+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

OK, fantastic progress here guys - the Titan is doing well and TheStatusJoe decided to get the biggest vow in the ETL :jawdrop: - and doing quite some progress with it too.

The Loyalists sure got the upper hand now! And the AoD Faction is battling for the second position with Chaos! :eek:

Keep going guys this is an amazing performance! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

A question for Captain Semper : Can  I expand my initial vow?

My Pyroclasts were missing some backpacks, so after reaching out to Forge World customer service, they were gracious enough to send me another squad, so if I can source some extra backpacks I think I can end up actually doing a full squad of ten!  

My updated vow, if it is possible to expand it:  

Chaplain (Consul) - 150 pts: (artificer Crozius - Power Axe, Inferno Pistol, Artificer Armor, Jump Pack, refractor field, melta bombs).
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought - 315 pts: leviathan siege drill, storm cannon, 2x twin-linked volkite culverins. 
Pyroclast Squad - 330 pts: 9 Pyroclasts, Warden with artificer power fist, all with melta

New Total: 770 points 

A question for Captain Semper : Can  I expand my initial vow?

My Pyroclasts were missing some backpacks, so after reaching out to Forge World customer service, they were gracious enough to send me another squad, so if I can source some extra backpacks I think I can end up actually doing a full squad of ten!  

My updated vow, if it is possible to expand it:  

Chaplain (Consul) - 150 pts: (artificer Crozius - Power Axe, Inferno Pistol, Artificer Armor, Jump Pack, refractor field, melta bombs).

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought - 315 pts: leviathan siege drill, storm cannon, 2x twin-linked volkite culverins. 

Pyroclast Squad - 330 pts: 9 Pyroclasts, Warden with artificer power fist, all with melta

New Total: 770 points 

Yeah, Altis got it right. And there is nothing stopping you from going again, after your initial vow is done. You'll be even more motivated because if you fail your second vow, your first would be nullified too! :wink:

BTW, the new White Scars are up for pre-order! Any takers? 

Vow 1 complete:

IF Tarantula Sentry Gun Battery with multimelta/spotlight x2 (80 pts.)

IF Tarantula Sentry Gun Battery with lascannon x2 (90 pts.)

IF Tarantula Sentry Gun Battery with Hyperios missle launchers x2 (110 pts.)

Solar Auxilia Leman Russ Assault Squad: 2 Demolishers with lascannon (410

gallery_86689_11936_284696.jpg

And I've finally painted those blasted Tarantulas that have been sitting in the mountain of shame for some years. Woo hoo!

Vow 2:

I, Semper Fortis , rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness - Loyalists and vow to complete:

Legion Glaive (625 pts.)

Leviathan Dreadnought, volkite caliver, phosphex discharged, cyclonic meltalance (315 pts.)

Leviathan Dreadnought, volkite caliver, phosphex discharged, siege drill, grav-flux bombard (320 pts.)

of total value 1260 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring my legion eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For Dorn and for the Emperor

gallery_86689_11936_328352.jpg

gallery_86689_11936_741709.jpg

Edited to add: the Glaive has two colors of primer and Captain Semper has approved it. And I'm sixteen kinds of an idiot. I just realized I got the leviathan pieces all scrambled together. sigh...

Edited by Semper Fortis

@ Fortis: Congrats on your completion, love the tanks! And it's great to see that the ETL motivated you to do the tarantulas that have been haunting you for so long! Now off to the Glaive and those Leviathans! 

@ TheStatusJoe: That Shadowsword means business! :lol: Great work on the jet bike too! I may have skipped the black border on the red but it works! I see the bikers on the background too - yummy! :drool: Do you have any plans for those amazing guys:

Hidden Content

99560101626_WSLegionEbonKeshigTerminator

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Fortis: Congrats on your completion, love the tanks! And it's great to see that the ETL motivated you to do the tarantulas that have been haunting you for so long! Now off to the Glaive and those Leviathans! 

@ TheStatusJoe: That Shadowsword means business! :laugh.: Great work on the jet bike too! I may have skipped the black border on the red but it works! I see the bikers on the background too - yummy! :drool: Do you have any plans for those amazing guys:

Hidden Content

99560101626_WSLegionEbonKeshigTerminator

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Honestly, I don't have plans for any Ebon Keshig, and this may get me some hate, but I dislike running terminators in general. Maybe its just the choice of legions that I play, but Ultramarines have Invictarii Suzerain and White Scars have Jetbikes/Bikes instead. I hardly ever put terminators on the field. 

@TheStatusJoe, Nice work, you're powering through your vow! :thumbsup:

@Semper Fortis: awesome job on your first vow, those Russes and Tarantulas are top notch! Seeing as you've vowed a glaive, i'd better get to work on my last vow and pull out the big guns for my next one... we can't have the VIIth getting all the glory, now can we? :biggrin.:

Small update.  Pyroclasts have been built, Leviathan was stripped and rebuilt, and everything has been primed and basecoated! 

ETL VII Vow 1 Basecoated

There are three more Pyroclasts in the image than I have vowed - due to my extra parts situation, I decided to go ahead and paint the additional squaddies at the same time for squad paint scheme coherency, even if it means I cannot vow them later.  It's all good, though - I have a bunch of stuff on my "To-Paint' pile to vow and work on in the months ahead!  

Dude, that is just so wrong. War hound toes should only come in one size :lol:

And apropos of it being week four, I noticed there are 2733 views of this thread. Surely a few of you have a unit you can paint for the cause. This is the last week to make your first vow.

For the Emperor and all those other good guys!!!

Hidden Content

gallery_32985_14903_146942.jpeg

Looking incredible brothers!!

Here’s an update for my wardog...

I'm going to develop a foot fetish! :tongue.:

OK great progress guys but it would be great of more join your cause!

------------------------------

THIS IS THE LAST FULL WEEK OF RECRUITMENT - IF YOU PLAN TO JOIN DO SO FAST!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

... this may get me some hate, but I dislike running terminators in general. Maybe its just the choice of legions that I play, but Ultramarines have Invictarii Suzerain and White Scars have Jetbikes/Bikes instead. I hardly ever put terminators on the field. 

No way should you get any hate! The whole point of the hobby is to paint what you like and field what you like! Personally, I am slightly embarrased to field terminators. I feel like I'm saying I had no subtle ideas so I decided to turn up with the 2+ save dudes with assault cannon, powerfists and thunder-hammers because they surely have to kill something, especially when I deep strike them where I like. But I love the models, and that's another great thing about 30k: combi-bolters, power weapons as standard, and no freebie teleport, all tone them down a bit, makes them classy again. And I need a squad for Calth! Now I'm definitely thinking terminators for vow 2. Meanwhile vow 1  makes no progress as I sit here gawping at your output without a paintbrush in my hand ...

Edited by LameBeard