Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+++Tyranids Outpost+++

ETL VII ETL E Tenebrae Lux VII E Tenebrae Lux

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts

Small update on my vow progression. Close to finishing my raveners. Just need to do some finishing touches to the bases. Did most of the zenithal prep work on the remaining vow and started on the Broodlord. Experiencing a real struggle with it. So didn't do as much today as I wanted to.

G6MIBqn.png

votDs2P.png

• Captain Semper, oldschoolsoviet and Filkarion like this

oldschoolsoviet

oldschoolsoviet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 674 posts
  • Faction: White Scars / World Eaters
@Sabadin

Is that skin purely the Magus contrast huh ? That seems brillant, and might go looking for some.

Good work Spacecow, and I see the base covers up that moldline that was annoying me ! :) Some bases to highlight, and claws/nails to finish tonight, and I'll be all set for Vow 2 tomorrow......
2mwrp6a.png2a0go4o.png2h6zjus.png2ahkwl.png2ym98r8.png
"Blood for the Blood God ! Skulls for the Khan ! .....wait. What ?!" - Of Skulls and Scars - WiP Thread -
Something stirs in the shadows. That time of year again.......ETL VII

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts
Tyranids was my first love. Glued and primed all of those not knowing any better.(two years ago). But I really like having those tails a bit embedded into the soil. So it worked out ok.

Love the painting but not a big fan of scraping moldlines and endless liquid green stuffing gaps.

Opened up my pot today and that liquid green stuff turned into rubber. Second time that happened to me now. So not really sure what to use instead. But I refuse to buy another one of those pots now :P

Sabadin

Sabadin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

@Sabadin

Is that skin purely the Magus contrast huh ? That seems brillant, and might go looking for some....

The purple is just Magus purple over wraithbone, the blue is leviadon blue. So far they haven't seen a drop of paint outside of contrast.
gallery_48988_15094_2064.png

Sabadin

Sabadin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts
Another night, another 4 stealers mostly done, just eyes, teeth, and basing and that's almost 1/4 of my vow finished.

gallery_48561_7422_604837.jpg
  • Filkarion likes this

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,950 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

@ Sabadin: The Contrast paints seem to work very well indeed! The final result looks brilliant! :tu:

@ Spacecrow: Those Raveners rock! Excellent bases too - look at all the mud, even in the rim... Bravo!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

• Spacecow likes this

oldschoolsoviet

oldschoolsoviet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 674 posts
Hand flamer squad:

vi11y2c.jpg

Autopistols:

2qcXWkt.jpg

And with that, VOW 1 COMPLETE !

RchraTL.jpg

So, time for round two.

VOW 2:
I oldschoolsoviet, vow to complete the following before Sept 1st, 2019, in grace of the four-armed God or to be consumed by the nearest passing hive fleet should I fail in my uprising:

Jackal Alphus
Atalan Jackal x4 w/ Wolfquad, H.Stubber (and a G.Launcher)
Atalan Wolfquads x2 (going by rules, these'll have to be OOC ?)
Cult Armoured Sentinels x3 (M.Laser, Sentinel chainsaw x2)
Cult Leman Russ (BC, Las, HB sponsons)

.....for a points total of 421pts.

18IhdCn.jpg

Phew. As I've stated, I think I can't vow the two extra Wolf "Kettenkrad" quads seperately for points, because they are only upgrades to an existing Jackal squad, but if that nice, lovely wonderful Semper fellow could confirm.....? :)

I'll edit up my first post to make life easy too.
  • Rogue, Filkarion and Spacecow like this
"Blood for the Blood God ! Skulls for the Khan ! .....wait. What ?!" - Of Skulls and Scars - WiP Thread -

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts
  • Faction: Sublime Sound Seekers

Guys, you make me happy, I was so lonely last year!

Rogue and Olschoolsoviet, WELL DONE!!

Obviously the lion's share of glory goes to Oldschoolsoviet, who is obviously trying to become the new forum champion. so I must do my best now. Awesome work, brilliant conversions, very cool ideas all around.

