+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

You rock, lokkorex. Love your ogryns. Keep going, you're gonna make the deadline!

We have three more first vows outstanding that haven't communicated. I know one has lost interest, but I sure wish we'd hear from those other two gents. We also have a second vow from a brother who last posted here to vow in mid-July. Helloooooooooooooo!!! Are you there?

Looks like everybody else with outstanding vows is going to make it before that big ol' door slams shut. You guys are THE BEST! (But just to refresh your memory, the cutoff is this coming Sunday, 1 September at 1700 GMT. And GMT doesn't do daylight savings time. Anyone with a question about time zone calculations please feel free to ask.)

Edited to add: Lookin' good, lion. You're rockin' that 'blade! And the arm is going to get better, but for now I just remember what my old boot camp company commander used to yell... Do it, recruit! Are you saving that body for science?

Edited yet again [ sigh ] somehow I made a typo (Sonday) and the Sunday I meant to type for the cutoff got auto-edited to Monday, now fixed.

Cutoff = Sunday! Cutoff = Sunday! Cutoff = Sunday!

Edited by Semper Fortis

Trokair!!! You're back! Man, I am glad to see you. I know you'll keep your vow if it's humanly possible. You painted 35 in two weeks. You can do 30 in these last two weeks, I know you can! Good luck, brother. May the Emperor keep your paint bottles from spilling and your brush tips pointy.

Thanks, and it does look achievable right now. The heavy weapon marines just need their eyes done and the rest if not far behind.

The three Rapiers are actually giving me way more trouble than I expected. Lesson learned, next time leave the gunner and the front armour plate of until after painting, that would have made reaching the rest of the model so much easier. I have also found that the contrast doesn’t go on as well on them as it does on the plastic, not sure if it is because the resin is not as smooth, or if I screwed up the undercoat and that’s why it is just isn’t going as well. The gunnery crew is going to be a tad darker than everybody else because of it.

Also ouch, hope your shoulder is better now.

Lionofjuda, Nice work on the Warhoud, I assume that is the Techpriest in charge of maintenance inspecting the roof panel.

Heniman, onto the anvil of war. Good luck.

Viridia, What is your Darkfire Cannon made from?

TheStausJoe, …

Still don’t know what to say, another vow, that big, this close to the end…

I've pretty much finished assembling my second Castellax conversion (with the exception of the Darkfire Cannon) and will be cracking on with the two Rapier conversions, since thanks to the miracle of work changes I'm now stuck working 1-till-10 for the next week (thank the Emperor I'd booked a couple of days off already!)

@Trokair; a Drukhari Scourge dark lance served as conversion fodder, greenstuffed/glued into the smaller of the two weapons housings from the Kataphron Destroyers kit. Thankfully I've also got a Kabalite Warrior kit to scavenge another from stored away...and now I realise I need to convert the gunners for the Rapiers. Oh the joys of getting carried away in kitbashing/converting.

Trokair, yeah rapiers. I learned that lesson, too. :)

Should finish the Leviathan tomorrow. He's painted and just needs the base which will have to dry 2 days before I can paint it. The Fellblade is mostly painted, needs some pieces glued on. I believe that with the Emperor's help I will make it.

My update. I am at 15 models remaining to paint for my vow. 

5 Marines

7 Custodes

1 Jenetia Krole

1 Spartan

1 Fellblade

Tonight I knocked out 5 Marines, a Telemon Dreadnought and 2 Sagittarum Guard. Tomorrow should be the end of the Marines, and maybe some of the Custodes.

Leviathan done except for painting the base:

Hidden Content
gallery_86689_11936_710559.jpg

Are you reporting a completion?

Sorry, Cap'n. No, it's just a WIP. I should have been more specific. Just wanted to let the guys know I was still making progress.

Cool, noted!

Bedtime

*snip*

Completion?

Leviathan done except for painting the base:

Hidden Content
gallery_86689_11936_710559.jpg

Are you reporting a completion?
Sorry, Cap'n. No, it's just a WIP. I should have been more specific. Just wanted to let the guys know I was still making progress.

Cool, noted!

Bedtime

*snip*

Completion?

Not yet brother... was speaking of my bedtime as it was closer to 2am than I wanted it to be;)

I glossed her and then sprayed the tamiya flat earth along the dust line.

Sponging on the chipping now:)

She will be finished tomorrow

Brothers! I have just returned from a recon of the Dark Angel Outpost. Here's a the intel:

Captain Semper, who is pledged to that forum, is telling his brothers that (paraphrased) they have to stay focused, get things completed, they won't believe how close things are, every completion shifts the balance.

Let's note our competition's unease and use the intel to our advantage. All hands on deck (to borrow a naval phrase). Battle stations, battle stations. This is not a drill. This is not a drill. Stand by to repel boarders. Let's get this thing done!

And yes I am crazy. I even have a piece of paper to prove it. :)

Finally finished assembling everything barring the second Castellax's darkfire cannon and the Contemptor's upper body. I'll magnetise the weapon options on its wrists once its been painted.

[ cough ] blue tac [ /cough] I'm really looking forward to seeing your conversions finished, Viridia.

...She will be finished tomorrow

Woot! Can't wait, Edited by Semper Fortis

Finally finished assembling/converting them all and got the undercoat done. I'll spend tomorrow painting them as I'm in work until an ungodly hour today and will be enjoying a break at the nearest applicable public house with work friends this evening!etl_vii_vow_2_basecoated_by_lpjgpr_ddf5j

OK, fantastic work so far guys and gals! 

BUT

There are quite a few (very hefty) vows still outstanding. And I'm talking second or subsequent vows that carry the burden of the previous ones too... Your overall completion rate currently is just 50%. I'm sure it's going to change but I'm getting really nervous now. 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Ok, so following from the 35 marines I completed on the 17th I have now finished the rest of my vow:

gallery_29932_12734_90012.jpg

I have completed my Vow made all that way back on 12 June, anyway here are two shots of everything in the Vow.

While I am not great at taking pictures and light control I normally have a bit more control as I can use a white box with only one light source, but because there was so much I had to set it up on the table. First one is with flash, the second without a moment later.

gallery_29932_12734_113.jpg
gallery_29932_12734_20549.jpg

And because painting 91 marines in 3 months (65 of which in the last month) I need to paint something completely different next.

As there is a little over a day left until the end of the month (and I understand that event closure is more like day and a half away due to time zones) I will make a second Vow.

I, Trokair, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Omnissiah an Expeditionary Navigator with a cyber Familiar, Nuncio-vox and Digital lasers as seen in the PDF download on the Forgeworld Website of total value of 80 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring eternal glory for the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker for as long as the Omnissiah decrees.

I do not have the event model that the rules were released for but I do have this Navigator, and a Navigator is a Navigator right?

gallery_29932_12734_32001.jpg

Captain Semper, I do not know if the Navigator ever got rules in a Black or Red book, all I know is that there is a rules PDF that is still available on the Forgeworld website, Link to page and Link to PDF. The model the rule were released for a model only available at an Event some years ago and I am not using that model but the Navigator from Blackstone Fortress instead. If any of these factors mean that this is not an allowable vow within the AoD Loyalist event then please consider it an out of competition vow instead.

If anybody knows if there are updated rules (and especially updated point cost) please shout.

Edited by Trokair