+++Tyranids Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Little update: still chugging along on my vow. Finished one. Working on the second now. Getting faster now I pinned down the colour scheme!

I will be finishing in time :)

Any updates Angorox or Sabadin? Would be nice to hit a 100%

So, my primus model turned up in the post, and I really want him painted up for a game on Saturday, and there's a whole week left to go, and it's just one model, right? No worries.

I, Rogue, will complete my fifth (and definitely final this time) ETL vow before this Saturday - one Cult primus, worth 75 points. There is no try, there is only do.

primus

I painted everything, still probably do some details and maybe highlights... guess no suspance this year

Pictures or it didn't happen! :P

Any updates Angorox or Sabadin? Would be nice to hit a 100%

Reality has been, less than kind, recently. I'll see what I can manage but the 8 ball is less optimistic.

Sorry to hear that man... Take it easy and don't worry about the hobby too much - RL always comes first! ;)

It's amazing what you can do with a bank holiday Monday. Multiple youtube battle reports later, here's my completed primus (for 75 points):

primus

He's been re-based since the original photo - he came with the smaller base already glued on, and I'd not thought about it until I stuck him down next to the reference models, at which point the 25mm base looks really small. But his temporary baselessness made it much easier to paint around his legs, so there's that.

Anyway, that really is me done and dusted. Good luck to the rest of the team over the next few days. 

Semper ! Captain Semper sir !

I painted some Deathwing, just for you !

tcOca3K.jpg

That's how they're supposed to look, right ? :)

The 3rd Kellermorph:

uOgVi2Y.jpg

And, with a sigh or relief, I can finally say......

VOW 5 OF 5 COMPLETE.

E4bnz0a.jpg

Phew. Hit a streak tonight and just plowed through. I'll look at getting some overall shots of everything over the next couple of days, but yet again a wild ride.

Thanks to all, great effort, and let's keep our multitude of multi-limb fingers/claws crossed for the final result.

Brilliant work Rogue and OSS - the Tyranids are really showing their teeth/claws this year!

Alright guys, you're currently leading the Xenos faction - but you must be careful: 1) there are some second and third vows still outstanding meaning that the previous vows are in jeopardy and 2) you really must be very conscious that if the Tau and/or the Necrons pick up momentum then it's going to be a real close fight!

Oh, and OSS? 

http://heroimages.s3.amazonaws.com/SpaceHulkDeathwing-Hero.jpg

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well, gave up on a backdrop, and I even struggled with my usual shelftop. There's a lot of 'em:

CUUce4z.jpg

I still have 4-5 squads of converted Hybrids (Acolytes with rifles, Neo with CC) sitting on the to do pile too !

I must bow to the will of the hive mind: I, Azekai, vow to complete a converted winged Tyrant with devourers and scything claws, for a cost of 233 points. This will be completed tomorrow, or all the gains of my rapacious hive fleet will be for naught.

I must be out of my mind.

69526873_10157550801494886_5678961120623

Note the warriors pictured are not part of the vow.

Well Azekai, I sure hope you know what you're doing... You got practically a day to complete this, else all your previous work will be nullified and will count for nothing... Good luck mate.

Also, Spacecow, brother_b and Filkarion, I sure hope you're close to finishing because you got a day or so left...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Awesome brother b!

Well that’ll be it for me. It was a pleasure doing this ETL with all of you. Was my first and loads of fun!

Managed to put out more in three months than I’ve ever managed to do and as a bonus, scraped my courage together to enter a painting competition for the first time :)

Godspeed Azekai, and I have faith in you ! If I'd vowed a bit differently I might be on the same last minute rush, but played it safe with a disruptive work pattern at the mo.

Good stuff Spacecow, made it to the end. And I'll keep an eye out for these pics brother_b.

It's been great fun as always, and I daresay we might be in good stead with some quick and dirty calculations last night. Great effort everyone !

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Oldschoolsoviet!  Victory for hivefleet Lotan. One Orophias strain Hive Tyrant complete, ready and willing to cover everything in sight with flesheating maggots. 

69641205_10157553071014886_1158330646548 Thanks for the encouragement and prodding, Captain Semper. Great event as always. It has been really fun. Kinda sad to see the GSC going their own way for future events... that will make it tough figuring out who to join next year!

Edited by Azekai