+++Tyranids Outpost+++

Captain Semper

So I did more work on the mage this morning. But then it got sunny and hot and I went outside :p

Hobby butterflynthat I am I started to do some operating on a flyrant I butchered two years ago. Trying to save it now.

Chopped off the devourers and magnetising twin linked ones instead.

The first try I managed to glue one side wrong so it was opposing each other instead of attracting.

When I did get glued on the right side it became clear the magnet isn’t strong enough to hold it. So gonna have to order different ones.

So far the diary of a n00b .. :p

soL9RBc.jpg

Might become part of the third vow. Well see how much time I have left.

Edited by Spacecow

It's a continual process of learning and re-learning in this world lol. Almost forgot pics, but as I finished up for the night, I remembered I'd promised pics.

Genestealers done: (might add another light highlight to carapace edges)

FmiptEf.jpg

Final touches (including mushrooms) to the Aberrant group:

WbtwzjW.jpg

And finally the mad doctor:

KU9h7FM.jpg

:D The mushrooms might seem a tad twee(?), but it gives the group some green to tie in with everything else, and there's always the excuse of psychotropic compounds etc etc. Verdict ?

Love your work oss! Especially the mad doctor.

I see what you are getting at with the mushrooms. Maybe it’s the scale of them?

You could always have some goo from the mad doctors backpack spill in the floor and work some green into the base that way?

Love the mushrooms! And about time to see some other colour than the dotted red... 

You have some great progress OSS, this is turning into a very attractive Cults army there... Also Spacecow, it's great to see you're trying to revive your Tyrant, it's an impressive mini if there ever was one and I look forward for it to join your third vow! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Spacecow: Yeap, looks amazing! Let's see if you manage those genestealers before Saturday's cut-off!

@ Rogue: Congratulations man! An excellent addition to the Cults army! Understated but very much to the point and the Cults ethos! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks, Semper.

I feel like I should be able to put large chunks of the Cult down on the table as Imperial Guard without too many eyebrows being raised - before the uprising, sticking icons on everything is hardly subtle, and afterwards we're too busy conquering the unbelievers to decorate tanks.

Thanks guys.

@Rogue: Do like your russ too. :) and awesome you finished a third! Vow.

It’s been extremely hot. (35+ degrees to even 40!) it’s been a bit much and makes painting a challenge even with a wet palette!

Luckily I just need to do basing and some details on the genestealers.

My 2nd vow is complete: ~500 more points spawned for the Great Devourer!

67322545_10157461195604886_8747699332171

I am particularly pleased with the converted Prime and Malanthrope

Tyrannofex

Warrior brood

Now I just need to decide what to revow for my third and final attempt. I have a pair of Carnifex, but I think I want to do a Tyrant/Swarmlord or Trygon just to be extra frisky. This has been really good motivation for me to paint my bugs.

Edited by Azekai

@Azekai: your converts are so well done I initially thought it was a GW model I’ve missed somehow. They look amazing!

@brother b:yeah I asked captain Semper for clarification. The ETL space for Tyranids and gsc this year stays the same (as here). Also Emren Korch is looking awesome. Can’t wait to see more of your models

Thank you, yeah I’ve always loved the GSC so how’s the time to do some army development. I forgot to do the gems so that will get worked out. I’m also planning this army out, so my next vow if I can get it completed and built will probably be some neophytes.

Thanks for the kind words, Spacecow! Really enjoying painting the larger creatures... but my real love is converting!

My third vow:

I, Azekai, rise again to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to paint a Swarmlord and two tusked Carnifex before September 1st, for a total of 430 points. Failure will see me getting squished by a wayward hierophant.

67403045_10157463953439886_8623529053095

Sorry for the poor quality pic, but I my night was a bit hectic.

@ Azekai: Now that's fantastic performance! Not only you just completed a hefty vow, you're following up with a similarly sized one! :tu: Also you're greens look eerie and the bodies, very, very organic... and the texturing looks fantastic! I'd love to see some basing done too - the models are far too cool to be unbased... ;)

@ brother_b: Despite the re-arrangement of the boards and the GSC getting their own separate forum, for ETL purposes nothing changes - you still use the same Outpost (this one). I'm sorry for any confusion this might have caused. Now this Emren Korch is fantastically done - and your vow is complete I take it? Congrats man, it's beautifully done! If you could provide a somewhat larger pic, that'll be awesome!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Still waiting on the result for Everchosen. In the meantime .. time for a third vow:

I Spacecow rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Tyranids / GSC and vow to complete

1 x abominant (105)

5x Aberrants (one hypermorph) 2x power pick (2x9) 2x power hammer (2x4) and an improvised heavy smtg (10)

of total value 221 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me even more nom noms and there is only success therefor endless nom. (Preferably juicy blood angels)

MydeKYO.jpg

These will be reprimed btw.

Edited by Spacecow