+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE FITFTH WEEKLY UPDATE

ONLY 48HRS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

JULY 1ST @ 17:00 GMT IS THE CUT-OFF FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS

AFTER THAT, NEW PARTICIPANTS MAY ONLY JOIN AS OUT-OF-COMPETITION ENTRIES

I, NocturnalAnimal, of the Vth Legio Astartes, rise to the challenge of ETL on the side of the Loyalists in the Age of Darkness and vow to complete:

Praetor in Terminator Armour with Master Crafted Paragon Blade, Digital Lasers, and Cyber Hawk - 195pts

Champion Consul with Power Glaive, Artificer Armour and Refractor Field - 130pts

Mortis-Contemptor Dreadnought with 2x Kheres Assault Cannons - 205pts

Leviathan Dreadnought with Melta Lance, Armoured Ceramite and Melta Lance - 325pts

Total 855pts

On it before 1st September 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will soon me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year end.

http://i.imgur.com/IBiyu4T.jpg

Edited by NocturnalAnimal

I have been a little busy of late, so catch up time.

NocturnalAnimal, welcome and good luck. Also nice to see the new Scar models.

TheStausJoe, nice jetbike, which white is that, it looks nice and solid and smooth.

Semper Fortis, good job on the Tarantula. I always thought it was an odd idea to have melta on a sentry turret. Missiles for anti air make sense, lascannon due to range can make scene ( a little bit) and heavy bolters/assault cannons for anti infantry makes sense, but melta? It just feels weird.

Now that I have experimented with an airbrush for the first time as well as the new contrast paints I have come up with a paint scheme that I think I will be able to achieve completion of my vow in the next two months. While it was not what I had intended, and I could have potentially gotten what I had in mind if I stripped the entire vow and started afresh with the new contract, instead I am sticking with the Zandri Dust undercoat and working from there with Skeletal Horde. 5 marines done and another 25 Tactical, 50 special/heavy weapon marines and some odds and ends to go. Gulp.

gallery_29932_12734_108837.jpg

Nice work everyone; Nocturnal, can't wait to see your White Scars! :biggrin.:

From my end, got pretty far ahead with the lightning, once I figure out some details, she'll be ready to take her place in the skies, and then its just the Medusa and Apothecary before I can tackle my big guns for this year.

3iKrXty.jpg?1

I am happy to announce that I have completed my final assignment of my college career. To celebrate, I painted like a hurricane today. Here's my latest update on my pledge, and I have three models left to finish for the entirety of my 1st one. Gotta finish my knight (seen in the background with heraldry started), my Baneblade and the Ultramarines Praetor with the Mantle of Ultramar. Should have those done by Tuesday now that I don't have to write papers every day.

gallery_106786_15606_235044.jpg

1 White Scars Outrider Squad, and 1 White Scars Apothecary, as well as a Sky Hunter Slayer Squadron

gallery_106786_15606_186837.jpg

I had approximately zero idea what I wanted to do with this chunk of plastic. Honestly, it will probably never see the table, so I went very basic with the scheme. Predator Ultima for the Ultramarines.

gallery_106786_15606_240055.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_281566.jpg

This is my obligatory box dread. I do a box dread or two every ETL, so why not keep up the tradition? I did this guy in a different scheme, using FW's Daler Rowney Blue Ink instead of my usual blue. This was a joy to paint, and I think I'll be using him in my Fury Lists.

gallery_106786_15606_329335.jpg

Here's my Tactical Support Squad with Plasma Guns. These guys are going to ride with a Warmonger. Oh, and speaking of that guy....

gallery_106786_15606_126988.jpg

Warmonger on the right, Esoterist on the left, and a Praetor in the middle.

gallery_106786_15606_206142.jpg

Invictarii Suzerain Squad made from Honor Guard and a kitbash.

gallery_106786_15606_4032.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_69720.jpg

My three Leman Russes, the Command Tank "Hector" 2-0. Tank "Nomad" 2-5 and Vanquisher "Nordic" 2-9 to fill in the gaps left by my pledge during L&T.

gallery_48988_15465_167408.png

ONLY 1.5HRS FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS TO JOIN!

JULY 1ST @ 17:00 GMT IS THE CUT-OFF FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS

AFTER THAT, NEW PARTICIPANTS MAY ONLY JOIN AS OUT-OF-COMPETITION ENTRIES

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Status joe... dang man!! Congrats on finishing school, now you can really start painting

I spent an hour with my new patriot 105 and a bunch of stylenerez...

here is where that got me

gallery_32985_14903_114015.jpeg

First go around with the primer accomplished... letting her air out now and then I’ll go back later and see what needs a touch up before the painting begins.

Also, excitement ensues as I wound up getting the warlord alpha head to use as scenery for the base and lo and behold it came with a command crew... princeps and moderatti for the Vindex are happening!!:):):)

Now I’ve got to fully paint the interior

Status joe... dang man!! Congrats on finishing school, now you can really start painting

here is where that got me

gallery_32985_14903_114015.jpeg

First go around with the primer accomplished... letting her air out now and then I’ll go back later and see what needs a touch up before the painting begins.

