+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Yeah, listen to Fortis (fantastic yellow btw)! 

You cannot afford to relax the pace - you're doing a fantastic job so far but Week 7 was kind of slacking. 

Remember that combined with AoD-T you have pledged similar number of points to Chaos... So this is the ultimate completion rate game now. ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

No pics, but transfers and edge highlights are just about done on my big fat mob of infantry. Almost ready for weathering. My goodness this is a hard slog. :sweat:

Like Altis, I'm looking forward to seeing them, Stru. My hat's off to you for doing massed infantry. I'd lose what's left of my mind if I tried to do that many all at once. :lol:

Been taking a little longer than I thought this would - midterms for my graduate school classes last week kept me from finishing my painting then. All models are now completed as far as painting goes, just need to finish basing and my first vow will be complete!

gallery_10713_15590_1138842.jpg

gallery_10713_15590_437586.jpg

gallery_10713_15590_340752.jpg

And a small preview of what MIGHT be a part of my second vow...

gallery_10713_15712_34141.jpeg

That's what I'm talking about! We're rolling!

Since last week's cut off:

Stru is still faithfully slogging through infantry, Viridia's back from the true scale detour. Lionofjudah is rockin' his mountain of metal. Henimann is soooooo close to a completion and hints at another vow. Going to make it by this week's cutoff, brother? And Phatsquirre1 rang the bell with his handsome second completion!

Let's hear from the rest of ya'll! Week 8 is ending soon. Clock's tickin'.

Me? I'm going to give it my very best to finish this last Leviathan before the deadline and get a third vow on record... back to work...

Edited by Semper Fortis

@lion - I see Dorn, Typhon, a Deredeo, and a LOAD of capes. I'm intrigued!

Quick update from me (at 1am GMT on a work night, because I love you all as much as I apparently hate myself), gloss varnish is done, so weathering starts tomorrow. I'm almost loathe to do it because everything looks so neat and tidy as it is, but I know I must!

Going mad looking forward to vow 2 at this point, just for something different. @Captain Semper, I'll be sending you a PM in the next day or two to pick your brain, as I've got some older in-progress stuff that I'd like to include if I can.

Edited by StruManChu

@lion - I see Dorn, Typhon, a Deredeo, and a LOAD of capes. I'm intrigued!

Quick update from me (at 1am GMT on a work night, because I love you all as much as I apparently hate myself), gloss varnish is done, so weathering starts tomorrow. I'm almost loathe to do it because everything looks so neat and tidy as it is, but I know I must!

Going mad looking forward to vow 2 at this point, just for something different. @Captain Semper, I'll be sending you a PM in the next day or two to pick your brain, as I've got some older in-progress stuff that I'd like to include if I can.

Yessir- Dorn will be my first primer here... and he won’t be gold;)

Typhon is going to get cup up and made into someone cool... maybe Raan

The capes are all the primaris dudes... they all come with capes... and goofy looking packs that are gone for mkiv and mkvi packs

The deredero has a pair of sentinel legs next to him for the chicken leg conversion

Aaaaannnmnddddd the Culln leviathan is getting pertabos knight base, a BT mkiv head and some IF brass etch goodies to replace the silly scorpions;)- I’ve wanted to do another leviathan for awhile and the fact FW has redone the DDP molds means the doors aren’t gonna break in a new pod and they are so much smaller than a knight to transport;)

Stru.... WEATHER!!!!!!! I know the trepidation greatly and honor your dedication to making your doods cooler and moar realistic:):)

@ Phatsquirre: Excellent completion man - I particularly like the aircraft with the oil stains on the wings! :tu: The first second-vow to be completed for the AoD-L too!

@ Henniman: WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE TITANS YOU PEOPLE! :LOL: I'm not marking your vow as complete yet, correct? Great job man, I sure look fwd to the next one though...

@ Lionofjudah: This is coming along very nicely indeed! Gryphonycus I take it? Man, when this get done, it'll be super-awesome!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@Phatsquirre1: Your Medusa looks amazing. Any chance you can tell me what paints you use? Might have to lift that scheme for my 40kGuard army once I'm done with my current 30k binge.

Sure man, I use Vallejo Basalt Grey and German Fieldgrey WWII over a Neutral Grey Primer for my Guard/Auxilia. :thumbsup:

At long last, my first vow is complete!

gallery_10713_15590_564609.jpg

gallery_10713_15590_1461113.jpg

gallery_10713_15590_453024.jpg

Going to hold off on making my second vow for a couple weeks...wrapping up my summer session for graduate school so not sure if I will be able to devote alot of time to the hobby. After that, though - I'll be delivering something big, maybe TITANIC even....:wink:

Edited by Henimann

@ Lionofjudah: This is coming along very nicely indeed! Gryphonycus I take it? Man, when this get done, it'll be super-awesome!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey Capn... I’m brownscaling her to white before a clear red for Ignatum... hope it turns out;)

I’ll also be taking a few panels to yellow and then taping off for the black stripes.

I’m trying several new techniques out and using some of IA masterclass 2’s reaver painting.

I’m contemplating the hip joints and want to figure out what kind of stressors would be involved there as they are obviously not a ball and socket joint but are a rotational hinge.... the right thigh armor plate is a 3d printed replacement and I may primer that as a battleside replacement(what color is adamant it?;)

The pistons on the warhound are so short I may only get 1 or 2 compression rings on them.

Nearly done with my 2nd vow. I would give you updates, but my desk is such a wreck I have finished models stacked in every nook and cranny. I've also been scrap hammering a 3rd vow together from 40k lots and salvage from Ebay. Oh, and I painted with contrast paints for the first time. Dont waste your money.

Remaining on 2nd vow

4 outriders

2 rhinos

Alright Loyalists, another 2k and change banked for us here. Pledge #3 coming below.

gallery_106786_15606_75369.jpg

Pledge #3, a bit smaller than the first two, but still over 1k points.

Ultramarines

Herald with Legatine Blade, Refractor Field, Plasma Pistol and Artificer Armor

Custodes

Shield Captain with Arae Shrikes, Archaeotech Pistol, Digital Lasers, Melta Bombs, Praesidium Shield, Sentinel Warblade, Teleportation Transponders

Sentinel Guard Squad, 7 man squad with Arae Shrikes, Melta Bombs, Teleportation Transponder

Militia

Discipline Master Cadre. 2 man squad each with a power weapon, needle pistol, refractor field, Carapace armor, and Melta Bombs

White Scars

Kitbashed Kyzagan Assault Speeder

Undecided, probably Raven Guard

1x Recon Squad with Recon armor, Cameloline, Sniper Rifles, Melta Bombs, Nuncio Vox.

Total points for Vow 3- 1,405

gallery_106786_15606_286911.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_65428.jpg

@ lionofjudah: Ignatum! :woot: do those stripes man, do those stripes!!!

@ Congratulations man, a solid completion there! And a Titanic promise? Oh boy, this is getting out of hand! :lol:

@ TheStatusJoe: Talking of things getting out of hand, don't you think you should have vowed for the Traitors? I mean this kind of production suggests daemonic aid! I'll have the (as yet non-existent) Inquisition look into it! Congratulations man this is very impressive stuff and you are a good candidate on becoming the ETL VII Martyr! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Semper Fortis, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Age of Darkness - Loyalists and vow to complete a Solar Auxilia Baneblade with twin sponsons x2, command tank, and tank commander of total value 715 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. May the Emperor strengthen me.

For Dorn and for the Emperor!

gallery_86689_11936_662113.jpg