+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Vow 2 is complete!  Had a hard time wrapping up things while at a convention but was able to wrap things up using my hotel room desk as a workbench.  Really happy with how my contemptor and praetor turned out - they did real well during the ZM event I participated in today.

20190830 231805

20190830 231823

20190830 232014

Lionofjudah, she's a beauty!!! May she win many battles to the glory of the Emperor! My yellow recipe is easy: Stynlrez neutral yellow prime, averland sunset base, layer yriel yellow, light wash seraphim sepia.

Trokair, awesome completion, brother. But (gasp) another vow? I hope you and that navigator spend lots of quality time together over the next 36 hours. Remember, lack of sleep is temporary but honor is forever!

StatusJoe, you're a machine!! I can't wait to see a pic of this whole vow all together! And on a more serious note, stay safe through this hurricane. I hope you come through it cool, dry, well fed, and intact. Just remember the snakes head for high ground when it floods.

Henimann, well done brother! Not only a completion, but already blooded in battle! Rest easy knowing the Emperor knows you are loyal and steadfast.

Me? I'm gonna make it. Should be able to post a completion tomorrow evening.

Edited by Semper Fortis

Alright, good show everyone! Your completion rate jumped 10 percentage points to 60%. This is significant but still has significant room for improvement... 

Let's go Loyalists! 

Captain Semper, I do not know if the Navigator ever got rules in a Black or Red book, all I know is that there is a rules PDF that is still available on the Forgeworld website, Link to page and Link to PDF. The model the rule were released for a model only available at an Event some years ago and I am not using that model but the Navigator from Blackstone Fortress instead. If any of these factors mean that this is not an allowable vow within the AoD Loyalist event then please consider it an out of competition vow instead.

If anybody knows if there are updated rules (and especially updated point cost) please shout.

Good enough for me! And congratulations for your hefty completion! :tu:

@ Heniman: Congratulations on your completion and your ZM event performance! (I don't know what it is... :blush.: )

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Ok, so following from the 35 marines I completed on the 17th I have now finished the rest of my vow:

gallery_29932_12734_90012.jpg

I have completed my Vow made all that way back on 12 June, anyway here are two shots of everything in the Vow.

While I am not great at taking pictures and light control I normally have a bit more control as I can use a white box with only one light source, but because there was so much I had to set it up on the table. First one is with flash, the second without a moment later.

gallery_29932_12734_113.jpg

gallery_29932_12734_20549.jpg

And because painting 91 marines in 3 months (65 of which in the last month) I need to paint something completely different next.

As there is a little over a day left until the end of the month (and I understand that event closure is more like day and a half away due to time zones) I will make a second Vow.

I, Trokair, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Loyalist in this Age of Darkness and vow to complete for the all-glory of the Omnissiah an Expeditionary Navigator with a cyber Familiar, Nuncio-vox and Digital lasers as seen in the PDF download on the Forgeworld Website of total value of 80 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring eternal glory for the Omnissiah and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker for as long as the Omnissiah decrees.

I do not have the event model that the rules were released for but I do have this Navigator, and a Navigator is a Navigator right?

gallery_29932_12734_32001.jpg

Captain Semper, I do not know if the Navigator ever got rules in a Black or Red book, all I know is that there is a rules PDF that is still available on the Forgeworld website, Link to page and Link to PDF. The model the rule were released for a model only available at an Event some years ago and I am not using that model but the Navigator from Blackstone Fortress instead. If any of these factors mean that this is not an allowable vow within the AoD Loyalist event then please consider it an out of competition vow instead.

If anybody knows if there are updated rules (and especially updated point cost) please shout.

Are these bkackshields?

Fortis, you do know that we are all mad here don’t you?

I am about halfway done; all the colours are on, now it is just tidy up and fine details. Such a different experience to paint this one is actually fun.

Are these bkackshields?

Not exactly, though in fluff they very well could be and or probably are, I only have a basic knowledge of the Blackshield fluff.

