+++Tyranids Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Great work Spacecow ! Those genestealers sure look familiar though.......

VOW 3 :- I, oldschoolsoviet hereby pledge to complete the following by Sept 1st 2019, or hereby be exexuted by some unindoctrinated Commisar for xeno heresy, for a total of 791pts.

Patriarch (w/ 2 familiar)

Biophagus (w/ familiar)

Broodlord x 2

Aberrants x 5 (including Dr Counts-as)

Genestealers x 16

dmoIMIo.jpg

Update on the spray-situation, and I'd just blasted a grey marine mini yesterday, which has a little promise after shading, so I'm trying a black undercoat with drybrushed highlights today (weather is nice shock !), and just a plain black on some gnarly 'stealers. If it works, I can see some more progress, but I'm being conservative for now.

Edited by oldschoolsoviet

As we seem to be cashing in vows at the moment, here's mine:

Russ final

A completed Cult Russ, worth 194 points.

There'll be at least a third vow coming, but it needs the old (very old) paint stripping off, and that won't happen till after a game on Saturday.

I love ETL, it's the one time of year I feel pressured to actually get stuff painted. I don't mind converting, and I'll fiddle with kitbashes for ages, but painting, blergh.

As you say, completion is key, so keep it up guys, and don't follow my example lol. I'm still looking at Neophytes for the last 3 weeks, saving the worst until last.....

It’s the opposite for me. Superglue is my kryptonite. I’ll end up supergluing everything else besides the actual piece. Love the painting though.

ETL is great for me cause it ups my efficiency I’ve noticed.

Yeah assembly for me is horrible, Im slow and just can’t seem to find an efficient way to put a bunch of models together.

Same here for me. And those mold lines! I had to scrape 16 genestealers. Thought the nightmare would never end. And I still found some after priming.

I also recently found out that you suppose to drill the guns. So I need to go back and redo some of my gsc guns now aswell.

Vow complete; 300 points worth of biomass committed!

66484179_10157422402659886_1711629091196

I popped the standard plastic head off the Neurothrope and replaced it with spore bits and an old tyrant head I had knocking around... pretty happy with the resulting brain-bug. My paintscheme is basically reverse-Gorgon, with bright green carapaces/claws and pale bodies.

I still have a giant pile of organisms to get through, so I hope to revow soon. 

Additional pics:

Neurothrope

Deathleaper

Biovore bros

Wait, what... what's going on here? Completions, re-vowing and more completions? Tyranids are on a roll! 

Congratulations guys - this year it's a completely different picture vs. the last... VERY impressive work - you're writing ETL history here! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Nice! First year I’m doing this :) real fun so far.

Progress so far:

slapped some contrast paint on a couple of genestealers.

pQrOZc9.jpg

Worked on the magus’ chest armour and blocked in some colours to see how it would look. Especially for the underrobe. Been torn between the yellow or the purple. But think I’m going to go with the purple.

rTyDW9a.jpg

Lastly, my dropper bottles came in.

Alright, time for my re-vow.

I, Azekai, pledge to paint a Tyranid Prime (deathspitter, lash-whip + bonesword), a brood of 4 Tyranid Warriors (3 devourer, lash-whip + bonesword and 1 deathspitter, rending claws), a home-grown Malanthrope, and a Tyrannofex (acid spray, toxin sacs), a total of 507 points of biomass. These will be completed prior to August, lest I be thrown into the digestion pits before the appointed time.

66717990_10157432645794886_6700738543330
The Prime is elevated above his companions due to his old metal Hive Tyrant (?) legs and slightly elongated neck.

This is my third vow, which I think is a record for me. It's a second Cult Russ, but this time it's a mark 1 Russ that I've stripped down and rebuilt with mark 2 sponsons and a rhino turret (so that the weapons can be switched around, and the tank commander can be lifted out and replaced with a lower profile hatch.

I, Rogue, pledge to complete a Cult Russ, armed with battle cannon, lascannon and multi-meltas (194 points), by the end of August or else face the consequences.

Here's how it looks so far.

russ 1

The 'before' shot, with a paint scheme from when I was considering buying metal Valhallans sometime in the 90s

russ 2

After the meths bath - the spotlight and aerial broke off, but the paint came off much more easily than I thought it would

russ 3

Sans sponsons

russ 4

New sponsons fitted, Cult symbols added, tank commander wedged into a cut-down rhino turret, undercoated

You cannot imagine how important those new vows are - and of course the completions too! The score between the 4 Xenos Forums is so very close... It'll be fun to see the Tyranids (and Cults) to prevail! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

gallery_48988_15465_41.png

+++IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT+++

As you have seen the Genestealer Cults sub-forum has been elevated to Forum status.

THIS HAS NO EFFECT ON ETL VII

Don’t know about the future but for the time being nothing changes. Tyranids and GSC are one team and their Outpost is located in the Tyranids forum.

Please continue to report your progress as usual in the Tyranids Outpost.

I’m sorry about the upheaval this change has caused.