I'm basically done with the first round of recess shading - not a very fun experience.

There's going to be a lot of clean-up to do after the second round of shading, but at this point I'm willing to say it's theoretically possible (however unlikely) that I could be finished with this by next Sunday.

Look good Dawnstar!!! The colour combo really works and it's a very nice, clean paint job - very Tau... ;)

But I'm begging to get a bit worried with the Tau effort... is van Trapp around? Dos? Carn? Where are you guys? And Elmo? your 1,200 pts completion is in jeopardy if you do not complete those last 272pts... :confused:

C'mon guys, for the Greater Good!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So Shas... time is running down. I don't plan to do any more vows as the risk is too high to fail and loose all the points I have.

Can we have an update from:

Brother Carn: Vow 1 (679)

Chaplain Dosjetka: Vow 1 (212)

Marshal van Trapp: Vow 1 (1,660)

you guys have been quiet for a while and the Empire is missing you :teehee: A 100% completion rate would be a fantastic achievement and we still have over a week to get it.

gallery_62353_10059_33012.jpg

I'm contemplating doing another vow as a completion today will still give me nine full days to play with.

I've definitely done 3 Crisis Suits in 4-6 days before, but I might just play it uber-safe and do my remaining five Drones or something similarly quick.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

I'm contemplating doing another vow as a completion today will still give me nine full days to play with.

I've definitely done 3 Crisis Suits in 4-6 days before, but I might just play it uber-safe and do my remaining five Drones or something similarly quick.

Just remember if you fall at the last hurdle all your vows are voided. I would play safe and just do something very quick and leave yourself some extra days for any overrun.

And here we go: I'm now in a position to declare Vow #4 Complete.

gallery_82168_15314_243584.pnggallery_82168_15314_343511.png

I'm definitely going to have to go back and add to the base at some point, but for now I'm certainly happy with how things have turned out.

Dawnstar, that thing is amazing! I've gotta really work on improving my painting skills if I ever want to match that!

As for everyone else: Good job on finishing your vows for those who have! I haven't commented much because of work lately, but everything looks great! For those who haven't: keep going! There's still time. Bigger units may be tough to finish in the time left, but it's still possible!

Aww, thanks. To be totally honest with you I'd say that my T'au stuff is a great example of how you don't actually need any kind of notable painting skill to get solid results on models that need to look 'clean,' just a lot of time and the patience to keep going back to clean up your mistakes over and over again. Outside of a little edge highlighting on a few small areas like the heads, it's genuinely just the result of starting from an all-over airbrush in the armour colour and then roughly blocking in colours (or the recess shading for the lines of the armour) before going back to clean everything up. Absolutely no fancy techniques on display there.

I think I'm going to go through my battleforce box and build up all the Drones. They're nice and simple, so there shouldn't be any problem with getting a bunch of those done in the time remaining.

Dawnstar, this is an impressive model! Very clean, very crisp, very Tau! Congratulations man!

Any chance you'll get to work on the base?

Also, Dawnstar can not win this on his own - let's see some more completions for the rest of the Tau!

@ Elmo: Pics man.... :wink:

Edit: Ninja'ed! :P

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Dawnstar, this is an impressive model! Very clean, very crisp, very Tau! Congratulations man!

Any chance you'll get to work on the base?

That really depends what you mean. The base is finished at this time; it's done to the same standard as all of my other models.

In the future I'll probably give some thought to adding to it as it certainly looks somewhat bare, but that's something for quite some way down the line rather than now.

I'm sorry guys but I just can't help myself ... Vow #5:

gallery_82168_15314_248080.jpg

That is:

5x Marker Drones - 50 points

4x Gun Drones - 40 points

7x Shield Drones - 70 points

For a total value of 160 points.