When I first decided to do marines in 30k I decided I wanted to do a loyalist contingent of a traitor Legion. They had seen what Chaos does and rejected it and went back to the Imperial Truth as a way of coping with it. They called themselves the Brotherhood of Ash and removed all former Legion allegiance indicators. But as they were already a little tainted they instead became (unknowing) followers of Necoho (a Chaos God of atheism/unbelief, from some rely old Fantasy fluff, so not technically canon but chaos is chaos and the irony of the idea appeals). So while they are Loyalist they do not like the rise of the faithful and the spread of Lectitio Divinitatus and the general religionification that was happening. As such they stayed semi independent as time went by and went to “preach” the Imperial Truth.

I was going to use some of the models as well as the then new Thousand Sons parts to do a 40k marine army (debated between using Chaos Codex and one of the Marine Codex’s) that shows what they became, still unaware follows of Necoho and spreaders of the Imperial Truth with a little evidence of corruption compared to Imperial marines but a lot less than normal Chaos. However this part of the project is now essentially canceled so I will probably come up with new fluff for the 30k components, especially as I had to give up the original plan of a bone coloured scheme and ended up with something darker.

Beware, there is a wall of photos here.

This is my completion for vow 5 for ETL. The first handful of photos are of my blooming Custodes force, including both a Contemptor Galatus and a Telemon.

After that, a plethora of Ultramarine tanks, including a typhon, spartan, land raider, sicarian and predator.

Rolling down the road next is an Iron Hands Fellblade. I painted this for a good friend of mine who helped me with the assembly of all of these models, because I'd probably still be gluing things together if I hadn't called in the reinforcements.

Finally, because of an anonymous donor, I am able to start an army for the Siege of Terra. I have wanted to build an Imperial Fists army for quite some time, but they continually get pushed down the line for other projects. Starting this force is four tactical squads and a heavy support squad with heavy bolters.

Guys, ETL has been a blast this year. Unfortunately I can't make any more pledges, as that's #5 for me. I need to live vicariously through your completions for here on out; so for the next 24 hours, I am a cheerleader. Keep painting, get those pledges in and we can win this event!

Hidden Content
gallery_106786_15606_374473.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_169598.jpggallery_106786_15606_140571.jpggallery_106786_15606_135200.jpggallery_106786_15606_351858.jpggallery_106786_15606_244890.jpggallery_106786_15606_391882.jpggallery_106786_15606_286251.jpggallery_106786_15606_30768.jpggallery_106786_15606_26838.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_379885.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_347294.jpg

gallery_106786_15606_228107.jpggallery_106786_15606_266129.jpggallery_106786_15606_67271.jpggallery_106786_15606_265124.jpggallery_106786_15606_227440.jpggallery_106786_15606_154294.jpggallery_106786_15606_220078.jpg

Edited by TheStatusJoe

Fully aware that this doesn't count as a completion, and also very sorry for my lack of contributions to the thread over the last week and a bit. Real life, etc.

However, Vow 2 is very much complete, according to popular opinion. :biggrin.:

gallery_67188_8872_37816.jpg

Pics coming tomorrow. I didn't get a chance to snap any today at the event because it was pretty jammed with gaming, but I didn't expect this and I'm more than a little chuffed.

StatusJoe, I'm speechless! That is an amazing accomplishment. And imagine my surprise to see Imperial Fists! I didn't even think you owned yellow paint. :lol:

Trokair, great navigator! I knew you could do it.

Stru!!! Best painted Imperial Army? That's just awesome!

Vow 4 complete. Please pardon the fact that the decals aren't on yet. There is just no way I can do them with one arm in a sling

gallery_86689_11936_1333096.jpg

And now I'm going to get some sleep. I am one tired old lady. [ snore ]

@ TheStatusJoe: I think you're officially the Martyr of ETL VII... I will need to wait until the dust settles but you are really a very good candidate. And deservedly so... Congratulations man, you've been tremendous dusking this event and managed to not only complete an insane number of minis but also to inspire your fellow participants!

@ Stru: This is excellent news and you should be rightly proud of your achievement! Now let's see the pics!!!!!!!

@ Fortis: Congratulations! With your valuable completion, the Loyalists do not have any 3rd, 4th or 5th outstanding vows. Congratulations - you're the the Commander-in-Chief of Yellow! :lol: Any chance to see decals on those beanies? 

Now, the WITCHKING and Viridia are the only ones with outstanding 2nd vows (assuming Stru will show pics in the next 10hrs). Any progress to report guys? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!