+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

The good news is the Stormblade is fixed! Hurray for superglue and plastic glue!

The bad news is some of my honourable frater may have (understandably) been led to believe this Stormblade was in service to the VIIth Legion (No doubt due to the presence of the Imperial Fist Terminators), but my honourable, rest assured that victory, like iron, lies within;

stormblade_undercoat_stage_by_lpjgpr_dd8

The turret hatch has been lost to the expanse of the garage, hence my seizing the opportunity to remodel it with a Legionary crewmember, but I won't be asking to update the points to reflect the Astartes crew, given the alteration was one only afforded due to the damage incurred.

-sighs a bit- Viridia, my dude, you scared even us.  Stormblades are meant to be felled by the guns of the Warmaster, not a drop from precarious heights (It's why Calth's little orbital 'fumble' was so grotesque, was it not?  NO MORE REINACTMENTS!) For the record, I like the astartes crew.  

Seriously man, glad that it came back together :)  Absolutely all the best to ya, you lousy loyalist lot :P 

That's great quality there mate. Any chance of a bigger picture?

Thanks! I'll try to get some better photos once the vow is complete. :smile.:

No completion from me yet; just a WIP. Here are the two Leman Russ tanks with the pin wash finished.

gallery_86689_11936_410822.jpg

I also made progress on the Tarantulas. I figure I'm about 60% done with this vow.

Looking good! That armor effect you get on your Russes is awesome!

...Looking good! That armor effect you get on your Russes is awesome!

Thanks, brother. It's time consuming, but the look makes me happy. I'm going for a look for my Solar Auxilia that shows just a touch of parade ground "squared away" to indicate their high level of professionalism. In contrast, my Imperial Fists show just a bit of "we're too busy being being unrelenting, zealous, and stoic superhumans to clean up just now". We've got to kick these guys butts first. My Ordo Reductor... well they just wade into it up to their necks. :lol:

Your dudes look excellent. I'm jealous, I have trouble making that much metallic look decent.

Edited by Semper Fortis

I, SonofCarnelian, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the the Loyalists and the IX Legion and vow to complete one Xiphon Fighter for 220 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Let's fly, boys.

+++

Before image:

med_gallery_62495_11290_1858269.jpg

Good stuff Witchking! That's a very nice black and some very neat highlighting. I assume you're eternally waiting for Forgeworld to release some DA transfers?

Small update from me as well. Still not really had any time with the airbrush, but have started working on the Destroyers because they just needed a black rattlecan prime.

gallery_67188_8872_50083.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_261484.jpg

Still a fair bit more work to go with these, but I'm happy with the tester dude for now in terms of base colours and not much in the way of washes or highlights.

Good news though! My wife is taking our little one down to her parents from tomorrow through to Saturday, so I'm going to set up the airbrush and go to freaking town for the next few days. That should leave me sitting fairly pretty to hopefully get this first vow down pretty close to the end of the month, or failing that, mid July at the latest.

While I've not been painting, I've been building some other bits for any subsequent vows, including an HQ conversion that I'm pretty sure would be amongst the best things I've ever done hobby-wise, so I'm really looking forward to sharing that when the time comes.

In the meantime, onwards and upwards Loyalists! Let's see some progress and some completions!

Good stuff Witchking! That's a very nice black and some very neat highlighting. I assume you're eternally waiting for Forgeworld to release some DA transfers? 

Cheers, and yes, forever waiting, as soon as they are out I can transfer them up and dirty them up.

Those destroyers are looking awesome, love the subtle hint of blue showing through. Fantastic Idea

Welp, here's vow one complete! (I even tried to use a bigger photo!) :sweat:

YbBcOPJ.jpg?1

I'll try to get some more photos up in one of my logs, and in the meantime I'll see what I can scrounge up for vow #2, got a couple things in mind...

@WITCHKING, dude, the Levi and Sicaran look awesome, great job! 

@StruManChu: Love the blue scheme you have on your destroyers, it's understated, and yet very cool. :thumbsup:

A very significant completion - and early on in the event too! :yes: Congrats man!

Now let's see more joining the Loyalist effort -b this is still recruitment period, let it not go to waste! You're going toe-toe with the Traitor scum (9 participants each and only 445 pledged pts difference) but I have the feeling that both of you have reserves Who's going to mobilise faster? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Ok, while I have not sorted all the issues in relation to the paint scheme, more on that below, if I cannot work things out I will fail ETL regardless so I am going to vow everything now. If I get the below all painted I will go and vow the few Mechanicum units I have to complete the army from last year’s ETL, but I doubt I will get that far.

I, Trokair, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Omnissiah The Legion Units listed below of total value 2,600 points as described in the Legion Red Book on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring eternal glory for the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker for as long as the Omnissiah decrees.

