+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

@StatusJoe: Oh yeah, bring it on Brother StatusJoe! I can hear those traitors quaking in their boots. Hopefully you're also causing our 40k Dark Angel brothers some concern regarding their goal of the Dominus Exercitus Award (the highest forum award). They aren't that far ahead of us.

p.s. Please tell Lord Guilliman I'm really sorry about all those times in my gaming days that I made fun of the Ultramarines and called them little blueberry sissies.

÷ soapbox ÷

As for the rest of us, we can't let up until it's all over. Every point vowed but not completed carries a penalty. Let's get 'em done, especially you guys with first vows still hanging. And let's be really cautious about any last minute vows we make. Victory is within our reach!

÷ /soapbox ÷

Fellow Loyalists, I apologies for my absence from the front, unfortunately all of July was super busy and the first two weeks of August only a little less so.

In July I did manage to do a big 20 man tactical and my Master of signals.

gallery_29932_12734_18446.jpg

At this point I realized I was in deep deep trouble, I had done 26 marines in 2 months out of a total of 91.

So for the last two weeks I have been slaving away and can report another 35 marines done. the last 5 Tacticals from the squad I started in June and 2 5 mand squads of each specail, flamer, melta and plasma.

gallery_29932_12734_88949.jpg

So here is the remaining lot ready on my table:

gallery_29932_12734_13889.jpg

I have just under two weeks, gulp.

I will go back through the thread and look at everybody else’s work, and no doubt stare in utter wonder at some of it, but for now my focus must be on painting, for I will not fail, hopefully.

Edited by Trokair

Trokair!!! You're back! Man, I am glad to see you. I know you'll keep your vow if it's humanly possible. You painted 35 in two weeks. You can do 30 in these last two weeks, I know you can! Good luck, brother. May the Emperor keep your paint bottles from spilling and your brush tips pointy.

Am I mad? Probably. But, here's whats been going on this week.

I placed an order for a few Custodes, as mentioned before, thinking my contribution to ETL was winding down with a dwindling stack of models to paint (14 Bolt Action infantry was all I had left in my possession to paint.)

Then, an anonymous benefactor reached out and sent me a care package of models. The only caveat to that, was that they had to be painted for ETL.

Roger that.

Constantin Valdor

Jenetia Krole

3x Custodes Squads, with Melta Bombs, Shrikes, and TT

2x Sagittarum Guard Squads with Melta bombs and TT

Contemptor Galatus

Telemon with Caestus and Illastus Culverin

4x Tactical Squads with arty armor, nuncio and combat blades

Heavy Support squad with H. Bolters, arty armor

Land Raider Proteus with all the fixin's

Predator Tank with all the fixin's

Sicarian with Arm Ceramite, Aux Drive and Dozer Blade

Spartan with all the fixin's

Fellblade with lascannon sponson and the fixin's

Typhon with Arm Ceramite and Lascannon Sponsons

Legion Terminator Squad of 5 all with raven's talons

All for a total of 5620 points. I have 15 days remaining in the event. Yes, I am insane. No, I will not fail.

Let's go.

gallery_106786_15606_60979.jpggallery_106786_15606_10087.jpggallery_106786_15606_177614.jpggallery_106786_15606_112874.jpggallery_106786_15606_248867.jpggallery_106786_15606_6489.jpggallery_106786_15606_140646.jpg

Breachers Complete

Well, gentlemen. My vow is complete, I'm only sorry it is so small.

I had intended to finish these guys quickly, and then move on to working on my Blood Angels, but unfortunately life beat me over the head this summer. A lot of life changes this summer have just made it to where I didn't have time to do any more than what you see here, and that was at least partially because I had to have them done for the Music City Heresy next weekend.

Hopefully things calm down soon, and maybe I can get more done by the end of the year. But for ETL, I am unfortunately finished.

Good lookin' breacher boys, Aias. You kept your vow and that is what matters. Sorry you had a tough summer. Unfortunately it happens.

The Emperor remembers your sacrifice. :)

Edited to add: I had to think a bit on your vow, StatusJoe. Yes, you are certifiably and irrevocably insane. But you're our lunatic and I, for one, am really glad. You kick butt and take names. ;)

Edited by Semper Fortis

Am I mad? Probably. But, here's whats been going on this week.

@StatusJoe,you're not mad, you're certifiably insane!  I am glad you're OUR insane guy, instead of everybody else's!

Guess  I should add my own insanity into the mix - time for vow #2!

I, Henimann, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalists in the Age of Darkness, and vow to complete the below units of reinforcements for the XVIII Legion Salamanders, for a total of 1,288 points vowed. Success will bring glory to the Eighteenth, and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker for as long as my lord Vulkan decrees.

Praetor - 160 pts:  Artificer Armor, Mantle of the Elder Drake,  Volkite Serpenta, Paragon Blade (Mastercrafted), melta bombs

Contemptor Dreadnought - 230 pts: Twin-linked Volkite Culverins, Chainfist w/ meltagun, 2nd volkite culverin (magnetized  to swap with the chainfist)

Legion Assault Squad - 388 pts: 19 assault marines, 2 power axes, 2 hand flamers, Sergeant with artificer armor, combat shield, hand flamer, power maul(mastercrafted), melta bombs

Sicaran Battle Tank - 205 pts: lascannon sponsons

Spartan Assault Tank - 305 pts: quad lascannons, heavy bolters 

Sals Contemptor - Chainfist Option

Sals Contemptor - Dual Volkite Option

Assault Squad WIP

Sicaran WIP

Spartan Primed

I know I was talking earlier about a Warhound, but unfortunately she wont be built in time to be painted before ETL ends.   Oh well, maybe next time!  
Edited by Henimann

@Lion of Judah. She's looking spectacular. I love the colors!

@Viridia. Hope your greenstuff gets there quick, like really quick!

@Henimann. Whoa, another 1288 points! Sweet!

And I continue my plodding painting. The last Leviathan is near to done and the Fellblade is primed and basecoated, both yellows and blacks. Still painting...

Did anyone notice that Captain Semper said in the week 11 update that we were the twilight zone? I beg to differ. We're the MOTIVATION zone.

Edited by Semper Fortis

No brakes indeed... :ohmy.:

@ StatusJoe: I know you're a loyalist n'all but your zeal? it would make some Word Bearers jealous... Also, An anonymous benefactor? Seriously?

@ Henuman: Are you guys OK? Do you realise you got less than two weeks? This is going to be interesting *grabs pop corn*

@ LionofJudah: This is coming along amazingly well! You should be very proud man - you're doing an excellent job! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Absolutely brilliant work everyone! This is crunch time, and Fortis is absolutely right. Let's make sure we're motivating each other and ourselves.

An update from me, again without pics because I have no idea how to do that from my phone! :D

Infantry are essentially done. I've got a little more to do on the bases, but then it's just a little bit of edge highlighting.

Tanks need more work, but I've got a couple of days off this week and can most likely get that done before next week, at which point I've got all next week for transfers and weathering, which is more than enough time for me.

tl;dr - I'm sitting pretty for my second vow. :D

Captain Semper.

It is not enough to simply beat the traitors. We must hammer them so completely that they never rise again to challenge us.

Yes, I am serious about an anonymous benefactor. My last vow would have only consisted of the Custodes models if not for a care package being sent my way. I was just as surprised as you are, but I will fulfill my end of the bargain.