+++Tyranids Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Small update on my vow progression. Close to finishing my raveners. Just need to do some finishing touches to the bases. Did most of the zenithal prep work on the remaining vow and started on the Broodlord. Experiencing a real struggle with it. So didn't do as much today as I wanted to.

G6MIBqn.png

votDs2P.png

@Sabadin

Is that skin purely the Magus contrast huh ? That seems brillant, and might go looking for some.

Good work Spacecow, and I see the base covers up that moldline that was annoying me ! :) Some bases to highlight, and claws/nails to finish tonight, and I'll be all set for Vow 2 tomorrow......

Tyranids was my first love. Glued and primed all of those not knowing any better.(two years ago). But I really like having those tails a bit embedded into the soil. So it worked out ok.

Love the painting but not a big fan of scraping moldlines and endless liquid green stuffing gaps.

Opened up my pot today and that liquid green stuff turned into rubber. Second time that happened to me now. So not really sure what to use instead. But I refuse to buy another one of those pots now :p

@Sabadin

Is that skin purely the Magus contrast huh ? That seems brillant, and might go looking for some....

The purple is just Magus purple over wraithbone, the blue is leviadon blue. So far they haven't seen a drop of paint outside of contrast.

@ Sabadin: The Contrast paints seem to work very well indeed! The final result looks brilliant! :tu:

@ Spacecrow: Those Raveners rock! Excellent bases too - look at all the mud, even in the rim... Bravo!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hand flamer squad:

http://i.imgur.com/vi11y2c.jpg

Autopistols:

http://i.imgur.com/2qcXWkt.jpg

And with that, VOW 1 COMPLETE !

http://i.imgur.com/RchraTL.jpg

So, time for round two.

VOW 2:

I oldschoolsoviet, vow to complete the following before Sept 1st, 2019, in grace of the four-armed God or to be consumed by the nearest passing hive fleet should I fail in my uprising:

Jackal Alphus

Atalan Jackal x4 w/ Wolfquad, H.Stubber (and a G.Launcher)

Atalan Wolfquads x2 (going by rules, these'll have to be OOC ?)

Cult Armoured Sentinels x3 (M.Laser, Sentinel chainsaw x2)

Cult Leman Russ (BC, Las, HB sponsons)

.....for a points total of 421pts.

http://i.imgur.com/18IhdCn.jpg

Phew. As I've stated, I think I can't vow the two extra Wolf "Kettenkrad" quads seperately for points, because they are only upgrades to an existing Jackal squad, but if that nice, lovely wonderful Semper fellow could confirm.....? :)

I'll edit up my first post to make life easy too.

Guys, you make me happy, I was so lonely last year!

Rogue and Olschoolsoviet, WELL DONE!!

Obviously the lion's share of glory goes to Oldschoolsoviet, who is obviously trying to become the new forum champion. so I must do my best now. Awesome work, brilliant conversions, very cool ideas all around.

Spacecow, I love bases, scheme and overall "cleaness" of paintjob (mine is always kinda messy). I have good experience with liquid greenstuff (mine is still ok after...I do not know, 7 years?) but I recently find a product named "magic sculpt putty" that goes well with water and is way cheaper than greenstuff, may be very good for closing holes.

Sabadin, I remember you from last year! Great job, also as a review of contrast! They seems very good for hordes speedpainting! 

I had a lot of RL between me and my minis, but I managed to do the Hormagaunts, obviously at an excessive/time consuming quality (no drybrush, eyes, theet, double highlights and so on). Not that they are so beautiful, but I spent a lot of my little time on them. 

Why? Why as ETL is about getting things done and at  5 point per model they are not exactly "centerpiece"?

Love

I love the humble hormagant model, maybe on par of the genestealer, maybe more because of it's humbleness.

So I wanted to give some tribute to the little guys, always overshadowed by the more utilitarian Termagants, that have half or even less the charm, for me.

So here they are, running wrong way in the bolter highway...

Done hormagroup

Done horma1

Done horma2

Done horma3

(...sigh...)

Well, tribute done, I will go on the 2 Sanctus (Sancti? Sanctii? Sanctuses?) this evening, an go on like a steamroller, as I am looking for my next vow already and I have lot to do still with  my first one

Wow! That's great progress in the Tyranids corner! :woot:

@ OOS: Those look amazing and your new vow seems very promising! Bikes at last!!!! And the promised weird half-track bikes too! Good luck mate!

@ Filkarion: You've got some steep competition this year - so much the better for everyone involved! Great progress mate!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

More pics are always good. Been very quiet this week, kinda wrote it off myself due to work shifts, but I've been a busy lil' bee last night and today. Bikes/quads are 75% done, just details and gluing together, but I did finish my Alphus:

http://i.imgur.com/RmAoIXA.jpg

Fun conversion, and a lot cheaper than the official one !

Progress is good. As Semper pointed out, we could even have a chance at challenging the IFOR with Xenos as a whole, and that'd be some coup.

Quick question : Broodlords don't appear in the GSC list (kinda strange tbh) but I have two kicking about, and I'd be able to vow them as "allies" correct ? They are a points addition to an existing genestealer squad if I've read an earlier post correctly ?

Ed: forgot I installed Battlescribe for points. Seems they're just straight up HQ at double the value I thought they were ! Huzzah !

Edited by oldschoolsoviet

@ elmo: I have forgotten what a production machine you are! and with top notch quality control too! :biggrin.: Keep walking sir!

@ OSS: An amazing conversion! :thumbsup: And yes, you have the potential to beat IFOR but... The AdMech just had a Titan vow in and a Nemesis no less... So maybe if more people join or you rise your average vow further then, you'd stand a better chance. Of course everything depends on completions not intentions, so yeah, the IFOR needs to deliver too... :wink:. As regards the Broodlord, please note that you can vow units from both Codices interchangeably - so there is no need for "allies" rules and such. Allies are not allowed in the ETL, but you may vow any unit from the lists associated with your Outpost (see first post ;))

------------------------------

THIS IS THE LAST FULL WEEK OF RECRUITMENT - IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN DO SO FAST!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

My second vow: a cult Leman Russ, configured with battle cannon, lascannon and multi-meltas (making it 194 points), which I pledge to complete by the end of August or something something nom nom bio-mass.

Leman Russ

It'll have tracks, but I'm leaving them off for painting purposes. And all the bits are magnetic, which is new. 

Kinda looks like my Russ, a bit grey and boring at the mo ! Wrangled some lieu time from work though, so I can get cracking.

Thanks for the further clarification Semper - I just meant allies as same faction, not like I have a GSC Titan kicking around !

Hmmm, I wonder if Blackadder would let me borrow his project, there's an idea...... ;)

I, Azekai, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for the eternal Hivemind and vow to complete 3 biovores, an old metal zoanthrope I will use as a neurothrope, and a converted Deathleaper, a total value of 300 points, on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me closer to the pinnacle of evolution; failure will see my genetic material cleansed from the memory of the Norn Queens.
65034455_10157388541619886_6379296048367
Feels a bit odd to be painting something other than the diseased friends of Nurgle, but I am happy to be here!