HQ

-- Legion Centurion 105p

Chaplain, Artificer Armour, Refractor Field

-- Legion Centurion 110p
Master of Signal, Artificer Armour, Melta Bomb

Elite
--Apothecarion Detachment 180p
3 Apothecaries, Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner
--Legion Rapier Weapons Battery 210p
3 Rapier, Quad Launcher Support Battery, Shatter Shells

Troop
--Legion Tactical Squad 125p
10 Marines
--Legion Tactical Squad 250p
20 Marines, Legion Vexilla, Artificer Armour (Sgt), Melta Bomb (Sgt)
--Legion Tactical Support Squad 190p
5 Marines, Plasma Gun, Artificer Armour (Sgt), Melta Bomb (Sgt)
5 Marines, Plasma Gun, Artificer Armour (Sgt), Melta Bomb (Sgt)
5 Marines, Meltagun, Artificer Armour (Sgt), Melta Bomb (Sgt)
5 Marines, Meltagun, Artificer Armour (Sgt), Melta Bomb (Sgt)
--Legion Tactical Support Squad 115p
5 Marines, Flamer, Artificer Armour (Sgt), Melta Bomb (Sgt)
--Legion Tactical Support Squad 115p
5 Marines, Flamer, Artificer Armour (Sgt), Melta Bomb (Sgt)

Heavy Suport
--Legion Heavy Support Squad 170p
5 Marines, Missile Launcher, Artificer Armour (Sgt)
--Legion Heavy Support Squad 170p
5 Marines, Missile Launcher, Artificer Armour (Sgt)
--Legion Heavy Support Squad 145p
5 Marines, Heavy Bolter, Artificer Armour (Sgt)
--Legion Heavy Support Squad 145p
5 Marines, Heavy Bolter, Artificer Armour (Sgt)

Total: 2,600p

Starting Picture

gallery_29932_12734_151296.jpg

Ok explanation and comment time. So late 2016 early 2017 on the back of Calth and Prospero boxes I decided to build a company of around 100 marines for 30k. Loyalty & Treachery 2017 came along at just the right time and I took part. I had an idea for a colour scheme but in practice it was difficult, tedious and end up not looking to good at a distance, up close they are passable but not good enough considering the time input. I have a plan on how to get around some of the problems and bought an airbrush in late 2017 (though I am yet to use it). If it works better then all good, if not then I will look at the new contrast range, especially the Wraithbone spray and basically start afresh. If I have to go this route I don’t know whether I would have to strip the current undercoat (white followed by Zandri Dust) or can just spray the contrast undercoat on top.

While the above picture was take today the models where all undercoated in 2017 (aside from the one Rapier which I appear to have missed).

Captain Semper, the two of the tactical marines and the chaplain have the remains of an earlier attempt to find a different way to achieve the colour scheme I am after. If this is an issue them please let me know and I’ll complete strip them before starting again.

The 10 man tactical squad without any upgrades is actually the second half of the tactical squad I painted for L&T2017, as such I do not have a proper sergeant, hope this is ok. I do have places to build some additional sergeants with different load outs for the army in time as I still have some spare bodies but they are not ready yet.

I do not have the most recent Black Boos, so if there ar any point changes since the Red Books could someone please let me know what the cost for the above should be, thank you.

For reference, below is a not so great picture of the three units I did for L&T2017 so that you can see what I was vaguely aiming for.

gallery_29932_12734_270389.jpg

Hi there, not sure if it is too late but I'd like to join in!

I, Henimann, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalists in the Age of Darkness, and vow to complete the below units of reinforcements for the XVIII Legion Salamanders, for a total of 670 points vowed. Success will bring glory to the Eighteenth, and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker for as long as my lord Vulkan decrees.

Chaplain (Consul) - 150 pts: (artificer Crozius - Power Axe, Inferno Pistol, Artificer Armor, Jump Pack, refractor field, melta bombs).

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought - 315 pts: leviathan siege drill, storm cannon, 2x twin-linked volkite culverins.

NOTE: This model was purchased painted, and will be getting repainted!

Pyroclast Squad - 205 pts: 4 Pyroclasts, Warden with artificer power fist, all with melta bombs

And below, my vow so far:

ETL Vow Start

Leviathan pre-Strip

Jump Chaplain Built

Edited by Henimann

I vow the following:

-Iron Warriors:

Warsmith with artificier armour, iron halo, servo-arm, archaeotech pistol and master-crafted paragon blade. - 220 points.

Consul Chaplain with artificier armour, refractor field and bike. - 130 points.

Castraferrum Dreadnought with DCCW with Heavy Flamer, Siege Wrecker with Heavy Flamer, Extra Armour, Armoured Ceramite and Frag assault launchers. - 195 points.

Predator Tank Squadron:

Predator Tank with turret autocannon, sponson heavy bolters, hunter-killer missile, havoc launcher, extra armour, reinforced ceramite and dozer blade. - 145 points.

Predator Tank with turret autocannon, sponson lascannons, hunter-killer missile, havoc launcher, extra armour, reinforced ceramite and dozer blade. - 165 points.

Vindicator laser destroyer squadron: 2 Vindicators with Laser Destroyer Arrays, Hunter-killer Missiles, Armoured Ceramite and extra armour. - 320 points.

-World Eaters:

Consul Chaplain with artificier armour, refractor field and jump pack. - 125 points.

-Thousand Sons:

Consul Librarian with Cataphractii Terminator Armour. - 130 points.

-Imperial Fists:

Centurion with artificier armour, refractor field and thunder hammer. - 95 points.

-Solar Auxilia:

Auxilia Ogryn Charonite Squad. - 185 points.

Total points for first vow: 1710 points. (could someone doublecheck if my points are correct?)

In the name of the 4th, 12th and 14th legions that were, DIE TRAITOR SCUM!

Pics soon!

Wow! Three new participants and with heavy vows to! :woot: Boy, the Traitors will have a tough time to catch up now! So so will the Wolves for that matters 

@ Trokair: They're fine, carry on. :smile.:

@ Henimann: Vulkan Lives! Good luck with it! :thumbsup:

@ lokkorex: At long last! Loyal unto death! :ph34r.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!