Also, excitement ensues as I wound up getting the warlord alpha head to use as scenery for the base and lo and behold it came with a command crew... princeps and moderatti for the Vindex are happening!!:smile.::):smile.:

The fact that you bought a Warlord head to use as basing material is awesome. I applaud you, good sir. :thumbsup:

here is where that got megallery_32985_14903_114015.jpeg

Also, excitement ensues as I wound up getting the warlord alpha head to use as scenery for the base and lo and behold it came with a command crew... princeps and moderatti for the Vindex are happening!!:):):)

The fact that you bought a Warlord head to use as basing material is awesome. I applaud you, good sir. :tu:

thanks brother... to be completely transparent it will not be a ‘destroyed head’ but will be one that’s been ejected and possibly recovered if/when I go bonkers and get a sexy Warbringer to paint up;)

thanks brother... to be completely transparent it will not be a ‘destroyed head’ but will be one that’s been ejected and possibly recovered if/when I go bonkers and get a sexy Warbringer to paint up;)

That is arguably even cooler. Can't wait to see the finished piece! :biggrin.:

Stellar work everyone! StatusJoe you're putting us all to shame, and lionofjudah, I can't wait to see more of the Warhound. It's a beast!

Now, I've been quiet and not really posting because it's been busy here with baby stuff and other such distractions, but I have actually been keeping to the plan!

gallery_67188_8872_218148.jpg

Couple of bases to finish blocking colours on, but after that it's -

• Washes
  • Maaaaaaaaybe Edge Highlights. I don't know if I'll bother for the Tactical Mooks
  • Gloss Varnish
  • Transfers
  • Sponge/Regular Weathering
  • Gloss Again
  • Powders maybe
  • Dullcoat

And then we're done. Hopefully not more than the next fortnight, so I can move on to the much more exciting Vehicles I want to do in Vow 2. :biggrin.:

Excellent progress for lionofjudah and StruManChu.

I have to say that Titan looks yummy! :drool:

No keep in mind that the Traitors are mobilising so you may want to get some completions done... ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'll have to do a tally of the unpainted models at my house right now. It's pretty slim pickings.

I know I've got a jetbike to build a white scars character, 9 outriders for the scars, maybe repaint a sicarian I'm not happy with. Maybe some ravenguard from my fiance's army. I think shes just got a squad of Mor Deythan, a centurion, contemptor and 2 rhinos right now.

Oh. I have 3 more russes in box.

Wow Joe, that is not only an enormous completion in terms of points but also in painting quality - not to mention the time it took (not that long all things considered)... Congratulations! 

Now an interesting situation has developed after this completion: The Loyalists have accelerated to a SCR of 2k vs. the Traitors with a SCR of some 400... BUT this large lead may be mere optics as a new vow of roughly similar size popped up in the Traitor camp! That means that currently the Traitors have the exact same amount of vows and more points pledged! 

This is getting VERY interesting!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Fine. Fine. I'll get my backpack. Let's crack out some secondhand rescues. The pile of bits on the left is bikes and a jetbike, those will be white scars. Everything on the right is going Raven Guard. Yes, those rhinos are getting redone- my fiance needs some for her birdmen.

1 Praetor- Jump Pack, Iron Halo, Artificer Armor, Archeotech Pistol, Master Crafted Paragon Blade, Cameleoline, Infravisor, Digital Lasers, Melta Bombs – 235 Points

5 Mor Deythan- Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs, Infravisor, Sniper Rifles- 180 Points

2 Rhino APCs- Pintle Mounted Multi-Meltas, Auxiliary Drives, Dozer Blades, and Extra Armor- 140 points

1 Contemptor Dreadnought- Dreadnought Drop Pod, Extra Armor, Havok Launcher, Kheres Assault Cannon, Multi-Melta- 310 points.

9 White Scars Outriders- Melta Bombs, Power Glaive, 3 Power Swords and Plasma Guns- 615 points

1 White Scars Librarian- Scimitar Jetbike, Force Axe, Psychic Mastery 2, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol- 190 Points

1 Auxilia Leman Russ Strike Squadron- 3x Leman Russ Battle Tanks Armored Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Extra Armor- 630 Points

Total Reinforcements- 2,230 Points.

gallery_106786_15606_272730.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_121702.jpg

gallery_48988_15465_41.png

+++THIS IS THE CUT-OFF POINT FOR THE FIFTH WEEKLY UPDATE+++

ALL VOWS AND COMPLETIONS AFTER THIS POINT WILL BE REGISTERED FOR THE SIXTH WEEKLY UPDATE

What can I say Joe, you are a locomotive... and we all know that the Heresy ones don't have breaks! Good luck mate! :smile.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!