Spacecow, I love bases, scheme and overall "cleaness" of paintjob (mine is always kinda messy). I have good experience with liquid greenstuff (mine is still ok after...I do not know, 7 years?) but I recently find a product named "magic sculpt putty" that goes well with water and is way cheaper than greenstuff, may be very good for closing holes.

Sabadin, I remember you from last year! Great job, also as a review of contrast! They seems very good for hordes speedpainting! 

I had a lot of RL between me and my minis, but I managed to do the Hormagaunts, obviously at an excessive/time consuming quality (no drybrush, eyes, theet, double highlights and so on). Not that they are so beautiful, but I spent a lot of my little time on them. 

Why? Why as ETL is about getting things done and at  5 point per model they are not exactly "centerpiece"?

Love

I love the humble hormagant model, maybe on par of the genestealer, maybe more because of it's humbleness.

So I wanted to give some tribute to the little guys, always overshadowed by the more utilitarian Termagants, that have half or even less the charm, for me.

So here they are, running wrong way in the bolter highway...

Done hormagroup
Done horma1
Done horma2
Done horma3

(...sigh...)

Well, tribute done, I will go on the 2 Sanctus (Sancti? Sanctii? Sanctuses?) this evening, an go on like a steamroller, as I am looking for my next vow already and I have lot to do still with  my first one

• Sabadin and oldschoolsoviet like this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_TyraniMy Sublime Sound Seekers Slaanesh army

The Skull Knight

Sabadin

Sabadin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts

...but I managed to do the Hormagaunts, obviously at an excessive/time consuming quality (no drybrush, eyes, theet, double highlights and so on)...

You brave, brave soul.
  • Filkarion likes this

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts
Well done at the completed vows! The hivemind is pleased. 😁 Really impressed with everyone’s painting jobs. Giving me the kick up the ass I sorely needed.

The broodlord and I had another try at it last night and I made a lot more progress.

@ filkarion: I’ll keep that in mind. Tried some superfine milliputy yesterday. Will see when I get back home how that dried.
Also respect for the love you are giving to the wee hormogaunts!

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,950 posts

Wow! That's great progress in the Tyranids corner! :woot:

@ OOS: Those look amazing and your new vow seems very promising! Bikes at last!!!! And the promised weird half-track bikes too! Good luck mate!

@ Filkarion: You've got some steep competition this year - so much the better for everyone involved! Great progress mate!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,950 posts

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE THIRD WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,950 posts

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

+++ETL VII - WEEK 3 UPDATE+++

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts
So the superfine milliput experiment worked like a charm. So I got a magus build and 16 Genestealers for a second vow. ( too hot to paint in the afternoon)

As good as finished the broodlord and made good progress on the tyrant guard.

Will post some pictures when I can. ( on my phone now)

oldschoolsoviet

oldschoolsoviet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 674 posts
More pics are always good. Been very quiet this week, kinda wrote it off myself due to work shifts, but I've been a busy lil' bee last night and today. Bikes/quads are 75% done, just details and gluing together, but I did finish my Alphus:

RmAoIXA.jpg

Fun conversion, and a lot cheaper than the official one !
  • Rogue and Spacecow like this

Sabadin

Sabadin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts
Updates will be sparse from me over the next 4 weeks or so as I'll be shifting my focus back to my Everchosen entry. Should move at a good pace once that's done though.

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts
Broodlord wip

3JdgCNY.png
  • oldschoolsoviet likes this

oldschoolsoviet

oldschoolsoviet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 674 posts
Progress is good. As Semper pointed out, we could even have a chance at challenging the IFOR with Xenos as a whole, and that'd be some coup.

Quick question : Broodlords don't appear in the GSC list (kinda strange tbh) but I have two kicking about, and I'd be able to vow them as "allies" correct ? They are a points addition to an existing genestealer squad if I've read an earlier post correctly ?

Ed: forgot I installed Battlescribe for points. Seems they're just straight up HQ at double the value I thought they were ! Huzzah !

Edited by oldschoolsoviet, Yesterday, 10:19 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ETL VII, ETL, E Tenebrae Lux VII, E Tenebrae Lux

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users