+++Age of Darkness Loyalist Outpost (AoD-L)+++

Haha, it’s an 8,000 words essay plus I have to get the stats right, plus formatting, plus adding the badges in the correct slots... I will probably be done tomorrow, posting on Wednesday... :)

And of course no offence taken...

I woke up in a puddle of drool.

I hope it was yours.

You just came close to owing me a new tablet, Stru. I spit iced tea all over everything. Still laughing... and I really needed that. Yes it was my own drool. I don't let my dog on the table. :lol:

Huh, whau?  Did I miss something?  I couldn't hear it over the sound of crying into my tea, listening to tinny records from Unity era brass bands with our freedom fighting brethren :wink:

Seriously you lot, absolutely spectacular.  A1, lots of stuff, I expect some sort of teamwork and friendship essay out of all this, though.  You lot seriously killed it this year!  Every one of you.  

But mah man Statusjoe, absolutely murderous rampage!  I'm sure Gulliman and the Emperor both would be proud.  Especially after the past event pulled in a whole ton of resources too.  Ain't no more I can say without gushing.  Flippin' grand slam you lousy Imperial dogs :P 

We'll see who takes it next year, eh? 

Woot!! Here’s to the trains brakes coming off!!

Train brakes?!? Brother, we ran her so hard I thought all the wheels were gonna fly off. :lol:

You guys are incredible! You do realize that JUST TEN of us managed to paint our way to the top of the heap... You all are the best and it's been a true honor to stand with you in battle. Thank you. And as for the four who fell in that battle before victory was won, we understand that life happens. May next year see you standing with us at the end.

Edited by Semper Fortis

(snip)... I don't know if I'm going to aim for 15k again next year.

Mate, I don't even think I'm going anywhere near 5k next year, so don't feel bad. No regrets whatsoever, because we got there in the end, but man... With the wee one needing so much attention everything in the evenings gets pushed back, so I only get to sit down and paint from about 10pm onwards. I could do without another three months of 4-5 hours sleep a night because I'm up doing ETL vows. :ermm:

Great job, guys!  I am FLOORED by how much work we did....StatusJoe, you deserved the martyr award, you are a painting God!   Fortis, you did a great job keeping us going along. And Captain Semper,  thank you for having the wherewithal to do this every year!

Looking forward to doing this again next year!  

Edited by Henimann

Don't you just hate it when you run out of likes? :(

StatusJoe and Stru have a point about large vow fatigue. Cranking out the big numbers can feel good, but it can also get old after a while. So StatusJoe has his Martyr award and Stru his award winning army. They deserve a little less pressure next year. How are we going to manage next year?

Might I suggest each member of this team take every opportunity over the coming year to share with other AoD members just how much fun you had in ETL. Wax poetic regarding the sense of fulfilment with your completions, the joy of the camaraderie, the... Eh, you get the idea. Just don't beg for victims ahem fellow painters, especially in their threads. Captain Semper wrote quite a bit on that subject in this year's rules. Though I imagine it would be acceptable next spring to record in your WIP thread just how excited you are that ETL is coming up so you can paint this spectacular conversion.

And apropos of nothing, despite having trashed my shoulder and been unable to make a fifth vow, I still managed to exceed my personal goal of an increase of ten percent over my 2018 ETL total. I'm as proud of that as I am of anything I've done in recent years. Also, I hope to the Emperor that I never have to put tracks on a Fellblade with one arm ever again. :lol:

Edited by Semper Fortis

This was definitely a great event, well done to the rest of AoD-L, congratulations to AoD-T for powerhousing to fifth place overall, beating even larger forums as well! Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to save for next year's ETL.